The Chōzenshū databook thread: speculation, discussion, etc.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The Chōzenshū databook thread: speculation, discussion,

Post by medama_oyaji » Thu May 09, 2013 11:44 am

Yeah, I'm probably going to skip out on the Chozenshu, but the Chogashu I'm definitely going to get! Now I have to decide whether to import it through mail-order or seek it out at conventions....

SSJJezter
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJJezter » Thu May 09, 2013 11:55 am

I haven't really been following the progress of the news about these guide books. What is the difference between the Chozenshu and the Chogashu?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 09, 2013 12:00 pm

SSJJezter wrote:I haven't really been following the progress of the news about these guide books. What is the difference between the Chozenshu and the Chogashu?
When in doubt, remember there's a website: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/05/09/ne ... -in-japan/ =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu May 09, 2013 12:09 pm

So has it been confirmed yet that the Chogashu is 100% comprised of Toriyama drawn images or are there anime/promotional stuff not drawn by him thrown in as well?

SSJJezter
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJJezter » Thu May 09, 2013 12:34 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
SSJJezter wrote:I haven't really been following the progress of the news about these guide books. What is the difference between the Chozenshu and the Chogashu?
When in doubt, remember there's a website: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/05/09/ne ... -in-japan/ =P
Thanks for the help! I did a little more looking around on the site and it all sounds pretty cool. Yet another Japanese product that I wish would get an English release...

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu May 09, 2013 1:28 pm

MagicBox wrote:Is it a hardcover? In some of the pictures it looks like it is, but in some it looks like it isn't.
Just check the main site, StupidBox. They already confirmed it's a hardcover.

Of everything that's been confirmed so far, I have to say I'm most interested in the new Masako Nozawa material. It's an essay instead of an interview, so hopefully it'll be less formal, more detailed, and more personal than her overused, go-to BoG interview responses.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm

So before the reveals, do we have confirmation on if C4 is updated information (errors fixed except for Bra) with new Dragon Ball info on YSG&FR, EoB, and BoGs. Or is it copy paste D7 with the new info on recent Dragon Ball products.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Thu May 09, 2013 6:40 pm

I remember that Daizenshuu 7 had a small gallery of all the individual chapter title page images from the manga. Do either of these books have anything like that?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm very curious if there are any extra tidbits about stuff from Battle of Gods (though any of the new material would be welcome). Maybe a bit more information on Super Saiyan God (how long is the time limit? does it allow Goku to absorb energy? do they want to give a multiplier? etc.) or maybe Whis and Birus (Ages? Races? Actual hobbies? etc.). I just like new info, so I hope this book has some in it...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

How many pages does The Chōgashū have? It's got a pretty hefty price tag, so I'm wondering what makes the book a step above the rest...
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Fri May 10, 2013 5:48 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:How many pages does The Chōgashū have? It's got a pretty hefty price tag, so I'm wondering what makes the book a step above the rest...
It looks likes it's a really high quality production (in the same way as the Dragon Boxes and kanzenbans are, I guess) with the hard cover and slip case and stuff, and it's also full of images, which tend to be expensive to print. It does have a lot of pages too. That's why I think it's expensive anyway.

BejitaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BejitaSama » Fri May 10, 2013 6:06 am

Can't wait the translation of new infos by Kanzenshuu !
Last edited by BejitaSama on Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Fri May 10, 2013 6:16 am

Is General White in the character encyclopedia? I think he was missing in Daizenshuu 7.
Mashirito jr seems to be in there (as well as the new design for Dr Raichi), so I wonder if GT characters also made the cut.

I can't wait to have those, but it seems they would arrive by monday....

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 pm

I would very much like to get the Super Art Collection, but I'm not sure what's the best way to import via CD Japan...
Is it just about creating an account, paying CD Japan once (including custom charges) and be delivered and that's it? Nothing else to deal with?
Or are there bad surprises such as when you get delivered "surprise! Go get us some extra 20 dollars right this second cause of extra charges!"

Would you recommand one shipping method more than another (cost is not a problem as long as I deal with it once and for all, so it doesn't matter if one shipping method is more expensive, I'm more worried about the quality of the delivery and especially the amount of "surprise! pay once more, deal on your own with external entities unrelated with CD Japan!" stuff they could come up with).

I'm not used to importing, the only import products I have (including the Super Butoden 2 OST when it comes to Dragon Ball) were gifts by friends who had their (now unavailable) ways with it.
So these might sound like stupid questions, but I just don't feel comfortable with how it might all hide unforeseen complications.
And yet, I would very much like to have that gorgeous Super Art Collection in my collection...

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Inside the fourth book:
http://ameblo.jp/yoyocom69/entry-11527274636.html
I need to find some money...

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri May 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Darknat wrote:Is General White in the character encyclopedia? I think he was missing in Daizenshuu 7.
Mashirito jr seems to be in there (as well as the new design for Dr Raichi), so I wonder if GT characters also made the cut.
Yes, and yes.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm

So, unlike previous Chozenshu, this one is fixing up some of Daizenshuu 7's errors? Or is this character encyclopaedia with General White not part of the D7 stuff?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Saiga wrote:So, unlike previous Chozenshu, this one is fixing up some of Daizenshuu 7's errors? Or is this character encyclopaedia with General White not part of the D7 stuff?
I hope so. I hope SOOOOOOOOOOO BADLY. I also want more of an insight on Toriyama's decisions as the series progressed. Especially why Gohan became unfit as a lead when he was built up the entire time through Z only to get shafted forever making the hole build up lead to nothing.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri May 10, 2013 11:09 pm

According to Hobby Link Japan, the Chōzenshū is a softcover book.... which is surprising.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sat May 11, 2013 12:03 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:According to Hobby Link Japan, the Chōzenshū is a softcover book.... which is surprising.
Surprising, indeed… because it's wrong. :P
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。