Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:27 pm

The year limit is only ever mentioned in regards to reviving a large group of people.

General consensus is, I believe, that any individual could be revived so long as their soul had not already been reincarnated. Though, we'll have to wait and see what happens anyway.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Big Momma wrote:If this movie is supposed to have more focus on Vegeta, I have the feeling he will be the one to make the wish.
I have a feeling thatif focus does go on Vegeta, the wish will divide Goku and him up to handle seperate aspects of what it created. Maybe Vegeta fights the new bad guy in an alternate dimension while Goku is on Earth protecting the humans with Gohan and Piccolo. Or Goku and co are in another dimension looking for something where as Vegeta has to protect the Earth.
Retan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:A revive? Not sure about my thoughts on it, but given the db's limits, I guess it makes more sense for the despair top be more the villain's powers than the wish.
It'd be great if it were that reality warper ala Janemba, but more dialogue (more cerebral?).
Maybe a new character from one of the other twelve universes, and he want's someone powerful to come back, after he heard of the dragonballs. And this powerful character was on a quest to conquer the other universes until he mysteriously died.
Anyway that's my guess for the day (What is that my 10th :think: )?
I'm guessing the wish Goku made was to revive this evil figure and he turns the world into an apocalypse. Or it could go into Mortal Kombat Armageddon's route. That would be badass right there. Revive all the old villains but they all fight each other like zombies rather than fight Goku.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:35 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The year limit is only ever mentioned in regards to reviving a large group of people.

General consensus is, I believe, that anyone single individual could be revived so long as their soul had not already been reincarnated. Though, we'll have to wait and see what happens anyway.
Ah right thanks for clearing that up. And I wish it was as simple as waiting to see what happens, but I can already see the youtube videos titled 'DBZ BATTLE OF GOD 2 2015 NEWS: FIRST SUPER SAIYAN GOD REVIVED USING DRAGONBALLS IN NEW TRAILER' along with a poorly potatoshopped image of SSJ4 Vegeta in SSJG colouring.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Apocalypse

Now I'm picturing a Walking Dead scenario where Gokû and Vegeta fight zombies. O_O;;

I think I'd still watch that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:45 pm

I will LOL if the revived guy turns out to be Broly and he's been canon the whole time. HAHA!! XD

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:45 pm

I don't know why people are thinking Broli. People forget that AT is working on the movie, I highly doubt he is going to be in the movie. Charles Manson will be out of jail alive before Broli ever comes back in another movie.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:49 pm

hulkty wrote:I will LOL if the revived guy turns out to be Broly and he's been canon the whole time. HAHA!! XD
Well DB really doesn't have much of a defined canon so anything is free-game I say.

Regardless Broly coming back wouldn't do anything. That's why I'm expecting it's a new, unknown terror that's more powerful than anything Goku's faced thus-far.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 pm

I'm going to say the same thing here that I've been saying everywhere else. I REALLY doubt this is about Broli. Broli hasn't been in a Toriyama work, but he did design him. So even if it does somehow, magically turn out to be Broli it almost certainly wouldn't be the Broli we've had previously. Same as Minus Bardock wasn't the Bardock from Toei's TV Special.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

I see they reused a few seconds of BOG animation. :P

Hmmm, I can't help but wonder if this is another misleading trailer (like the first BOG teaser) or if we're in for a genuinely epic film this time around.

Either way, my excitement levels are through the roof. The shiny font, the ominous text, the epic music; I literally can't stop replaying these 44 seconds over and over. That logo is freakin' nice. :shock:

On the whole, "There’s someone I want you to revive", I like that they're already throwing out a mystery for us fans speculate over, even though the film is still ages away. We know virtually nothing about the film right now, story-wise, apart from this little tidbit. It's so little, but at the same time it feels like so much. Really adds to the hype surrounding the film in these early stages.

As for theories, um, I'm tempted to think that this will be a whole new character that has some of connection to an existing character and their past. Or maybe Kaio? :P

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:40 am

Mewzard wrote:Goku: *reading the Bible* Ooh, he sounds fun to fight! I'll wish this Santa guy or whatever his name is here!

Krillin: NO GOKU! THIS IS THE WORST IDEA EVER!

