Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:33 pm

dae428 wrote: Look at it this way, Vegeta overwhelmed Freeza to the point where Freeza had no choice but to destroy the entire planet because he knew he was no match for Vegeta. In a small sense that can be considered a victory for Vegeta who was clearly more powerful than Freeza. I'm not saying that he did win the fight, I'm just saying that there is an argument to be had over the whole win-lose thing based on what you really consider what it means to win.
I cannot think of a single possible extrapolation of the meaning of "victory" that results in you floating around as space dust while the guy who blew you up floats around alive nearby.
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:33 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Movie theatres are looking pretty crammed over there in Japan. But how many of them are there for Dragon Ball? :think:
https://twitter.com/1128mxa/status/589221548906577921
Probably a significant portion. :lol: I remember when BoGs was first released. The theaters in Japan were absolutely packed based on some pics fellow members were providing.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:35 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Movie theatres are looking pretty crammed over there in Japan. But how many of them are there for Dragon Ball? :think:
What else is opening new in the movies in Japan on the same day as Resurrection F?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
rereboy wrote:Yamcha's fight with the Saibamen was also a clear win for Yamcha... despite the Saibamen killing him.
If someone would have rewound the clock to kill the Sainaman before it happened then it would have been a win for him.
Actually, it would turn into a 2 on 1 fight, instead of a 1 on 1 fight, which is what happened when Goku stepped into the fight.

Without Whis, it was a 1 on 1 fight, and since Vegeta died, the result was, at most, a tie. With Whis, it was a 2 on 1 fight and Goku and Vegeta won together.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
What else is opening new in the movies in Japan on the same day as Resurrection F?

Detective Conan, which is a pretty big deal in japan apparently.

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:47 pm

rereboy wrote:
sintzu wrote:
rereboy wrote:Yamcha's fight with the Saibamen was also a clear win for Yamcha... despite the Saibamen killing him.
If someone would have rewound the clock to kill the Sainaman before it happened then it would have been a win for him.
Actually, it would turn into a 2 on 1 fight, instead of a 1 on 1 fight, which is what happened when Goku stepped into the fight.

Without Whis, it was a 1 on 1 fight, and since Vegeta died, the result was, at most, a tie. With Whis, it was a 2 on 1 fight and Goku and Vegeta won together.
Goku and Vegeta fight together and win
but they are foolish and proud, says Beerus, finally must be helped by Whiss
have to peel together because Freezer has the advantage that he do not mind killing anyone or planet, instead Goku and vegeta had defend the planet and their families so they are limited in that sense
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Really digging the Toriyama art this time around. Vegeta specifically looks much better than his BOG concept art days.

Also noticed the final version of Volume F has SSGSS Vegeta on the cover. So it appears they really were using the BOG poster version as a placeholder. I'm glad.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Retan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

Detective Conan, which is a pretty big deal in japan apparently.
Oh, yeah. Detective Conan is a monster anime franchise in Japan. It's arguably bigger than One Piece.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 pm

So we've had some material for Resurrection F with Beerus saying the movie is 2 years after Battle of Gods, but over on Twitter Julian says Toriyama's Volume F pegs the film as "around AGE 779".

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:05 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:So we've has some material for Resurrection F with Beerus saying the movie is 2 years after Battle of Gods, but over on Twitter Julian says Toriyama's Volume F pegs the film as "around AGE 779".
Oh thank god, I was worried about that one for a bit. Any Idea how long of a skip we're looking at here? (Assuming BOG takes place in August. of course.)
Last edited by CashmanX on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

