Battle of Gods Box Office - $51.2 million

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Re: Battle of Gods Box Office - $49.7 million (#6 in US!)

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:48 pm

At least for my local theaters, a lot of them only had screenings on Tuesday and Wednesday. That may have been the case in other cities as well, which is why the number of theaters reporting ticket sales for Thursday was a lot lower. On the other hand, I see one local theater is playing the movie every day through next Tuesday, so there should be more numbers coming in for a while, since Funimation's officially announced release dates of 5-7 + 9 are clearly not true for every theater.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 pm

It only did $263,000 thats incredibly disappointing. It was only shown in like half the theatres too I certainly wasn't expecting that, $3,000,000 is probably out of reach now. It's not even supposed to be shown today so if it does appear it won't be much.

On the plus side it has pushed the movie past $50,000,000 just about.

The only other thing I would have liked for to happen would have been for BoG to outgross DBE but it'd need to make another $8 million and I don't see that happening. It has Australia and New Zealand for a day, maybe it can hit $52 million but it'd need to release in more places.

petronka101

Post by petronka101 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Bullza wrote:It only did $263,000 thats incredibly disappointing. It was only shown in like half the theatres too I certainly wasn't expecting that, $3,000,000 is probably out of reach now. It's not even supposed to be shown today so if it does appear it won't be much.

The only other thing I would have liked for to happen would have been for BoG to outgross DBE but it'd need to make another $8 million and I don't see that happening. It has Australia and New Zealand for a day, maybe it can hit $52 million but it'd need to release in more places.
DBE made US$8 of its US$58 millions in China though.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?pa ... onball.htm

dprez
Advanced Regular

Re: Battle of Gods Box Office - $50 million

Post by dprez » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:39 pm

I absolutely loved the movie. The English voice actors have now, in their own right, owned the characters. The American fan base who saw this movie love and respect DBZ so much more now. Seriously, I'm damn glad this movie was made and cannot wait for the next one. Fucking awesome this movie was. :clap:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:03 pm

I'm not 100% sure on this but don't expect any numbers to be given until Monday now. They'll give out estimates but it won't be until Monday that they'll reveal actual numbers and then we'll know how much it made over Friday, Saturday and Sunday (which probably won't be much).

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:04 am

Tried to see the showing today at 1 PM but it was sold out at my theater.

Although i just noticed on twitter there will be one more showing this Tuesday at another one.. I hope to make it.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 am

Bullza wrote:It only did $263,000 thats incredibly disappointing. It was only shown in like half the theatres too I certainly wasn't expecting that, $3,000,000 is probably out of reach now. It's not even supposed to be shown today so if it does appear it won't be much.

France hasn't screened the movie, you know.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:33 am

Yeah that's pretty odd because DBZ is pretty popular over there. Italy and Spain are the only European countries to get the movie.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Penguintruth needs to be unbanned. I really think he has been punished long enough...
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 pm

We're probably going to have to wait until Monday's actuals to see how it did on Saturday. It should show up on this chart.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 pm

It might have data on any Friday and Sunday numbers as well. I wonder if it'll make more on Saturday compared to Thursday.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm not surprise that TMNT beat BOG, but I didn't think it will be #1. Despite the bad reviews, TMNT holds a big house hold name and the series is still popular with kids.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:50 pm

Bullza wrote:It might have data on any Friday and Sunday numbers as well. I wonder if it'll make more on Saturday compared to Thursday.
I'm confident it will, but only if the number of theaters showing the movie on saturday are the same amount (I doubt itll be more) as thursday. If people had time to watch it on the weekdays, they'd watch it on premiere day, or even wednesday. But on Saturday, you get the people that work through the weekday and dont have time to watch movies. Weekends are the biggest draws for theaters for that reason alone. I know my saturday night screening was full, at least.

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Looks like the movie did more than well enough in theaters to be considered a success for FUNimation.

I hope they take their money and use it to bring us more Dragon Boxes....

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:26 pm

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:08 pm

??
The actual's are out now but it might be like with the daily numbers and DBZ's figures will be updated on there in a few hours time.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 pm

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/4 ... 32/photo/1

It looks like Funimation is doing additional screening this week. I wonder how long they can keep extending this and how it will affect the final gross?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:35 pm

I just hope this won't hold on the official home video release like Funi is doing with Eva 3.0.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/