Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Tennessaiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:28 am

GeeRod wrote:Wow...sad to see that we still have this kinda of people here in this forum. Bashes everything and say that the creator is a lazy shit? Can't believe this...
Yeah, me neither. They'll quiet down after they watch the movie and see how epic it is 8)

Anyways. Vegeta with blue hair. Yesss :thumbup:
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:29 am

It might be in a manga.
They'll probably have Toyble shade it in greys for chapter 3 of his adaption manga if it goes that far into the plot.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Alpha to Omega

Post by Alpha to Omega » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Even the Japanese are talking about Toriyama's laziness? Well, I guess that makes sense, given that the laziness is becoming more and more rampant.

Somebody step in for him already, damn.
lord turbo wrote:I use to think the Japanese folks just ate up what ever came out of Toriyama's ass, nice to know they find all the recolors/palette swaps just as lazy and redundant as we do.
Why are you two acting like a couple of posters on 4ch represent the entirety of the Japanese fanbase? That's like thinking a DBZ post on 4chan represents the entire US fanbase.
Last edited by Alpha to Omega on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:31 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:
kei17 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:Akira getting so much hate is so sad....and its on a dragon ball forum.
Yeah, it's extremely unpleasant to me.
Nobody's "hating" on the guy. Or at least, that certainly isn't my intention. We are most definitely expressing opinions about him and his work, which is certainly valid discussion.
You called him a "lazy shit". That's not hating?

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:33 am

I have to say. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME people are starting to realize how stupid Toriyama can be regarding his simplicities. A golden Frieza? A red skinnier Goku? Blue Super Saiyans? TOOK YALL THAT LONG, EH? This is basically my reaction to the reception the blue Super Saiyans got.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:34 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:
kei17 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:Akira getting so much hate is so sad....and its on a dragon ball forum.
Nobody's "hating" on the guy. Or at least, that certainly isn't my intention. We are most definitely expressing opinions about him and his work, which is certainly valid discussion.
Frankly, you've been throwing a fit saying Toriyama needs to lose his series just because Goten wasn't going to play a part in the movie.

That's hardly valid.
Last edited by ShadowWolf87 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 am

I don't consider yelling just lazy lazy lazy as a valid discussion. That's what I call being lazy.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:36 am

Another thing is guys....it's just a form. Yeah it looks dumb, but as long as the story is good I can take a Shiny Freeza and Bloku/Blugeta.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:38 am

Bloku? Really, yo? Already? :lol:
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:40 am

Don't think I've commented yet on this thread but I do agree with a lot of the dislike about the transformations so far. I wasn't a huge fan of BOG and thought Goku's God form could've used a bit more variation from his base but after catching up with the newer trailer this seems just awful. Seeing someone come back more powerful than ever, someone who transformed each time to show more of their power. If Freeza actually trained and resulted with some gold instead of white as the new transformation/power-up that is extremely underwhelming/lazy. One of my favorite things about Dragon Ball is the different transformations/outfit designs. Even Beerus was a different design, mind you i don't like how bony he is but "God Ki" so it's fine and is a fresh new design. Imagine cell absorbing c18 and being exactly the same except yellow. That wouldn't be acceptable then and it shouldn't be now.

What happens in the third movie? Does the hair turn lime green? Are Saiyans just a rainbow palette of hair colors to transform into? As the lesser of two evils I hope it is just Vegeta who gets bright blue hair even though it still throws me off at least it would be a "God power" and maybe the hair is based on the person. I feel like it would make more sense than every Saiyan having the standard ssj1-3 yellow + God1 Red, God2 Cotton candy blue, God3 lime green, God4 hot pink etc.

Chuquita wrote:I understand, but I still didn't see this coming. I really, really never saw it coming. I thought it'd be ONLY Vegeta IF anyone at all. I expected Toriyama's "no more flashy transformations" to mean no more transformations at all. That's what I was originally afraid of. Bleh, this is worse. T_T
Does he have a quote on this? I'm reading up but I am very behind on interviews, can you/anyone let me know when he said this?

infermon

Post by infermon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:41 am

As it stands, I don't find the simplicity of this design comparable to Super Saiyan God's or Golden Freeza's, so the notion that people are hypocrites for liking those but not this is a bit baffling to me. Super Saiyan God's simplicity worked because it undermined the deific nature of the title. Golden Freeza works given its application of regal colours, as well as providing the character with his own direct parallel to the Super Saiyan, a design which itself boiled down to "the same as before, but gold".

As it stands there's nothing thematically interesting about Goku with blue hair. If this IS meant to be Toriyama turning around and making Super Saiyan God an earnest transformation line as opposed to a deconstruction of the concept, with this as an upgrade of the form, then fine... but I feel the blue is too garish on Goku, while there was nothing wrong with the existing majenta colour scheme. On Vegeta? Looks fine, if a touch bright. On Goku? Less so.

Of course as it stands this is all based on one photo of a pair of small plastic toys, and may not be entirely reflexive of how the form'll look in the film. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Maybe the blue bares some genuinely interesting thematic significance, maybe it's just superfluous. Who knows? Not me. Haven't seen the film, after all.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:42 am

kei17 wrote:

Also, picking up a random anonymous post on 2ch doesn't mean anything. It's nothing but just a graffiti in the wall of a lavatory.
Agreed. I'm off to the preview in just a few hours, and nothing sours my mood so much as having to deal with this kind of negativity (to say nothing of immaturity). Even if you have something to criticize, you can do it in a considerate and constructive fashion without resorting to hyperbole or petty name calling.

This hardly goes for everyone, of course, but some of the posts I've been seeing are also (perhaps deliberately) skirting the edges of homophobia and/or racism, which is entirely disgusting and has no place in this community. It reflects poorly on all of us. If that's how you (that's "you" in the general sense, not Kei) want to operate, then I kindly suggest you find somewhere else to do so before we show you the door.

Please — and I say this for everyone's benefit — don't make the last thing I do before I leave the house this afternoon be handing out account strikes.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:43 am

Marked for deletion.
Last edited by Suupaa Gohan 2 on Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:44 am

First there was the Freeza getting resurrected complaints, then the Freeza training complaints, Golden Freeza, possibility that Goten and Trunks won't be in the movie, and now it's this uncomfirmed blue ssj thing. People love hating. All the voice actors and even his editors praised the script for the movie saying it was really cool and fun and everyone here who hasn't seen shit except for a few screenshots and trailers are acting like the movie sucks already. Please wait until tomorrow or when you see the movie and then say if you think it sucks or not. Now that being said I think this new blue ssj is the worst looking transformation if it's real but I'm still hyped for the movie regardless.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:46 am

HATERS VS FANBOYS!

THIS IS GOING TO BE A MATCH TO REMEMBER!!

ROUND 1!

FIGHT!!!!!

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:46 am

kei17 wrote:I don't consider yelling just lazy lazy lazy as a valid discussion. That's what I call being lazy.
This so much.

Besides, Toriyama doesn't choose the forms to look like this because he's lazy. He does it because people are expecting this cool, bad-ass, elaborate transformation and he's all about turning expectations upside-down. Choosing simplicity/elegance over something extremely detailed without substance is an artistic choice, not laziness. Would you call the design of the iPhone lazy because it doesn't have a bunch of patterns and buttons?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:47 am

Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote: Nobody's "hating" on the guy. Or at least, that certainly isn't my intention. We are most definitely expressing opinions about him and his work, which is certainly valid discussion.
Suupaa Gohan 2 wrote:Nice to know that lazy shit is being recognized as lazy shit even in the motherland.
I'm all for differing opinions, and despite my own stand on this stuff I certainly understand why people dislike recent stuff. But, holy shit...damn near every post I've seen from you (at least in this thread) is just constant bitching at or about Toriyama. You may not be the only one, but a large majority of your posts are like that. And I'm just completely baffled at how incredibly disrespectful some of you are towards the man who created this series that we're all here for. And if you have such a huge disdain for him and the things he's been doing...then I have to ask (like others have before)...just what the hell are you even doing here? Are you trying to troll people? Do you get off on the anger and disappointment you've been getting from all of this? What do you honestly have to gain from coming here and posting the negative shit you've been posting? If you don't like it, then why even waste your time? Why waste our time?

Holy shit.

Besides, Toriyama doesn't choose the forms to look like this because he's lazy. He does it because people are expecting this cool, bad-ass, elaborate transformation and he's all about turning expectations upside-down. Choosing simplicity/elegance over something extremely detailed without substance is an artistic choice, not laziness. Would you call the design of the iPhone lazy because it doesn't have a bunch of patterns and buttons?

Pretty much.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
kei17 wrote:

Also, picking up a random anonymous post on 2ch doesn't mean anything. It's nothing but just a graffiti in the wall of a lavatory.
Agreed. I'm off to the preview in just a few hours, and nothing sours my mood so much as having to deal with this kind of negativity (to say nothing of immaturity). Even if you have something to criticize, you can do it in a considerate and constructive fashion without resorting to hyperbole or petty name calling.

This hardly goes for everyone, of course, but some of the posts I've been seeing are also (perhaps deliberately) skirting the edges of homophobia and/or racism, which is entirely disgusting and has no place in this community. It reflects poorly on all of us. If that's how you (that's "you" in the general sense, not Kei) want to operate, then I kindly suggest you find somewhere else to do so before we show you the door.

Please — and I say this for everyone's benefit — don't make the last thing I do before I leave the house this afternoon be handing out account strikes.

Good luck. Don't mind the haters. Have a great time. :thumbup:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:48 am

Yeah since Toriyama return back to the series after many years and fans just love to bash him now. A decade ago, fans where crying to come back after GT sucking and most of the old DBZ movies sucking too. We have him return to the series and you have fans want him to die and never come back. Sometimes I do think DBZ fans are always unhappy with everything.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/