Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Retan wrote:Can you show me some of those guys recent artwork so I can see for myself? I mean could it be where there working more recently on something more detail oriented, and Yamamuro's working on DBZ Character models or no?
I just remembered, Shida Naotoshi did a rendition of Yamamuro Tadayoshi's Wolverine character model for Disk Wars: Avengers Episode #16 (16 July 2014). Animation Supervisor Tate Naoki also did a take on Sabertooth and Iron Man for that episode. That gives you an idea of what a Yamamuro Tadayoshi character looks like when he is animated and then not corrected by Yamamuro Tadayoshi. Hell, Tate didn't even correct Shida Naotoshi's cuts!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:19 pm

DongHyun wrote:
kei17 wrote:Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEKBm8ARtG0
capture

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
soulnova wrote:So can we safely assume this new movie is set A YEAR after the previous one? Or, wait... Shen Long wasn't asked all the three wishes, right? They only used one wish to know about the SSjGod. Would that make the wait to just 4 months?
They have two wishes since the Majin Boo saga.
The wish to erase the memories of Buu was retconned in the 2008 Jump Special since the people of Earth know that Buu exist and they believe Mr. Satan won.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:36 pm

New image or rumor?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Image
New image or rumor?
I don't remember that being in BOG or the 2008 OVA so i think it's new,Maby the teaser was from a full trailer ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Teaser is short. Sad the GO kanji is gone. Shenlong looks good.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Thanks for the teaser video guys. :) It's a good time to be a Dragonball fan! :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Thanks for the teaser video guys. :) It's a good time to be a Dragonball fan! :D
It is a great time to be a Dragon Ball fan, very exicted with all of this teaser material as well. Brings back the young days of waiting "for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z !". Plenty of hype to go around. :D

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:
soulnova wrote:So can we safely assume this new movie is set A YEAR after the previous one? Or, wait... Shen Long wasn't asked all the three wishes, right? They only used one wish to know about the SSjGod. Would that make the wait to just 4 months?
They have two wishes since the Majin Boo saga.
The wish to erase the memories of Buu was retconned in the 2008 Jump Special since the people of Earth know that Buu exist and they believe Mr. Satan won.
I don't understand how the fact that they have two wishes everytime they summon the dragon since the beginning of the Majin Boo arc - and therefore likely in Battle of Gods - is linked to the fact that the wish to erase memories of Boo has been retconned. Could you clarify that for me, please?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:08 pm

What's Shen Long saying? Sounds familiar so I assume it's just the typical 'I'll grant you x wish' spiel we're used to.

I didn't have a huge issue with the character designs in Battle of Gods so I'm not that fussed. I just hope the animation is consistent.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm not sure though if I'll do this movie the way I did Battle of Gods and order a limited edition box set.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:14 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I'm not sure though if I'll do this movie the way I did Battle of Gods and order a limited edition box set.
I will certainly order the English Battle of Gods home release when it comes out for DVD. As well as the sequel looking further forward in time.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:15 pm

No Kanji symbol. Bummer. Guess Goku got multiple types of Gis . Some with and some without. Hopefully Goten in the movie or least Gotenks.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Careless Saiyajin wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:I'm not sure though if I'll do this movie the way I did Battle of Gods and order a limited edition box set.
I will certainly order the English Battle of Gods home release when it comes out for DVD. As well as the sequel looking further forward in time.
I will as well. I was just meaning ordering a collectors box from Japan. :P This time I'll probably wait until Funimation gets it released over here.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:or least Gotenks.
Hopefully doing more than just getting spanked! :lol: As much as I love that scene in Battle of Gods, it would just be nice in general for the fights to be less Goku-centric.

A guy can dream, eh?
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:34 pm

DongHyun wrote:
DongHyun wrote:
kei17 wrote:Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEKBm8ARtG0
capture
Cool screenshots and I'd honestly like to be as excited as the rest of you but why should I? Because it's a new Dragon Ball Z film?

I hope it doesn't come out as rude to be asking this but since the beginning I wasn't the slightest hyped for this.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Cool screenshots and I'd honestly like to be as excited as the rest of you but why should I? Because it's a new Dragon Ball Z film?

I hope it doesn't come out as rude to be asking this but since the beginning I wasn't the slightest hyped for this.[/quote]

Cause you kick it old school? :lol:

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Cold Skin wrote:I don't understand how the fact that they have two wishes everytime they summon the dragon since the beginning of the Majin Boo arc - and therefore likely in Battle of Gods - is linked to the fact that the wish to erase memories of Boo has been retconned. Could you clarify that for me, please?
Shenlong can grant three wishes by the end of the Cell arc. But he's limited in such a way that if one of your wishes is to revive a large number of people (say the population of the Earth), you will only get 2 wishes. That's why he awakens and grants 3 in the beginning of the Majin Boo arc, but then the wishes remaining he can grant is 1 at the end of the Boo arc (which Piccolo had to correct Goku about since he thought they still had 2) because they used up 2 to revive all the good people the day of the Tenkaichi Budokai.

Even though Goku originally said it will take 4 months for Shenlong to revive, which mathematically made sense as 12/3=4, but Goku assumed one wish was used. It should really take about 8 months. Strangely he and the Narrator say that Boo would have to be kept out of public sight for 6 months so that the wish could be made for everyone to forget who he was.

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Post by VyeRo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Can anyone understand what Shenlong is saying? That should give us a clue, right?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Near as I can tell there's nothing interesting in Shenlong's dialog. Generic stuff he always says when summoned.

Again, with these types of initial teasers, there's generally nothing there of any real interest in terms of clues. It's just there for you to go "OOOHH MAAAAH GOOOOODS NEW MOOOOOVIIIEEEEE!" I understand the excitement, but there's no need to go looking for things when there's nothing there :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::