Viz's Print Edition of the "Full Colour Comics" Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Re: Viz's Print Edition of the "Full Colour Comics" Discussi

Post by jrdemr » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:54 am

Drat. As expected. It takes quite a while for Viz to actually launch the titles it announces. No less than 7 months but no more than 10.

Oh well. At least now we know they're coming out instead of being reduced to blind speculation.
Last edited by jrdemr on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:28 pm

I also asked Viz how many they've licensed - and they've said there will be 5 - which is the entire Freeza Arc, so they are doing an Arc at a time from the looks of it.

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 pm

Shit.

Just what I was afraid of.

So even if the volumes sell well, we'll still have to wait a while for the rest.

Oh well. All we can do is support the release and hopefully they'll keep it going.

Though at this rate, it'll be 2020 before we can get our hands on the final volume. :problem:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:34 pm

That just proves they never planned to release 3 volumes every year, or they just had gave up on this release.

The quality is amazing but that's just means is not cheap for them. I still think the main reason we are getting the next arc so late is because the saiyan arc didn't sell so much as they were expecting, and they were asking themselves if it was worth to continue. Fortunately, some hardcore fans wouldn't stop asking for more *cough* :P *cough* in their social media, so they saw there's still market and decided to continue to get more money.

I wish there more people in this fanbase suporting the manga instead of just buying any dvds rehash that Funimation releases.

May 2016 is far away. Really too far.... But better late than never.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:43 pm

YES~~!! I'm so freakin' excited! :D
I really hope this continues till the end and then we get the same treatment for the BEGINNING of Dragon Ball. :3
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:48 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Viz just told me on twitter the next edition will release May 2016.
Well that is a relief. I have already spent too much on DragonBall this year :P

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:11 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Viz just told me on twitter the next edition will release May 2016.
And so the wait begins....

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:17 am

Man, May 2016? That's too far off a wait. at this rate it'll be 2018 before they even announce the Cell saga

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:40 am

So, do you guys think there is ANYTHING we can do to at least get Viz to fix Mr. Satan's name for a potential Full Color Android and Buu arc release? I feel like the only way we may be successful with it is if we ask them now, since if we were to do it once they announce the Android volumes, it could possibly be too late.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:54 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:YES~~!! I'm so freakin' excited! :D
I really hope this continues till the end and then we get the same treatment for the BEGINNING of Dragon Ball. :3
Its not impossible. But we have to wait until 2025 to get everything.

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:09 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:The quality is amazing but that's just means is not cheap for them. I still think the main reason we are getting the next arc so late is because the saiyan arc didn't sell so much as they were expecting, and they were asking themselves if it was worth to continue. Fortunately, some hardcore fans wouldn't stop asking for more *cough* :P *cough* in their social media, so they saw there's still market and decided to continue to get more money.

I wish there more people in this fanbase suporting the manga instead of just buying any dvds rehash that Funimation releases.
If bugging them was all it took, they would have continued Gintama and Reborn long ago (there are at least 4 times as many people asking them for those two series than there were people asking them for the Full Colors). Kuroko's Basket also has a lot of fan demand but they still won't publish it.

The thing is, they don't publish series based on fan demand - they publish them based on their sales reports. If the Full Color edition was picked back up, then that means it sold well enough. Simple as that. Therefore, all we have to do, as I said before, is support the release and hopefully they'll decide to continue.
FortuneSSJ wrote:
linkdude20002001 wrote:YES~~!! I'm so freakin' excited! :D
Its not impossible. But we have to wait until 2025 to get everything.
And before we can even have any hope of having those chapters in print form, we still have to wait for Japan to print them first. It's highly unlikely that Viz would print something not even Shuueisha did.

Not holding out much hope that they will, though. Shuueisha's already colored a lot of series, both old and new, but only Dragon Ball got the print treatment - and not even all of it. Seems they're not too fond of print color editions (see my signature for my personal rant about the subject).

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 am

I would really love to have the the entire series in full color printed. But if we only get Z, its already cool.
As far money and Dragon Ball goes, this full color mangas are the only thing i find worhty to spend my money on it, these days.

And there's these Dragon Ball fan that is doing an amazing job updating the original black/white manga version. I can't thank him enough.
The shitty scans on internet are finally disappearing and getting upgraded with the greatest quality that the most famous Toriyama work deserves.

So if Viz doesn't print DB full color, oh well live goes on.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:26 pm

which ending does the full colors have?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:40 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:which ending does the full colors have?
The Full Color release uses the Kanzenban ending.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:42 pm

awesome! I have 500 points from CD japan and debating what to do. Should I wait for Viz to release it? It would be cool to have both endings

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:01 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:awesome! I have 500 points from CD japan and debating what to do. Should I wait for Viz to release it? It would be cool to have both endings
The japanese release is normal manga size. Viz's release is much bigger, so that might be very relevant.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:50 am

I wonder what is taking them so long to release these volumes in English. Shueisha owns VIZ, so it's not a licensing issue. We should start a petition for them to release all volumes, maybe they don't think there is enough interest.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:58 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:I wonder what is taking them so long to release these volumes in English. Shueisha owns VIZ, so it's not a licensing issue. We should start a petition for them to release all volumes, maybe they don't think there is enough interest.
They are licensing by Arc. All 5 of Frieza have been confirmed, so I have no doubt they'll sell enough for them to continue with Cell and Buu.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:29 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:I wonder what is taking them so long to release these volumes in English. Shueisha owns VIZ, so it's not a licensing issue. We should start a petition for them to release all volumes, maybe they don't think there is enough interest.
They are licensing by Arc. All 5 of Freeza have been confirmed, so I have no doubt they'll sell enough for them to continue with Cell and Buu.
Doesn't Shueisha own VIZ? They wouldn't need to license their own product to themselves.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Just Pre-Ordered from UK book site, Wordery - cheapest I've found so far.

1st Issue of the Freeza Arc:

https://wordery.com/dragon-ball-full-co ... 1421585710