Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:24 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Here are the trailers for season 8 on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUfSfV2yGuA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVbOfO942hk
Cheers pal. Dammit was hoping they were going to show the S9 artwork. Guess they still working on it, please be Vegetto on there! But I guess it'll probably be Goku with the spirit bomb.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:37 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:But with the quality of Level-remaster they would at least need to charge $60 or more and if anyone were to complain, keep in mind how much people have to pay for similar home releases in Japan.

The new upcoming Kai releases cost each 11k-22k yen. Just seeing the converted price to Pounds/Dollars makes me :shock:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... B%E6%94%B9
What Funimation needs to do is what Toei did back in 2003, create some Dragon Boxes. Issue is they don't have film for DB and I don't know if they have film masters for GT...
If they release each box at $350 it shouldn't be an issue, as long as it's the complete series...

Or, release "season" like sets like level 1 = saiyan saga and so on.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Tatakae!!Ramenman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatakae!!Ramenman » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:26 pm

I think they need to release the original dub with all of the next episode previews, like the "Rock The Dragon" edition. That would basically make it like a Dragon Box for US fans. I'm okay with them not remastering it though.
Neo died for our smiths.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Cheers pal. Dammit was hoping they were going to show the S9 artwork. Guess they still working on it, please be Vegetto on there! But I guess it'll probably be Goku with the spirit bomb.
Considering the artwork for every three seasons is made up from just a single image, it should already have been finalized. They're just not showing it yet :P
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Darn it FUNi, you released the rest of arcs in one go, why tease now.

Anyway, interesting video, that compares the AR and the revised dub against the broadcast dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIjIuPwxSk

"God of love" haha!!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:46 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Anyway, interesting video, that compares the AR and the revised dub against the broadcast dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIjIuPwxSk
There's something incredibly charming about that old and terrible dub. I love it.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:13 am

Oh wow, the old dub sounds so horrible in comparison.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Anyway, interesting video, that compares the AR and the revised dub against the broadcast dub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIjIuPwxSk
There's something incredibly charming about that old and terrible dub. I love it.
At least it shows the selective cropping of the releases.
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 pm

Wait wait wait only just clocked on, in the broadcast dub Krillin said "can you bring them back from the dead" but in the revised/uncut dub he say's "bring them back to our dimension". Like the hell man.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:52 pm

I also noticed that line sounds very low quality compared to the rest. Really helps that campy, low budget feel of the dub of those episodes. :lol:

The "revised" dub of season 3 had lots of oddities, like Vegeta telling Krillin to shut up, rather than the already accurate "I guess". I'd rather watch the original dub, if not for the nostalgia of it, then because the "remastered" version is such a hackjob. It's quite jarring overall and feels very lazy.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Without having seen the old dub, I never thought the redubs in Season 3 were too much of a mess. The only messy parts were some of the voices that weren't redubbed.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Season 4+ were left relatively untouched right?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:08 pm

For the most part. Trunks' line "step away and face me Cell" was removed, probably because they lost the original recording, and Goku reusing the "Hey mister, are you alright?" line from the previous episode when taking to Yajirobe, and a few previously unused lines being included in the mix.

I think Hebert redubbed Ox King for the most part, but there was oddly one episode where he didn't, so the whole thing was pointless in the end anyway. Plus he redubbed the narrator, but that's only during the beginning and ending of an episode.
Last edited by Metalwario64 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Kyle Hebert redubbed the Ox-King for the most part, but I swear it actually went back and forth throughout the Cell arc. Episode 193 is a good example of Mark Britten's voice remaining. Also, the Garlic Jr. Saga still redubbed Vegeta, and also did Maron and two of the Spice Boys (Mustard and, well, Spice).

The biggest change after Season 3, however, is Hebert redoing the narrator up until the Great Saiyaman Saga.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Yeah. I don't know why that slipped my mind. :lol:

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 pm

The dub has never been very consistent, so I don't bother with it. I just stick to the Japanese version.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:28 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:The dub has never been very consistent, so I don't bother with it. I just stick to the Japanese version.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

The only consistent Dragon Ball dub FUNi's ever produced would be Dragon Ball Kai, and that still doesn't share much voice continuity with original DB or even GT.

Even though Battle of Gods' dub was excellent scripting and acting-wise, it still had some voices from Z replacing cast members from Kai, and vice-versa.

Let's not even get started with the Westwood/Ocean/Blue Water dubs... voice and script continuity was just thrown out the dang window right there.
Last edited by theoriginalbilis on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:04 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:Even though Battle of Z's dub was excellent scripting and acting-wise
You mean Battle of Gods, right?
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:The only consistent Dragon Ball dub FUNi's ever produced would be Dragon Ball Kai, and that still doesn't share much voice continuity with original DB or even GT.
Except Kai is not consistent for Freeza has two dub voices in the show, Linda Young in Episode 1 and Chris Aryes for the rest.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:52 am

One of these days, I'm going to edit a Chris Ayres laugh into that episode.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.