If you were a billionaire (DB related)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

If you were a billionaire (DB related)

Post by NitroEX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:06 pm

So let's say hypothetically you end up with endless amounts of money to spend and the way you want to spend it is by doing something with the Dragon Ball franchise. What would you do?

As for me personally I'de pour money into crafting the perfect DBZ video game that fans worldwide would be proud of. I'de spare no expense and hire the best American and Japanese development studios to collaborate and get each part of the game just right. It would have amazing story and online modes, character creator, deep fighting system etc as well as having a level of real time destruction and ki effects that would basically make your jaw drop. If possible I'de also include as many language tracks as possible to appeal to everyone and even a few bonus ones (So for example English players could unlock both Funi & Ocean voices for each character and as an easter egg maybe even voices from Team four star or hell, even Big Green too :lol:) You'de be able to personally customise a character with any voice you wanted so you could end up with Piccolo (Ocean) with Goku (Japanese) vs Freeza (TFS) and Cell (Funi) as a totally random example.

Anyway you get the idea, so what would you do? It doesn't have to be game related, can be anything.
Last edited by NitroEX on Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: If you were a millionaire (DB related)

Post by Quebaz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I just want a DVD release of the series plus movies in my own language.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Not if I was a millionaire, but if I was insanely rich enough to be able to afford it, (say a 100-millionaire), I'd want to fund a truer-to-the-manga remake of the anime, DB and DBZ as a single series, with modern animation and a new orchestral score. It would have a few tweaks like better foreshadowing of things that weren't really planned ahead, and some of the filler that isn't really filler but just adds colour to the existing story (like Goku's hallucinations in his fight with Freeza, which were kept in Kai). I'd want to ask Toriyama if there's anything he'd like to tweak or insert, now that he can view the story as a whole.

If I was just a millionaire, I don't even know what I could do with that. Subsidise a continuation of the Levels sets?

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:46 pm

I'd hire Dimps to make a high-budget Budokai 4 with all the characters from all the previous Budokais and more GT and DB included as well as characters from BoG. The gameplay would be all the best elements from the other Budokais with lots of new additions made to keep it fresh. I'd also have Dragon Rush as an option that could be turned on or off. The story mode would feature lots of detailed cutscenes with some IW-style minigames here and there as well as free-roam between fights like a sandbox game.

Or they could make it interesting and do a new Budokai trilogy aka Budokai 4, 5 and 6. They would each have 2 years of development. Budokai 4 would follow the regular story. Budokai 5 would follow the movie timeline and change it in a way that all the movies could co-exist with each other in an alternate universe. Budokai 6 would have its own original story with its own original saga and villains to fight against. And each new instalment would obviously have to be unique so that it doesn't get made redundant by its sequel(BT trilogy I'm looking at you).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:18 pm

BOG sequel, bigger budget for 2D animators, Gokû's ssjg gets a visable transformation sequence. (could be a gag or serious). More Beers. Toriyama involvement.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: If you were a billionaire (DB related)

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Buy 3809821230 different Vegeta figures and make one room a Vegeta shrine... and Battle of Z.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm not even kidding (or being cute) when I say I would get a team of great freelance animators to create an hour worth of DB erotica. I literally dream of this, it would throw that bs Dragon Moon Ballz XXX hentai (or whatever it was called) out of the water. Pro voice actors, entertaining story, and most importantly it will be true to the source material... er... well, as true as a story could be about DB characters boinking.

Also, I would donate a lot more to the site.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:44 pm

Scarz wrote:I'm not even kidding (or being cute) when I say I would get a team of great freelance animators to create an hour worth of DB erotica. I literally dream of this, it would throw that bs Dragon Moon Ballz XXX hentai (or whatever it was called) out of the water. Pro voice actors, entertaining story, and most importantly it will be true to the source material... er... well, as true as a story could be about DB characters boinking.

Also, I would donate a lot more to the site.

I'm afraid I cant let you do that Scarz.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd get TeamFourStar to do a production of Death of a Salesman as their DBZ Abridged characters.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Black_Anime_Fan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Black_Anime_Fan » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Fizzer wrote:Not if I was a millionaire, but if I was insanely rich enough to be able to afford it, (say a 100-millionaire), I'd want to fund a truer-to-the-manga remake of the anime, DB and DBZ as a single series, with modern animation and a new orchestral score. It would have a few tweaks like better foreshadowing of things that weren't really planned ahead, and some of the filler that isn't really filler but just adds colour to the existing story (like Goku's hallucinations in his fight with Freeza, which were kept in Kai). I'd want to ask Toriyama if there's anything he'd like to tweak or insert, now that he can view the story as a whole.

If I was just a millionaire, I don't even know what I could do with that. Subsidise a continuation of the Levels sets?
This.
Quebaz wrote:I just want a DVD release of the series plus movies in my own language.
Don't you think we've had enough DVDs?
Goku wrote:You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!
DBZ ended after the Frieza Saga.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Foot the budget to convince Toei/Toriyama that it's worthwhile to start doing some character-study pieces in the form of yearly TV specials, much like the Lupin III franchise has been doing for years (on the yearly special thing, not so much the character study).

Would probably also see about securing some rights or getting gears moving on a reboot of Dragon Ball in live-action, with myself as the scenario writer, while also pulling people with the proper resources in as well to make sure it all comes out right.

...I get the feeling that I'm severely overrating how far only one billion dollars would get me with either of these plans. I wouldn't know though. I is poor.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:22 pm

If I had that kinda cash, I'd see about financing a DB-DC movie with either the style of Public Enemies or Crisis on Two Earths. Mainly Goku and company interacting with Superman and them teaming up to fight the evil Superboy Prime. Ending with a Spirit Bomb gathered with energy donated by Ma and Pa Kent, the Planet Staff, Gotham PD, Alfred, Batman and co., many of the other League members and big heroes, and the entire Lantern Corps putting everything they can into it to ensure if takes Superboy Prime out. Starring the Funimation cast, Tim Daly, George Newbern and various others who've voiced DC characters if they speak or not.

DynasticHunter
Beyond Newbie

Post by DynasticHunter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 pm

First I would buy as much Dragon Ball collectors items as I feel fit and donate a bunch of money to Kanzenshuu and other sites. And then maybe produce an awesome fan dub of Dragon Ball, Z and GT.
steam: broccoili

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Buy the rights to every bit of music that's DB related from the Kikuchi and Faulconer score to the image songs and DVD menu themes and release remix after remix. Oh and I would sample some tracks for hip hop beats.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:56 pm

I'd buy up every Dragon Box copy still floating around that I can find, so I can sell them to anyone who just wants a proper 4:3 release of the series instead of the cropped crap, for a reasonable price of course. :wink:
-Joey

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:58 pm

If I had a limitless money supply I'd buy Toei and Shueisha. I'd still let the people in charge run it, but I'd make sure that good international companies got the foreign language licenses to the series. I'd also pay Funi to create an improved English dub for the original series, Z, GT, movies, and other peripheral works and have them release it with the Dragon Box masters. I'd also take the broadcast audio masters of the Japanese version from fans who are willing to donate them and rerelease the Dragon Boxes/singles in Japan with that audio. I might also give Funi the audio masters, but I'd have to also think of something special for the Japanese release to prevent reverse importing. I would then have Viz release the Kanzenban and have them retranslate it. I'd also have them do the Daizenshuu. I'd also do a lot of things not related to Dragon Ball but still has to do with Toei (like tell Saban to do domestic Sentai releases), but that's another topic. If I have only a limited supply of money, though, I'd probably pay Toei for the Dragon Box masters for the whole series and get Funi to release them in addition to a Z Box reprint with the Falcouner music so everyone has their definitive version. Either that or get the Kanzenban over here with a good translation. I dunno. Being rich actually seems kinda boring to me. You hardly ever have to work for anything, and that would get dull really quick for me.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Pay Namco Bandai to spend 3-4 years making an in depth DBZ fighting game with polish and characters that stand out game play wise.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:13 pm

I'd probably do a modern TV series with big production values an a focus on animators. That kind of goes without saying, though. :P

First and foremost I would do a big series of documentaries with the cast. Nozawa and the other veterans aren't getting any younger, after all, and I really would like to see their stories written for archival purposes.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Black_Anime_Fan wrote:
Quebaz wrote:I just want a DVD release of the series plus movies in my own language.
Don't you think we've had enough DVDs?
Quebaz is in Portugal not USA don't think Portugal had that many dvds.

I would pay Japan to send Zenkai Battle Royal and DB heroes to AMERICA!

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:25 am

TheGmGoken wrote: Quebaz is in Portugal not USA don't think Portugal had that many dvds.

I would pay Japan to send Zenkai Battle Royal and DB heroes to AMERICA!
Heck, we only had a censored DVD release of Dragon Ball (that contained several Spanish languages) and the first 9 Z Movies, nothing more than that.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr