Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:23 pm

CashmanX wrote:Once the news cycle goes into full swing, there needs to be a sequel to this BOG ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvpaIVv-CfA :lol:
I was just talking about that ad earlier. :lol: I really want one with Cell whining about Freeza getting to be in both movies, and even getting to flat-out come back in this one.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
CashmanX wrote:Once the news cycle goes into full swing, there needs to be a sequel to this BOG ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvpaIVv-CfA :lol:
I was just talking about that ad earlier. :lol: I really want one with Cell whining about Freeza getting to be in both movies, and even getting to flat-out come back in this one.
Along with Babidi and the other Z villains cussing Frieza out. 8)
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm

That would be pretty great. Maybe even a joke about how Cell probably wishes he had Freeza's DNA from the film, now that he'll apparently be "god-tier".
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I forgot about that commercial. That was a wonderful commercial. X3 Much yes to giving it a sequel.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:Please, for the love of god Toriyama don't have Vegeta get his ass completely handed to him AGAIN!
He wouldn't be on the poster alongside Goku if that was going to happen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Poor Cell, always getting left out. :(
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:34 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:
Hope Gohan fanboys don't get all pissy when Vegeta is stronger and Gohan is at best 3rd.
If they got mad over what he did in BOG how mad you think they'll be when ends up saving the day and taking out frieza?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Future Trunks wasn't Goten levels of tiny when he was 13-14 years old.
With the timeline tampering, Future Trunks may not technically be the exact same genetic kid as present Trunks either. He may have gotten the same kinda genes Gohan did.

This is Toriyama we're talking about afterall. The same man who has Namekian enzymes for water and tails being a recessive trait. It wouldn't surprise me if he told us they weren't the same Trunks, be still are practically identical because of *insert pseudo-science here*. (Perhaps Vegeta hadn't obtained Super Saiyan by the time Future Trunks was conceived, while present Vegeta had? Seems Toriyama enough.)
Or maybe it's just an inconsistency/plot hole.

New idea. This movie should be really short and consist entirely of this:
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:44 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Oh god, I didn't know about this song. Now I understand the title.
I demand this to be the credits song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EM2fRGHuuc#t=84

Have you not seen DBZ Abridged. As soon as I heard it, I googled it and downloaded it. It's amazing. Not even into death, metal, rock... whatever it is.
Listened to this for the first time today.. Shit made me appreciate Freeza more now I'm more excited for the new flick lol.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:48 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:What if "Revival of F" is a title to throw you off and the real threat in this film is the return of Fangs the Vampire?

:shock:
That would be quite the shock indeed, since his name is Draculaman, with a "D".

Maybe he'll show up in One Piece instead? :P
Perhaps in exchange for Draculaman appearing in One Piece, Dragon Ball will have Franky as the titular "F" of this film? Suuuuuupeeer! :P

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 pm

sintzu wrote:
JamesOwnz wrote:Please, for the love of god Toriyama don't have Vegeta get his ass completely handed to him AGAIN!
He wouldn't be on the poster alongside Goku if that was going to happen.

I'm sure it will, he always does.. it brings him down a bit.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 pm

Stonefallow wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:The poster implies that Goku and Vegeta are gonna be the primary protagonists of the film
Having two characters in the center of the poster doesn't imply they are both protagonists. In BoGs Beerus and Goku were in the center of the poster and Beerus was an antagonist.
I suppose that's a valid point...if you want to deliberately ignore context. Goku and Beerus were fighting each other on the Battle of Gods poster. Vegeta and Goku are standing side by side with stern expressions. Not much of a comparison.
Stonefallow wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote: and Goku's already long realized that Freeza is completely beyond salvaging.
What exactly are you basing that on? The last time Freeza interacted with Goku, he spared his life again. That's just Goku's way. I don't see him killing a harmless Freeza right after he gets revived.
Goku flat out telling Trunks it was a dumb move to spare Frieza and that he was going to use Instant Transmission to get to him and kill him?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:To me Future Trunks and Gohan were human dominant hybrids and Goten and present Trunks were saiyan dominant.
This makes a lot of sense actually. Goten and Trunks seemed to enjoy fighting much more than Gohan ever did. Now on topic of the movie. I honestly thought the poster had Goten on it not Gohan. Makes sense as he grows his hair out. However that was thrown out the window as Trunks isnt on there. Unless Goten gets a boost of importance in the film.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:55 pm

I agree; Trunks' absence is the only thing keeping me from guessing Goten instead of Gohan.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 pm

bleed0range wrote:I'm betting that the hint at a new transformation is referring to Freeza. I bet he found a new form beyond his perfect form that allows him to keep up with even Beerus. I bet Beerus carches wind if this once he is revived and can't even defeat this new form. Maybe it's sort of like how Goku found SSJ3 in other world. I just hope it's something really good.
I am in support of this. Though now I have to wonder the route the movie will take in terms of depiction of hell. Pretty sure the manga mentions how only super cool dudes get to keep their body after death. Would be pretty funny to see Freeza as a cute li'l spirit cloud thing mumbling all this talk about revenge on Goku.

Seeing Goku in a new gi has to mean he's training under Whis. After figuring out that Whis is even stronger than Beerus, it'd make sense for Goku to insist on some training time. Hopefully that means some more explanation on that expanded god hierarchy that was mentioned for two seconds in the last movie.

One of the more major things I'm wondering about though: Just who is it that makes the wish to resurrect Freeza (gonna say it's Beerus since he seemed to be pretty curious when he found out he died)? Are we to assume that the teaser for the movie is to be taken literally and someone actually makes a wish to bring Freeza back? Or maybe Freeza somehow comes back to life by literally escaping hell (weirder things have happened in the series) and the plot makes mention of Freeza's race having made a wish on the dragonballs forever ago.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:02 am

---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:03 am

Yeah...your description of the plot had me wondering if you read the right summary. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:12 am

jjgp1112 wrote:
Stonefallow wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:The poster implies that Goku and Vegeta are gonna be the primary protagonists of the film
Having two characters in the center of the poster doesn't imply they are both protagonists. In BoGs Beerus and Goku were in the center of the poster and Beerus was an antagonist.
I suppose that's a valid point...if you want to deliberately ignore context. Goku and Beerus were fighting each other on the Battle of Gods poster. Vegeta and Goku are standing side by side with stern expressions. Not much of a comparison.
Stonefallow wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote: and Goku's already long realized that Freeza is completely beyond salvaging.
What exactly are you basing that on? The last time Freeza interacted with Goku, he spared his life again. That's just Goku's way. I don't see him killing a harmless Freeza right after he gets revived.

That is a good point about the fact that Goku and Beerus were fighting in their poster. The context definitely show Goku and Vegeta as allies. But that doesn't necessarily mean one can't be an antagonist. Keep in mind I'm calling him an antagonist not a villain. So I don't think the poster contradicts the theory. I also think the circumstances have changed by this point to where Goku wouldn't necessarily kill Freeza.

Goku flat out telling Trunks it was a dumb move to spare Freeza and that he was going to use Instant Transmission to get to him and kill him?
Last edited by Kroni_Hunter on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:14 am

DaemonCorps wrote:
bleed0range wrote:I'm betting that the hint at a new transformation is referring to Freeza. I bet he found a new form beyond his perfect form that allows him to keep up with even Beerus. I bet Beerus carches wind if this once he is revived and can't even defeat this new form. Maybe it's sort of like how Goku found SSJ3 in other world. I just hope it's something really good.
I am in support of this. Though now I have to wonder the route the movie will take in terms of depiction of hell. Pretty sure the manga mentions how only super cool dudes get to keep their body after death. Would be pretty funny to see Freeza as a cute li'l spirit cloud thing mumbling all this talk about revenge on Goku.

Seeing Goku in a new gi has to mean he's training under Whis. After figuring out that Whis is even stronger than Beerus, it'd make sense for Goku to insist on some training time. Hopefully that means some more explanation on that expanded god hierarchy that was mentioned for two seconds in the last movie.

One of the more major things I'm wondering about though: Just who is it that makes the wish to resurrect Freeza (gonna say it's Beerus since he seemed to be pretty curious when he found out he died)? Are we to assume that the teaser for the movie is to be taken literally and someone actually makes a wish to bring Freeza back? Or maybe Freeza somehow comes back to life by literally escaping hell (weirder things have happened in the series) and the plot makes mention of Freeza's race having made a wish on the dragonballs forever ago.
First transformation = 530k -> 1 million = 2x
Second transformation = 1 million -> 2 million = 2x
Third transformation = 2 million -> 120 million = 60x
Fourth transformation = 120 million -> ??? Over 9000x. Sounds legit.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:17 am

I really wanna see Freeza's reaction when he sees little Trunks for the first time.

It's gonna mindfuck him that the saiyan who killed him is now a little kid. :lol: