DBGT- why so many ending songs?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

chaosakita
Not-So-Newbie

Re: DBGT- why so many ending songs?

Post by chaosakita » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:30 pm

More recently, anime songs are used to promote commercial artists. So GT's ending songs had nothing to do with the show.

But don't complain! One of the ending songs was by ZARD, who is great. RIP Izumi Sakai :(

Necrosaber
Beyond Newbie

Post by Necrosaber » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:39 am

I seriously get misty eyed when I hear Blue Velvet. I get nostolgia overload. :cry:

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:15 pm

Blue Velvet is one of the songs I remember downloading back in the early days of my fandom (and the early days of the internet). Such fond memories of crappy mp3s and midis that were usually either mislabeled or called "Unknown DBZ song". :p
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:52 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:Blue Velvet is one of the songs I remember downloading back in the early days of my fandom (and the early days of the internet). Such fond memories of crappy mp3s and midis that were usually either mislabeled or called "Unknown DBZ song". :p
Haaaaaa! I so know this feel.

Downloading GT songs off Napster at 56K connection speed of 128kbps MP3 quality, before I even saw GT but just kind of knew of it.

Getting lots of nostalgia right now. :)