Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Friezacooler » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:21 pm

1000 Freeza minions against ultimate Gohan round 2 lol. Is that Gohan or Bills sparing with Freeza in the trailer?

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 pm

What does it say on the right?

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:13 pm

I've seen some worry expressed about whether or not the movie will be enjoyable if 'certain things' do or don't happen based on some ambiguous comments from JUMP Festa. Some people even seem to be giving up on it! Instead of throwing up hands and worrying about what will/won't happen, just keep in mind that ambiguous comments are exactly that for a specific reason and instead, enjoy the mystery and how they could make it interesting/exciting and reach the core of the enjoyment of Dragon Ball under 'certain' conditions. From what I've heard, there's plenty to be excited about in the film :) Right now, the theorizing and speculation is honestly the best part of the experience because once you know, the magic is gone. Relish in this time up until April ^_^

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:34 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:I've seen some worry expressed about whether or not the movie will be enjoyable if 'certain things' do or don't happen based on some ambiguous comments from JUMP Festa. Some people even seem to be giving up on it! Instead of throwing up hands and worrying about what will/won't happen, just keep in mind that ambiguous comments are exactly that for a specific reason and instead, enjoy the mystery and how they could make it interesting/exciting and reach the core of the enjoyment of Dragon Ball under 'certain' conditions. From what I've heard, there's plenty to be excited about in the film :) Right now, the theorizing and speculation is honestly the best part of the experience because once you know, the magic is gone. Relish in this time up until April ^_^
This is true, I'm just hungry for some new info on Gokû and Vegeta's roles in the movie.

I'm hoping now that they've revealed stuff on Gohan and Kuririn's designs that we'll move on to Gokû or Vegeta next (as Piccolo hasn't had any costume upgrade this time).
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:10 am

shinmaru wrote:What does it say on the right?
−COMMENT−
今回、フリーザーが復活します!もっとも凶暴でもっとも倒し甲斐のある敵。
もちろん、ただ復活しただけじゃないので、すさまじい対戦をどうぞお楽しみに!
とりやまあきら

Rough:
-Comment-
This time around, Freeza is revived!
The most ferocious enemy, and the most rewarding to defeat!
Of course, there's more to it than just his resurrection,
so please look forward to the tremendous battle!
-Toriyama Akira

I'll do more soon if nobody beats me to it.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:16 am

FatNagger69 wrote:
shinmaru wrote:What does it say on the right?
−COMMENT−
今回、フリーザーが復活します!もっとも凶暴でもっとも倒し甲斐のある敵。
もちろん、ただ復活しただけじゃないので、すさまじい対戦をどうぞお楽しみに!
とりやまあきら

Rough:
-Comment-
This time around, Freeza is revived!
The most ferocious enemy, and the most rewarding to defeat!
Of course, there's more to it than just his resurrection,
so please look forward to the tremendous battle!
-Toriyama Akira

I'll do more soon if nobody beats me to it.
Re: The text I bolded
That's something I'm looking for!

I'm so anxious for VJump.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:16 am

Not to be a spoilsport, but that's the same Toriyama comment that we got back in November.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:24 am

It's nothing new, but it's not verbatim, is it?

Left side is
惑星ベジータの破、ナメック星の侵略、
変身に次ぐ変身、そし次々に殺される戦士たち。。。

Bottom is
かって誰もが絶望したあの凶報が、
更なる力を得て、襲い掛かる。。。!

Which I'll leave to Herms to get right.
Last edited by EmmaWinters on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:32 am

omae no kaasan wrote:I've seen some worry expressed about whether or not the movie will be enjoyable if 'certain things' do or don't happen based on some ambiguous comments from JUMP Festa. Some people even seem to be giving up on it! Instead of throwing up hands and worrying about what will/won't happen, just keep in mind that ambiguous comments are exactly that for a specific reason and instead, enjoy the mystery and how they could make it interesting/exciting and reach the core of the enjoyment of Dragon Ball under 'certain' conditions. From what I've heard, there's plenty to be excited about in the film :) Right now, the theorizing and speculation is honestly the best part of the experience because once you know, the magic is gone. Relish in this time up until April ^_^
I dont like mystery or speculation because its too easy to overhype on an interesting idea or concept of something bigger than what we're likely to see. I get that people are just skeptical how this movie would amount to or lead up to something further relevant to the story. Most people wanted to see something related with the 12 gods, and whether or not this movie at least sets up the focus or demand on who they are through Freeza's granted power up is what will determine how successful this movie will be for dome of the fans.:think:
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 am

Updated post.
Chuquita wrote:I'm so anxious for VJump.
I can hardly wait. When is it out, again?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:44 am

FatNagger69 wrote:Updated post.
Chuquita wrote:I'm so anxious for VJump.
I can hardly wait. When is it out, again?
January 21st, just two days after that week's Weekly Jump.

If there's big news in VJump this month, I'd expect leaks as early as the Wednesday before.

They've gotta cover either Gokû or Vegeta next. They've already gone through Tagoma and Sorbet, Gohan, and Kuririn. Piccolo has no new outfit this time around to reveal stuff about; Freeza I presume is being saved for last.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:04 am

I'm a bit out of the loop, have we gotten any new info since the trailer? I think I read that Krillin is going to be a cop which makes me lul, and Freeza will be training for the first time in his life, which is fascinating. Do we know who Tagoma and Sorbet are and what their motive is? What about Gohan's new outfit?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:07 am

ZazamPow wrote:Do we know who Tagoma and Sorbet are and what their motive is? What about Gohan's new outfit?
No, only that they gather the Dragon Balls and revive Freeza. Gohan's outfit is just a track suit, that's all we know.
ZazamPow wrote:I think I read that Krillin is going to be a cop
We have a picture of it now.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:08 am

Gohan's wearing a sweatsuit because he can't find his battle clothes (does not specify if it's the dougi he can't find, or the Great Saiyaman transformation-watch. Or both).
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:08 am

Chuquita wrote:Gohan's wearing a sweatsuit because he can't find his battle clothes (does not specify if it's the dougi he can't find, or the Great Saiyaman transformation-watch).
Really? I didn't hear that at all. I like that a lot.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:13 am

FatNagger69 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Gohan's wearing a sweatsuit because he can't find his battle clothes (does not specify if it's the dougi he can't find, or the Great Saiyaman transformation-watch).
I like it too; looking forward to possibly seeing him hunting through the house looking for it (whichever one, or both) wildly only to emerge a scene later in the sweatsuit. XD

Source:
Gohan in a tracksuit is quite the surprise. At any rate, apparently he can’t find his fighting clothes, so he ends up joining the battle looking like this!!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/12/21/re ... a-updates/
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:15 am

Chuquita wrote:
FatNagger69 wrote:
I like it too; looking forward to possibly seeing him hunting through the house looking for it (whichever one, or both) wildly only to emerge a scene later in the sweatsuit. XD

Source:
Gohan in a tracksuit is quite the surprise. At any rate, apparently he can’t find his fighting clothes, so he ends up joining the battle looking like this!!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/12/21/re ... a-updates/
Sounds like that TFS moment "Mom, where's my Saiyan suit?" Vegeta: WOMAN WHERE IS MY SAIYAN SUIT

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:56 am

Barunks wrote:All this dismissing of so called "what if" stories. Let's be real here, Dragonball isn't nearly as fun if you stick solely to the manga as if it were scripture.
I meant to reply to this earlier.

For me, an official continuation of the main storyline by the author himself is much more fun to follow than some half-baked fan fiction, regardless of whether or not Toei handles it.

It would be different if Toei's own take on the series was clever, but as their 13 Z-Era movies showed, they're content with telling the same story over and over again as long as it continues to line their pockets. The two TV specials were the best things they've done, and one of them was based on Trunks The Story.

Freeza sending Bardock back in time, Bardock fighting Freeza's ancestor, and Bardock becoming a Super Saiyan is about as interesting to me as the latest chapter of Multiverse, where everyone fuses together with everyone, or Dragon Ball AF, where Ultra Alpha Omega Super Saiyan Prime 7 Onara fights Freeza's uncle Sisly –– Broly's bastard daughter from the future of Universe 80 with tri-toned hair and six tails –– because she looked at him wrong.

While Toriyama is far from perfect, he's a lot better at telling his story than anyone else I've seen.
Last edited by EmmaWinters on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:27 am

FatNagger69 wrote:
ZazamPow wrote:Do we know who Tagoma and Sorbet are and what their motive is? What about Gohan's new outfit?
No, only that they gather the Dragon Balls and revive Freeza. Gohan's outfit is just a track suit, that's all we know.
Oh my gosh, please tell me where I can find it.

EDIT: Just found it. Not what I was expecting, but I'm excited and hope that his story goes somewhere.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:28 am

ZazamPow wrote:
FatNagger69 wrote:
Oh my gosh, please tell me where I can find it.
Sure, here you go.