Goku: But you're Jewish, why do you care?

Krillin: ...Buddhist Goku...and it's still a bad idea!
:lol: That is brilliant.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Hmmm, I can't help but wonder if this is another misleading trailer (like the first BOG teaser) or if we're in for a genuinely epic film this time around.
Was the first BOG teaser really that misleading though? It didn't really show us anything but Goku standing on a mountain top and smirking, nothing to suggest anything at all about the film. This one however is already showing us some darker atmosphere (something Toriyama himself has even said to be more-so in this movie) and more teasing of what the 'worst wish' is. I think chances are, it's gonna fit pretty well with the finished film, though the actual animation may not be in the movie proper.

Anyway,so it's a wish to revive someone eh? That's a surprise, I wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure how to feel about it since I was hoping for something never before seen, but I'm still eager to find out where this leads. Just please, please, please do not be a previous villain unless there's something more to it than that, and dear god, do not be a Saiyan of any kind.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:56 am

I'm still holding out hope that this someone has a wide variety of powers the main cast hasn't encountered before.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:15 am

There’s someone I want you to revive
An ancient evil awakens! And he's more powerful than Majin Buu and Beerus combined! And even ancienter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:19 am

Toriyama design Broli over 20 years ago. I would be very surprise if Toriyama remembers him. Knowing Toriyama, he sticks with his own work and seems like to newer ideas. I personally want to see what new villain Toriyama can come up with.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 am

Daimakku wrote:
An ancient evil awakens! And he's more powerful than Majin Buu and Beerus combined! And even ancienter!
Lmao Probably.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:43 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Daimakku wrote:
Lmao Probably.
Good point, this whole concept more powerful, more destructive and MORE ANCIENT seems to be a trend!
Well Put i didn't think of that. haha :clap:

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 am

Its probably the case and whats funny is that everyone seems to be thinking that someone is gonna be brought back from the dead but the definition of "revive" also means to regain consciousness. So for all we know Shenlong could be releasing a seal thus "reviving" new threat guy.

Think about it, Babidi used the term "revive" quite a few times in reference to unsealing Boo so who knows. This person could've been around for eons but nobody new but Beerus and Whis.

EDIT: Maybe despair could mean that this new guy has the ability to manipulate the emotions of people and causes the Z team to turn on each other and as they're hatred grows for one another it adds to "the new guy's" power. Kinda like Janemba, Hatchiyack, Bebi and Garlic Jr. Also Possibly introducing something similar to the Sacred Water or something.

Toriyama and Co. are known to throw curve balls though so who knows lol :P
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:01 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:Its probably the case and whats funny is that everyone seems to be thinking that someone is gonna be brought back from the dead but the definition of "revive" also means to regain consciousness. So for all we know Shenlong could be releasing a seal thus "reviving" new threat guy.
Why are you talking about the definition of an English word though the trailer is in Japanese? "Ikikaeraseru" only refers to restoring someone to life.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 am

I mean, you can't expect everyone to know that lol. Just speculating like everybody else though.

The quote on the main site is translated to " I want you to revive someone" and thats pretty much where my train of thought came from.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:11 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:I mean, you can't expect everyone to know that lol. Just speculating like everybody else though.

The quote on the main site is translated to " I want you to revive someone" and thats pretty much where my train of thought came from.
It was a meaningless speculation from the beginning because it is basically the same as interpreting Jesus's teachings in multiple ways as you like solely on the basis of ambiguous English words in a translated Bible. Translations never perfectly correspond to the originals word by word. There is nothing meaningful in reading too much into each word in a translation out of context or without knowing the original language.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:00 am

Aren't a lot of Dragon Ball's tidbit quotes and certain pieces of dialogue pretty ambiguous though? I mean it's what leads to many of the debates people have on here. Up until you're responce to my initial post "revive" had multiple meanings in the context of the quote but now as you clarified it has one which means to bring the dead back to life. I was just tryna stir up the conversation a bit by coming at it from a different angle. I don't see the big what's the big deal.

And there are MANY debates amongst Christians about what certain quotes in the bible actually mean not everything is clear cut in that book. Let's not get into that though.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!