Unexpected Dragon Ball in your life

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Unexpected Dragon Ball in your life

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:43 am

Majin Buu cloud surprised me this morning!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Unexpected Dragon Ball in your life

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:04 am

This thread won't be complete without this image.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:52 pm

About 8 years back when I was in high school there was a school bus that had a picture of GT Kid Goku on it along with the Toonami logo. I only saw it about twice sadly.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Haha! :P This is great..Random! but great! :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:05 pm

Someone used "OVER 9000!" in an email at work. People my age usually don't acknowledge DBZ's existence. Maybe they didn't know where it came from.

I've had the pleasure of watching some video seemingly completely unrelated to DBZ and suddenly hear my music from the show in it. :)
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Once I was on vacation at a hotel and they had a wallpaper decorated with what I think were supposed to be beach balls, yet they were orange and had darker orange stars in them...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:43 am

While back I was at the gym and heard someone say they were doing "Super Sets" and I was like "Super Saiyan sets are better"...we're now gym buddies and lift together almost every day :thumbup:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Back when I had time to exercise it was shocking a lot of people my aged cosplayed while working out! So I ended up doing a one hand push up in my orange gi for about an hour each hand, eventually said frick it and ran on the treadmill for a few hours with serpentine's road ironed into my thoughts.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:55 pm

My little bro's teachers have a orange ball with a star on it. She let the students play with it(Roleplay and throwing) because they love DBz Kai

dodge2461
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodge2461 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:24 pm

My Science teacher did a powerpoint on Cells, and at the beginning had a picture of Cell.

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 pm

I work in a thrift store and have seen numerous DB items pop up: a bunch of GT DVD singles, the U.S. Ultimate Battle 22, various t-shirts, a weird little Gohan figure with spinning ki blast, an unopened Master Roshi figurine that fit in a big hoi poi capsule, and an AMAZING Super Saiyan Goku figure. It was probably about 8 inches tall, well sculpted, and had pretty good articulation.

I wanted those GT DVDs SO bad, but I can't buy from my store.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Pretorious wrote:I work in a thrift store and have seen numerous DB items pop up: a bunch of GT DVD singles, the U.S. Ultimate Battle 22, various t-shirts, a weird little Gohan figure with spinning ki blast, an unopened Master Roshi figurine that fit in a big hoi poi capsule, and an AMAZING Super Saiyan Goku figure. It was probably about 8 inches tall, well sculpted, and had pretty good articulation.

You could have txt'd someone and asked them to come and buy it, then pay them later.

chaosyoshimage
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaosyoshimage » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Pretorious wrote:I work in a thrift store and have seen numerous DB items pop up: a bunch of GT DVD singles, the U.S. Ultimate Battle 22, various t-shirts, a weird little Gohan figure with spinning ki blast, an unopened Master Roshi figurine that fit in a big hoi poi capsule, and an AMAZING Super Saiyan Goku figure. It was probably about 8 inches tall, well sculpted, and had pretty good articulation.

I hunt through thrift stores and the like all the time. I got about half of my movie DVD's (The 4:3 ones) for about $3 at them and even found the "Parts 3 & 4" Walmart release of Kai for $10 back when it was new. I've also found lots of old US-style floppy comics. I rarely find figures surprisingly. I still see single volumes of DVD's and VHS from time to time. The place I got the movies from also had almost, if not all of the GT DVD's and some Z episodes. They almost cut me a deal on all of them, but I decided I just wanted the movies (And the Bardock special).

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:04 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:You could have txt'd someone and asked them to come and buy it, then pay them later.
I thought about that, but decided to be boring and play by the rules :|
chaosyoshimage wrote:I've also found lots of old US-style floppy comics.
I think the thrift stores you go to are better than the one I work at. Our store throws away floppy comics. It drives me crazy. Also, we can't negotiate prices at my store, even if stuff is bought in bulk. Those Kai DVDs were a great find, by the way.

chaosyoshimage
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaosyoshimage » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:15 pm

chaosyoshimage wrote:I've also found lots of old US-style floppy comics.
I think the thrift stores you go to are better than the one I work at. Our store throws away floppy comics. It drives me crazy. Also, we can't negotiate prices at my store, even if stuff is bought in bulk. Those Kai DVDs were a great find, by the way.[/quote]

Ew, it's bad enough they won't let you buy things from the store if you work there, but throwing away stuff like that seems wasteful. I just bought like 200 floppies (Of non-Dragon Ball comics) last week from one. Wish I'd have negotiated prices on those though...

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 am

This was in the textbook for my University Japanese course.

Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 am

Big Momma wrote:This was in the textbook for my University Japanese course.

Hahah that rocks! Is it ok if I post this photo to my facebook?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:32 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:
*snip*
Hahah that rocks! Is it ok if I post this photo to my facebook?
I don't see why not, go ahead.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:15 pm

What's the name of that book and do you recommend it to other people studying Japanese?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Jord wrote:
What's the name of that book and do you recommend it to other people studying Japanese?
It's from the Nakama series (Specifically Nakama 2). It's pretty good, just your standard text book. If you're serious enough to learn straight from a textbook then I recommend it.

And I also recommend Namasensei. =P