To sell my Dragon Boxes or not?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

To sell my Dragon Boxes or not?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Unfortunately, I need the money and have been debating selling my
Dragon Boxes (us) 1,3,5,6,7 as well as my Dragon Box the movies. All like new minus box one which has some ware but all the discs works and 5/6 are like new.

But it's rather hard to decide if I should sell them because I know how hard it is to get them back. I thought about collecting the singles but price wise it'll probably cost just as much!

Whacha guys think? xD It's a reaaaly hard decision

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: To sell my Dragon Boxes or not?

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Bro if you can keep your stuff you should definitely keep them. like you said, It's just going to be harder to get them back later on. I'd rather take a good beating than get rid of my Dragonball stuff :lol: It'd have to be an absolute emergency before I'd sell my stuff. lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 pm

What's the particular reason (if it isn't too private) that money is so tight to make you sell that stuff? I definitely would not sell any of that if you possibly can. Why work so hard to acquire it all if it's just going to be gone? Unless you are becoming one with the world, or something non-materialistic like that. :P
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:58 pm

What's the reason if it's not too personal to ask?

I know that getting a job's tough but there's always those who're willing to hire temps for a short while so wouldn't this work out? Heck, you'd be getting $400-$500 for the entire Dragon Box Z 1-7 boxes so you'd make that in two to three weeks' time.

Despite that I dislike the packaging, 'cause it feels like an official-bootleg in its own way it looks cool and comes with booklets, though the discs themselves lack the extras/specials that the R2Js had.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:18 pm

A few months ago I got and English teaching job in Japan and the day after I booked my flight, I got a call that a family member had became extremely ill and I not only had to decline the job (as I decided it's better to stay with my family during this time) but I also had to cancel my flight. I bought insurance but ended up not getting a refund because I was not in the company for 3 years..

So now I'm short a bunch of money and not enough to go to Japan (luckily, the company is waiting on when I can come back) but I'll have to redo my visa again and such....

I'll check the temp stuff out. I applied to some places and never got a word back, they literately are understaffed too...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Go ahead sell them because as it seems you definitely need a lot for it, and the R2J Dragon Boxes are a lot better so you're not losing much either way.

The games that I've been purchasing along the years feel like a part of me and if I were to sell them it'd make me feel quite upset but given what the cause would be, I'd just have to because I loathe loans and have not applied for one nor do I hope to ever.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Go ahead sell them because as it seems you definitely need a lot for it, and the R2J Dragon Boxes are a lot better so you're not losing much either way.

The games that I've been purchasing along the years feel like a part of me and if I were to sell them it'd make me feel quite upset but given what the cause would be, I'd just have to because I loathe loans and have not applied for one nor do I hope to ever.
I hear ya, I planned on keeping these but between the Japanese boxes/singles being a tad better and the episodes being Free on Anime Daisuki I don't think I will go through Dbox withdrawal lol.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Don't do it, there must be other opportunities, you'll regret for this, it will be veeeery difficult to have them again in a future.
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:02 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Unfortunately, I need the money and have been debating selling my
Dragon Boxes (us) 1,3,5,6,7 as well as my Dragon Box the movies. All like new minus box one which has some ware but all the discs works and 5/6 are like new.

But it's rather hard to decide if I should sell them because I know how hard it is to get them back. I thought about collecting the singles but price wise it'll probably cost just as much!

Here's a step-by-step guide:

1). Upload the Dragon Boxes onto your computer.

2). Sell them to a desperate fan.

3). Save your money.

4). Splurge on Vintage Hi-Fi.

:thumbup:
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:45 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:Unfortunately, I need the money and have been debating selling my

3). Save your money.

I think I bought the Movie boxes from you :lol:
I have the movies up now...but I'm wondering if I should do a lot like

Dragon Box 1,3,5,6,7 + Special selection DVD+The Movies

Starting bid .99?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
AnimeMaakuo wrote:

3). Save your money.

I think I bought the Movie boxes from you :lol:
I have the movies up now...but I'm wondering if I should do a lot like

Dragon Box 1,3,5,6,7 + Special selection DVD+The Movies

Starting bid .99?
My suggestion would be:

1). Dragon Box: The Movies - $150.00 bid.

2). Dragon Box 1,3,5,6,7 + Special Selection DVD - $150.00 bid.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Thats sounds good!

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:08 am

I think you won't be missing out in the long run. I'm sure well get a proper DBZ treatment and plus your going to Japan, they sell nothing but Dboxes right?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 am

I,d sell my kidney before my dragon boxes
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:43 am

How strapped for cash are you? You have to list the DBoxes, wait for someone to buy it, and to top it off, I don't think the cash infusion will last all that long. You are better off keeping them.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm

sintzu wrote:I,d sell my kidney before my dragon boxes
I'd think about selling mine as well first. LOL :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:50 pm

samuraix123 wrote:
I like your description of the boxes and orange bricks
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:59 pm

Dragon Box The movies are up:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221462845308?ss ... 1555.l2649

Kinda leaning towards not selling the Dbox as I've added some other items
http://www.ebay.com/sch/eledoremassis02 ... pg=&_from=

but I may put up the special selection DVD

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:
I like your description of the boxes and orange bricks
That's ringworms awesomeness :P
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Considering Eledoremassis is going to move to Japan it's really a no brainer to just sell the inferior US Dragon Box Z and then get the R2J Dragon Box Z which is far better and complete.

Also, aren't the R2J boxes more or less cheaper than the R1 boxes? I think so from what I've read.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray