Viz's Print Edition of the "Full Colour Comics" Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Viz's Print Edition of the "Full Colour Comics" Discussion

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:18 am

Bruma rabu wrote:I don't know if this means anything but i just checked the viz site and they have Freeza arc Volume 5 listed as Final Volume.
If they didn't list that under the Saiyan arc's 3rd volume then it's probably cancelled.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am

Bruma rabu wrote:I don't know if this means anything but i just checked the viz site and they have Freeza arc Volume 5 listed as Final Volume.
It doesnt mean anything more than it being the final volume of the Freeza arc. They did the same with the Saiyan arc

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:44 pm

mute_proxy wrote:It doesnt mean anything more than it being the final volume of the Freeza arc. They did the same with the Saiyan arc
The reason i bring it up is because the saiyan arc doesn't have it anymore nor does any other series for that matter. I looked around their site checking if any other series had "Final Volume" and the only other one too have it is "Dragon Ball (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 14". But I hope your right.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:It doesnt mean anything more than it being the final volume of the Freeza arc. They did the same with the Saiyan arc
The reason i bring it up is because the saiyan arc doesn't have it anymore nor does any other series for that matter. I looked around their site checking if any other series had "Final Volume" and the only other one too have it is "Dragon Ball (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 14". But I hope your right.
If you looked at their calendar for June 2014 (not available anymore, for obvious reasons), at the time, they indeed listed Saiyan arc volume 3 as being the final volume.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:40 pm

They're, basically, working in 2-year intervals for the full color manga translation releases, aren't they? The Saiyan Saga was released in 2014, then the Freeza Saga in 2016, so it stands to reason that the Android/Artificial Humans Saga will begin some time early next year.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Except that, unlike those two times, there was an announcement at Anime Expo. That didn't happen this time.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:56 pm

omegalucas wrote:Except that, unlike those two times, there was an announcement at Anime Expo. That didn't happen this time.
The last volume of Freeza arc was released this year though. Following their pattern the announcement of Cell arc would only be made next year.
If next year they don't announce anything, then it's Game Over.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:01 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
omegalucas wrote:Except that, unlike those two times, there was an announcement at Anime Expo. That didn't happen this time.
The last volume of Freeza arc was released this year though. Following their pattern the announcement of Cell arc would only be made next year.
If next year they don't announce anything, then It will be Game Over.
Last time was a bit different. The Saiyan arc ended in June while AX was in the beginning of July. One could say thay didn't have enough time to gauge sales, so they left the Freeza arc's announcement for next year (2015). This time around, though... The last Freeza arc volume came out in January. They've had close to half a year to make a decision.

I'm not saying it's not possible that they just wanted a bit more time... but this time around, it's a little less likely.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 pm

jrdemr wrote: Last time was a bit different. The Saiyan arc ended in June while AX was in the beginning of July. One could say thay didn't have enough time to gauge sales, so they left the Freeza arc's announcement for next year (2015). This time around, though... The last Freeza arc volume came out in January. They've had close to half a year to make a decision.
Freeza arc has 5 volumes and Saiyan arc has 3. Cell arc has 6 volumes.
The gorgeous quality of this release means it mustn't be cheap for them and Viz is also known for being slow. When you look to the full picture, the lack of news is not strange.

We will all die before they release everything though.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:34 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:We will all die before they release everything though.
Not all of us are in our 90's like you. If we were talking about a One Piece full color release at this speed that would be different.

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:57 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Freeza arc has 5 volumes and Saiyan arc has 3. Cell arc has 6 volumes.
The gorgeous quality of this release means it mustn't be cheap for them and Viz is also known for being slow. When you look to the full picture, the lack of news is not strange.
Hmm... maybe. I would say 6 months are still more than enough time to decide on a continuation, but let's see. I mean, I certainly hope you're right... but I don't really have much hope right now.
FortuneSSJ wrote: We will all die before they release everything though.
Yeah, at this pace, I'll have my third grandchild before they'll be finished.
sintzu wrote: Not all of us are in our 90's like you. If we were talking about a One Piece full color release at this speed that would be different.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hyperbole

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:25 am

I know, I was doing the same thing. Next time I'll use a smily face to help point it out :mrgreen: .

Android 50
Beyond Newbie

Post by Android 50 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:52 pm

They are moving way too slow for my patience. I ended up caving in and downloading the japanese volumes a few months back I would prefer owning physical copies and supporting the series though.
Maron is stacked!!

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:50 am

Android 50 wrote:They are moving way too slow for my patience. I ended up caving in and downloading the Japanese volumes a few months back I would prefer owning physical copies and supporting the series though.
And you will, once Viz gets them out.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

CarlosAlba87

Post by CarlosAlba87 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:28 am

I´ve asked Viz one again about the release of new arc and they replied the same:
"Hi,

Thanks for writing in again with your suggestion and showing interest! While we do not have any news regarding further Dragon Ball Full Color releases at this time, we're always looking to see what our fans want, so your message will be sent to our team to review. For any new title/series acquisitions, our social media pages and blog will be the best place to find the news:"

Maybe we all should write them to let them see the support for those books.....

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

CarlosAlba87 wrote:Maybe we all should write them to let them see the support for those books.....
The only thing they're going to look at are sales numbers and if they're not there then it's going to be hard for them to justify releasing more of these.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:59 am

Great news, guys!!!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:11 am

MrKaytos wrote:Great news, guys!!!!

This is great news. :clap: I hope this'll eventually cover the original DB and not just the Z part.

jrdemr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jrdemr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Huh.

Well, it certainly doesn't seem like your typical noncommittal answer, so... yay, I guess?...

After checking out the original tweet, this is how the entire conversation went:

I mean, they could've easily swept the mention under the rug and ignore it... but they purposefully came out and said more "information will come later about continuing Dragon Ball Full Color.". So I guess maybe this is reason to have some hope.

But if they are indeed planning on continuing... for God's sakes, Viz, this is way too slow a publishing schedule. Japan published 32 volumes in 3 years - with a year's break in-between. It's not like you've even been retranslating the goddamn thing (I mean, if you want to take the time to indeed re-translate the whole thing, by all means... God know it could use it). But as long as you don't want to re-translate it, then at least speed it up a little. My money's right here waiting for you to take it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 pm

That's hilarious!
I wasn't expecting they would let the cat out of the bag like that. I will play that game too next time.