Japan Hero awards? (Goku guest stars)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Japan Hero awards? (Goku guest stars)

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Just when I thought I knew everything there was with Dragonball related stuff this comes along. :P What is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUlH6Mxhar0
I love this little guest appearance with Goku and The World martial arts tournament.
I'm a sucker for those tournaments. :D
Also it looks like this was recently made. because the animation on the world tournament & some of characters, looks like it came straight from the jump special. I could be wrong, but it's just a guess :?

Also Goku advertise's Dragonball DVD singles and Dragonball Z DVD's are on sale. at 6:34
Also I know it says this was made 2007 April 7 premiered on Fuji TV, but I usually don't trust people on Youtube. only my fellow Kanzenshuu members :)

Also is there a part 2? because it looks like Goku was about to fight at the end :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: Japan Hero awards? (Goku guest stars)

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:11 pm

We had a whole page on this on Kanzentai, but I don't know if it's made the jump over to the new site yet.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Well I can't wait to see the info on it. :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 pm

I've never seen this before, so, yeah this was kinda cool. This is Fuji TV animating this, not Toei, correct?
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Insertclevername wrote:I've never seen this before, so, yeah this was kinda cool. This is Fuji TV animating this, not Toei, correct?
I'm not really sure, that's why I was hopeing for some info. I'll just have to wait and see. :)
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 pm

This short feature was produced by Fuji TV and Kyodo TV, and was actually a small part of a much larger 3 hour historical special entitled, "Japan Hero Awards 2007 ~Super Great People who Changed History Special~". The majority of the show was not animated, but rather done with actors in historical costume, as is seen throughout the tournament. As far as we know, the short was animated in-house by Fuji TV rather than Toei Animation, as they are the ones credited with its production and Toei's name is not mentioned anywhere.

Anyway, there are a lot of other cool notes to go along with, so we'll try to get the page up sometime soon so you can read more about it.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks so much Hujio! I look forward to reading it. :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:48 pm

It looks pretty neat... Specially because they are not using the TOEI color scheme of the "bright plastic skin". :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Woah, just now noticing that Gokuu's arrival looks like it's animated by Tate Naoki. Awesome.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:20 am

Goku's arrival does have really smooth animation. I like it. X3

I do remember watching this back when it first came out, still think Goku snatching the microphone away to sell dvd's is oddly entertaining. The washed-out colors are different; I think I'd get used to it if I were to see more, but I do like bolder color schemes, at least for clothes.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am

Chuquita wrote:Goku's arrival does have really smooth animation. I like it. X3

I do remember watching this back when it first came out, still think Goku snatching the microphone away to sell dvd's is oddly entertaining. The washed-out colors are different; I think I'd get used to it if I were to see more, but I do like bolder color schemes, at least for clothes.

Also... I don't know you, but the style is less square as the latest design... uhmm... you know, the faces now look more...erh... I don't know how to explain it. Fat? ugh.... Can't think of another word. :/
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 pm

soulnova wrote:

Also... I don't know you, but the style is less square as the latest design... uhmm... you know, the faces now look more...erh... I don't know how to explain it. Fat? ugh.... Can't think of another word. :/

I definitely agree with you on how the current style's wide-faces don't look that flattering. It just doesn't match up that well with what I remember from Z and the manga. As of right now though, it's not a deal-breaker; but that might just be because I really want a movie-news-update.

I think it also depends on who is animating it; there were bits of the Jump 08 special that I'm almost certain were animated by someone who worked on Movie 12.

I could go with Japan Hero awards art style, Japan Hero Awards Goku definitely has more of a smooth, flowing movement to how he's animated. The art they use in the scene where he's selling the dvd's is also really nice, but not sure if that was on purpose.

The old 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai (with its slightly slimmer Goku who's got more of a martial artist's figure) is my preferred art style for DB though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am

If you thought that was a great cameoyou should check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHEvbj7 ... re=related

Here he appears on Yamada Katsute-nai Wink TV and even summons Shenron to grant the wish of the J-pop artist.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 am

There's actually a great fansub of it out headed by our very own Sangofe: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9459 (do not post in that thread, it's very old).

And the Kanzentai page is still up if anyone wants to read it: http://www.kanzentai.com/misc_db.php?id=nihon

Also the original torrent file is down (and I haven't been seeding, bad Desire!) so here's a direct download of the video: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/681507/daizex/N ... Taisho.mkv (35.8 MB)

It's soft-subbed, so you may need a more advanced application to play it (I suggest VLC or Media Player Classic).

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Wow! Thank you very much desirecampbell :) Now I can understand what they are saying :P :D
Jord wrote:If you thought that was a great cameoyou should check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHEvbj7 ... re=related

Here he appears on Yamada Katsute-nai Wink TV and even summons Shenron to grant the wish of the J-pop artist.
Haha yeah I seen that a long while back. but thanks anyways :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Oh, I saw this one long time ago.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

soulnova wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Tate Naoki, hence why it doesn't look like Yamamuro was not involved. Check out Tate's work on One Piece and you'll notice the similarities.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf