Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 am

Seeing Freeza cower in fear of said kid would be hilarious.

Yes, let's give Freeza god ki. Because, as we all know, gods were a big deal in the manga. Maybe if they perform the ritual correctly, he can almost rival Kaioshin! Oh wait, Kaioshin fused. Never mind. He could rival Piccolo, then. What an amazing threat! They might even need Goten to deal with him.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 am

singsing wrote:First transformation = 530k -> 1 million = 2x
Second transformation = 1 million -> 2 million = 2x
Third transformation = 2 million -> 120 million = 60x
Fourth transformation = 120 million -> ??? Over 9000x. Sounds legit.
Is it really any worse than Goku going from below Freeza in base, to being able to fight 70% power Beerus (which could arguably be above Vegetto, who could arguably be in the same tier as SS4)?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:21 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
singsing wrote:First transformation = 530k -> 1 million = 2x
Second transformation = 1 million -> 2 million = 2x
Third transformation = 2 million -> 120 million = 60x
Fourth transformation = 120 million -> ??? Over 9000x. Sounds legit.
Is it really any worse than Goku going from below Freeza in base, to being able to fight 70% power Beerus (which could arguably be above Vegetto, who could arguably be in the same tier as SS4)?
Well, in Goku's place, it was an unnatural powerup. From what I'm understanding, you guys are saying Freeza's going to come up with a new transformation that would power him up even more than the SSG ritual did to Goku, even though all of his transformations are natural and self made to restrict his own power. I don't understand how he just "finds a new form" unless it's also some magical unnatural form. If it's like his organic regular forms, hayell no, that'd make for a terrible plot.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:25 am

singsing wrote:Well, in Goku's place, it was an unnatural powerup. From what I'm understanding, you guys are saying Freeza's going to come up with a new transformation that would power him up even more than the SSG ritual did to Goku, even though all of his transformations are natural and self made to restrict his own power.
The new transformation, if it even goes to Freeza, could be a "Super" form like Coola had or it may end up just being a god form for him. Heck, maybe it's both stacked on top of each other and the proportional increase has him surpass Whis? It may end up being absurd, it may end up making total sense. The point is, we don't know what it is right now. We, sadly, just have to wait and see.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:29 am

Considering the movie is based off the song, I was listening to it and the lyrics say "GODLY TRANSFIGURATION." If that's anything to go by, it's possible that part of the film is based off the lyrics. That specific lyric is referring to Freeza.
Last edited by Attitudefan on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:29 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
singsing wrote:Well, in Goku's place, it was an unnatural powerup. From what I'm understanding, you guys are saying Freeza's going to come up with a new transformation that would power him up even more than the SSG ritual did to Goku, even though all of his transformations are natural and self made to restrict his own power.
We, sadly, just have to wait and see.
Why wait when we can bitch? I just ran into this ancient piece of greatness, and I have a burning desire to repost it.
Rocketman wrote:
In that vein, the Unofficial DaizEX Theme Song!

We can bitch if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't bitch and if they don't bitch
Well they're no friends of mine

Say, we can watch what we want to, a dub that they will never find
And we can act like we come from out of this world
Leave the real one far behind

And we can bitch

We can bitch when we want to, the night is young and so am I
But we gotta type real neat or else we get beat
EX surprises with the angry cry

Say, we can bitch if we want to, if we don't nobody will
You can act real rude, get totally removed
And I can act like an imbecile

It's safe to bitch

We can bitch, we can bitch
FUNi's out of control
Eyecatchers gone, oh noes!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *faint*
オッス オラごくー!

We can bitch if we want to, we've got all your life and mine
As long as we don' abuse it we're never gonna lose it
And everything will work out right

Say, we can bitch if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't bitch and if they don't bitch
well they're no friend of mine
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:31 am

More random thoughts:

The lack of ssj; could the second wish have zapped/sealed it away?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:31 am

That reminds me. I'm somewhat excited to see what Rocketman's the mighty Namekian Warrior's thoughts are. Hopefully they will be negative. :lol:
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:37 am

Chuquita wrote:More random thoughts:

My idea would be like this:
1st wish - Revival of Freezer
2nd wish - Freeza's immortality
3rd wish - Zeal/lock SSj/SsjGod

That would still leave Piccolo's super-namekian power.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:46 am

soulnova wrote:
Chuquita wrote:More random thoughts:

My idea would be like this:
1st wish - Revival of Freezer
2nd wish - Freeza's immortality
3rd wish - Zeal/lock SSj/SsjGod

I like it. Can see that as the wishes and order of them. No access to their ki attacks in the Playdia game was difficult, can only imagine not having access to their transformations at all.

That could definitely bring despair.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:55 am

Has anyone considered that the second wish might be to make others weak as opposed to just making Frieza strong?

Also the whole "BUH FRIEZA IS A WEAKLING" comments crack me up. I guarantee you the writers are aware of this perception.
Last edited by radrappy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:05 am

Has anyone considered that the second wish might be to make others weak as opposed to just making Freeza strong?
The Dragon Balls can't affect anyone stronger than their creator.
And Buu, Kibitoshin, base Gotenks, base Vegetto, base Gogeta, 17, 18, 16...
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:18 am

The fact the Beerus is on the poster means either he had a Cameo or Frieza is going to his level. I'm holding out Beerus has to become directly involved as Beerus vs Frieza just screams epic based on how Beerus viewed Frieza.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:26 am

radrappy wrote:Has anyone considered that the second wish might be to make others weak as opposed to just making Freeza strong?

Also the whole "BUH Freeza IS A WEAKLING" comments crack me up. I guarantee you the writer's are aware of this perception.
Shenlon can't make Goku weaker. I think what's going to happen is Freeza's race is going to come looking for him from another universe, find out from the remnants of Freeza's army that he was killed by a Saiyan while trying to collect the dragon balls, and then head to Earth to resurrect Freeza and perform a God ritual so he can have revenge. Freeza will probably seek out the most powerful ki on Earth thinking it's Goku, but will be surprised to find Vegeta instead

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 am

radrappy wrote:
Also the whole "BUH Freeza IS A WEAKLING" comments crack me up. I guarantee you the writers are aware of this perception.
I-on't care. It has some truth to it. As of now he's outclassed by everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, the Saiyans, the last nine antagonists of the canon series(Androids 16-19, Cell, Dabura, and the Buus), and even weak ass humans like Dumbch--I mean Yamcha, even if he retired from fighting. :lol:

Toriyama has to do a lot more than a godly ki ass-pull on Frieza to win me over on this one.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:33 am

Chuquita wrote:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/11/17/v- ... itle-date/
The henchmen bring him back.
D'oh :oops: . Still, the idea of Freeza's henchmen still hanging out in parts of the universe is pretty cool even though it's been touched upon in the series already.

As for what the second wish might be, maybe Freeza will finally get his wish for immortality. Though has it ever been mentioned if such a wish is even possible on the dragonballs? I feel like considering the other limitations they have, immortality might be a bit too much to ask for. In the case that it were granted, though, note that immortality doesn't equal being unable to feel pain. Would be hilarious to see everyone whaling on an immortal Freeza and him just kinda wishing for death at that point.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:36 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Has anyone considered that the second wish might be to make others weak as opposed to just making Freeza strong?
The Dragon Balls can't affect anyone stronger than their creator.
And Buu, Kibitoshin, base Gotenks, base Vegetto, base Gogeta, 17, 18, 16...
Or just Goku KKx2

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:38 am

If Freeza becomes immortal then I guess that's another reason GT is going to be ignore again (which is okay by me) unless they find away to kill him off in later movies.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:If Freeza becomes immortal then I guess that's another reason GT is going to be ignore again (which is okay by me) unless they find away to kill him off in later movies.
I sorta hope he gets killed off in favor of GT. I don't care, I like at least 80% of GT(Baby, Super 17, and Shadow Dragons) and the tag team fight with Goku in Hell was fun to watch and it fit well with the story too, even though the Super 17 saga wasn't all that.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 am

Doctor. wrote:
Scarz wrote:The only thing that really upsets me is that Krillin is bald again and Yamcha cut his hair... :(
That's not Yamcha, he's missing his scars.

It's Gohan or Goten.
It's more likely Goten as he doesn't possess the body frame that Gohan has. The poster implies this.

On the other note, it seems to me that Freeza has been anointed as the main antagonist of the series. Not Cell nor Boo, but Freeza. It could be that Toriyama has rekindled his interest in the series and has become fond of Freeza. If you think about it, in either anime or manga, in each arc, Freeza has been either indirectly mentioned or appeared in them. Even after his death, his legacy carries as far as it could. In DBO, it's stated that his remnant empire has attacked the Earth. It was obvious that his reign has not only impact on Northern Galaxy, but the entire universe. Even Kaioshin and Hakaishin Beerus were aware of his existence. Now Toriyama again uses Freeza in the new story as if it was a continuation of serialization.

About how revived Freeza brings the deepest of despair, the plot will require him to. Shenron after all offers two (or three) wishes. One would be obviously revive Freeza. Who knows what the other wish will be. To be honest, the last time the series truly ever felt despair was Trunks TV special and last few episodes of Dragon Ball GT.

On the last note, I really like Tadayoshi Yamamuro's drawing on the poster. It looks much better than 2013 Dragon Ball Z poster. Not sure why JulieYBM is critical on this. Both Gokû and Vegeta look about the same as his current style.
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.