The Chōzenshū databook thread: speculation, discussion, etc.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alpha_Flight

Re: The Chōzenshū databook thread: speculation, discussion,

Post by Alpha_Flight » Sun May 19, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks for the info! Yes, it was quite expensive, $97.00 CAD in total with shipping. Although I did choose Fed Ex with a 1-3 day delivery :) I received my full color Saiyan and Freeza mangas from CD Japan in four days post order! So stoked for the Chogashu. I am surprised we haven't seen more pictures of the inside pages. Not long now! :D
Last edited by Alpha_Flight on Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Alpha_Flight wrote:Have any of you fine folks ordered from Play-Asia? They are a Hong Kong based company, which I have never dealt with. Since CD Japan was sold out, I did a total panic purchase... Although online reviews were about 70 percent good. Fingers crossed...
I've ordered a handful of CDs and import video games from Play-Asia over the years. Never been disappointed.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:53 am

You guys are super helpful! Thank you so much for the info! I'll be looking around (and calling stores) to see where I can get it for the best price.

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 pm

CDJapan now ships within 1-3 weeks.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 am

Tss, isn't that great... I was just about to have me a Chogashu from CD Japan for my birthday.
And now it's gone from CD Japan, gone from Play-Asia, etc...
What were they thinking having so little of those, it's a Dragon Ball illustration collection, of couse every fan in the world is gonna buy it and a thousand copies have to be ready to go at all times!
Well, okay, that didn't sound realistic at all from a commercial point of view, but that's just because I'm a little annoyed by the situation...

Anyway, perhaps I'll have a chance of ordering it on "non US" Yes-Asia and maybe even there won't be a nasty surprise around the corner (when CD Japan was initially a perfectly safe plan!)...
A Dragon Ball item becoming unavailable... I can't believe that should even have the right to happen.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue May 21, 2013 11:10 am

Cold Skin wrote:Tss, isn't that great... I was just about to have me a Chogashu from CD Japan for my birthday.
And now it's gone from CD Japan, gone from Play-Asia, etc...
What were they thinking having so little of those, it's a Dragon Ball illustration collection, of couse every fan in the world is gonna buy it and a thousand copies have to be ready to go at all times!
Well, okay, that didn't sound realistic at all from a commercial point of view, but that's just because I'm a little annoyed by the situation...

Anyway, perhaps I'll have a chance of ordering it on "non US" Yes-Asia and maybe even there won't be a nasty surprise around the corner (when CD Japan was initially a perfectly safe plan!)...
A Dragon Ball item becoming unavailable... I can't believe that should even have the right to happen.
CDJapan is selling them again and shipping them in 1-3 weeks. This was most likely a stock shortage (maybe they were selling more than they thought), they have since adquired more items to sell (that will arrive in their storages in a few weeks).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue May 21, 2013 11:26 am

omegalucas wrote: CDJapan is selling them again and shipping them in 1-3 weeks. This was most likely a stock shortage (maybe they were selling more than they thought), they have since adquired more items to sell (that will arrive in their storages in a few weeks).
Ah, great, thank you A LOT! :thumbup: (I thought Jawdrahb's post above mine was a generic info about CD Japan now shipping within 1-3 weeks, not the fact that the Chogashu was available again on their store! :roll:)
You know, not being used to those stores, I thought it was more like a definitive "there's no more Chogashu for good in Japan, except for stores who still have a few copies!"

I'm relieved to see that those kinds of shortage are temporary! But I will definately not waste time before ordering it now, cause I just got a good scare of having missed a huge Dragon Ball opportunity!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue May 21, 2013 11:39 am

Cold Skin wrote: Ah, great, thank you A LOT! :thumbup: (I thought Jawdrahb's post above mine was a generic info about CD Japan now shipping within 1-3 weeks, not the fact that the Chogashu was available again on their store! :roll:)
You know, not being used to those stores, I thought it was more like a definitive "there's no more Chogashu for good in Japan, except for stores who still have a few copies!"

I'm relieved to see that those kinds of shortage are temporary! But I will definately not waste time before ordering it now, cause I just got a good scare of having missed a huge Dragon Ball opportunity!
It's normal. I remember when I bought the full-color Saiyan arc the first time (I had to cancel the order later but somehow I still got the buyer points from the canceled order and then used them as a discount when buying the same three books again, this time for real :lol: - considering it was my first purchase, they gave me 200 or 300 points, and that's the same amount in yen!) I got the last copy of one of them but they got available later again.
It's called restocking :P
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Alpha_Flight

Post by Alpha_Flight » Tue May 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Strangely enough, after reading the heads-up post about CDJapan having the Cho Gashu in stock with a 1 - 3 week lead time, I checked out the site. To my surprise they had one (1) in stock (Someone's credit card may have been declined). I jumped on it and ordered it, soon after cancelling my order with Play-Asia. I paid $62.00 CAD c/w FEDEX International Priority Mail. I saved $40.00 CAD due to my cancellation with Play-Asia and CDJapan has shipped the Cho Gashu already! I will have this baby before weeks end :D

Very happy. Thanks for the heads up Jawdrahb!

SSJ_Catacomb

Post by SSJ_Catacomb » Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Alpha_Flight wrote:To my surprise they had one (1) in stock (Someone's credit card may have been declined).
Aha, I hope that wasn't my card! I ordered the apparent "1 in stock" very late last night. Fingers crossed we both get our copies somehow though, hey?
"Kakarotto! I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"But Vegeta, we're already dead!" -- Vegeta & Goku

Alpha_Flight

Post by Alpha_Flight » Tue May 21, 2013 4:30 pm

SSJ_Catacomb wrote:
Alpha_Flight wrote:To my surprise they had one (1) in stock (Someone's credit card may have been declined).
Aha, I hope that wasn't my card! I ordered the apparent "1 in stock" very late last night. Fingers crossed we both get our copies somehow though, hey?
Here is the truth:

When I saw the post that CDJapan had some more copies coming, I clicked the link. When I was brought to the Cho Gashu order page on CDJapan, it said that one (1) was in stock. I ordered it right away.

I then refreshed the page, and again the 1 - 3 week availability appeared. About an hour later I checked again, and it said that another one (1) was in stock (Which was strange I thought). I checked yet again before bed and the 1 - 3 week availabilty was back.

I will be getting mine, as it shipped today (Around 14 hours from purchase to dispatch - Go, go CDJapan! :D), so I am sure you will get yours very soon amigo! This book is the best piece of DB merchandise in a while, very excited to absorb its power!

SSJ_Catacomb

Post by SSJ_Catacomb » Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 am

Alpha_Flight wrote:I will be getting mine, as it shipped today (Around 14 hours from purchase to dispatch - Go, go CDJapan! :D), so I am sure you will get yours very soon amigo!
Great news! Mine has also shipped!! :D ...I'm not really sure what's going on but I am damn pleased on both our accounts. Cannot wait to basque in all it's glory!

redon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redon » Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am

Got my Chōgashū today from CD Japan (by SAL, it´s arrived in 2 weeks). It´s amazing, best Dragon Ball Artbook ever!!

Some pictures :mrgreen:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by medama_oyaji » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 am

Aaaahhhhh! Those little pictures on the inside of the slip-case! That's awesome :o

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu May 23, 2013 10:46 am

It seems they're in stock again! Mine just shipped! :D
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

SSJ_Catacomb

Post by SSJ_Catacomb » Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

CashmanX wrote:It seems they're in stock again! Mine just shipped! :D
So exciting! Ordered using FedEx so I get the added joy of their tracking service.
Also, been looking at getting the Chozenshus too. I don't know how to read Japanese but nonetheless I'm feeling like they will be pretty cool to collect anyway. I noticed that just about everywhere is listing them as Out of Print, though. Is it worth shelling out a little extra on Ebay before it's too late, or is it possible more will come about?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu May 23, 2013 2:07 pm

redon wrote:Got my Chōgashū today from CD Japan (by SAL, it´s arrived in 2 weeks). It´s amazing, best Dragon Ball Artbook ever!!

Some pictures :mrgreen:

*snips*

Wow, beautiful!
Damn I was hoping for mine to have arrived today (so that'd take as long as the Full Colors took) but apparently not. Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow! :D

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu May 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Every single WJ cover Dragon Ball got. Awesome.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Those sketches on that cover. *_* (the ones of Kaio's planet, Kaio, and Goku). Is there more preliminary art like that inside the book? Because that "I haven't seen this before" stuff could seriously sway me to buy this. I've hesitated so far because I already have daizenshuu 1 and I've seen most of the art from daizenshuu 7.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu May 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Chuquita wrote:Those sketches on that cover. *_* (the ones of Kaio's planet, Kaio, and Goku). Is there more preliminary art like that inside the book? Because that "I haven't seen this before" stuff could seriously sway me to buy this. I've hesitated so far because I already have daizenshuu 1 and I've seen most of the art from daizenshuu 7.
No. Julian has stated a couple of times, I think...somebody did anyway, that there isn't any other concept art in the book.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)