So it seems like Piccolo and Gohan can sense Freeza's ki, although it's unclear. Is that further evidence that he is indeed not a God?
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:So we've had some material for Resurrection F with Beerus saying the movie is 2 years after Battle of Gods, but over on Twitter Julian says Toriyama's Volume F pegs the film as "around AGE 779".
Oh man, just missed Bra's Birthday.
Wait, does this mean Bulma's preggers in this movie?
Last edited by HG-Project on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
dae428 wrote: Look at it this way, Vegeta overwhelmed Freeza to the point where Freeza had no choice but to destroy the entire planet because he knew he was no match for Vegeta. In a small sense that can be considered a victory for Vegeta who was clearly more powerful than Freeza. I'm not saying that he did win the fight, I'm just saying that there is an argument to be had over the whole win-lose thing based on what you really consider what it means to win.
I cannot think of a single possible extrapolation of the meaning of "victory" that results in you floating around as space dust while the guy who blew you up floats around alive nearby.
Look I'm not even saying that Vegeta won. However I'm saying that it is something that can be argued in that Vegeta did win. Freeza was humiliated yet again after training for 6 months with the sole intent to turn the tables against Goku but Freeza eventually managed to get the upper hand against Goku after a cheap shot from Sorbet. Then Vegeta comes over and continues the beat down on him bringing him to his knees until he has to just outright destroy the entire planet in order to just get away with his life.

I guess I'm just getting repetitive this whole thing so please excuse me for that. My main point is that Vegeta did get the satisfaction of knowing that he is stronger than Freeza and humiliating him. Which is in some way a slight victory for Vegeta. Yes, if you look at it in a purely who lives and who dies perspective then I guess Goku wins because in the end he's the one who kills Freeza for good, but that was never my point. I was looking at it as a who ended up as the bigger man kind of thing.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Someone hasn't been eating.
Guess he joined the same weight watchers program as Mr. Satan
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:13 pm

CashmanX wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:So we've has some material for Resurrection F with Beerus saying the movie is 2 years after Battle of Gods, but over on Twitter Julian says Toriyama's Volume F pegs the film as "around AGE 779".
Oh thank god, I was worried about that one for a bit. Any Idea how long of a skip we're looking at here? (Assuming BOG takes place in August. of course.)
Hmm. Not sure? I mean, we have the years, but there are other factors at play.

-BOG was Bluma's birthday party. Her birthday is in August, but was that when the party was held?
-Shenlong was summoned, but it's debatable if we count the Super Saiyan God explanation as a wish.
-DB wish number is inconsistent, so how long of a recharge do they need, if any, for Freeza's revival?
-Where was Videl at in her pregnancy? You can go 3-4 months without showing in the real world, but...
-Wherever all that gets us, then we have 4-6 months from Freeza's revival to his arrival on Earth.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:19 pm

dae428 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Look I'm not even saying that Vegeta won. However I'm saying that it is something that can be argued in that Vegeta did win. Freeza was humiliated yet again after training for 6 months with the sole intent to turn the tables against Goku but Freeza eventually managed to get the upper hand against Goku after a cheap shot from Sorbet. Then Vegeta comes over and continues the beat down on him bringing him to his knees until he has to just outright destroy the entire planet in order to just get away with his life.

I guess I'm just getting repetitive this whole thing so please excuse me for that. My main point is that Vegeta did get the satisfaction of knowing that he is stronger than Freeza and humiliating him. Which is in some way a slight victory for Vegeta. Yes, if you look at it in a purely who lives and who dies perspective then I guess Goku wins because in the end he's the one who kills Freeza for good, but that was never my point. I was looking at it as a who ended up as the bigger man kind of thing.
Thank you for at least being civil.

I honestly don't see how that can be argued. Freeza was humiliated, sure, but not to the extent that it outweighs killing Vegeta, his family, and his adopted planet.

And Vegeta didn't get the satisfaction of knowing that he was stronger than Freeza. He beat up on a weakened Freeza that was at the point to where he couldn't even make Goku flinch with a direct punch to the face. It'd be like if Gohan had kept beating up on Semi-Perfect Cell after he spat out 18. I mean, how can somebody beating up on a guy who'd already been broken down really be considered "badass?" And Vegeta wasn't even able to finish the fight!

Serious question. If Freeza, after being hit by the Genki Dama, had killed Goku first instead of taking out his friends, would you say that Goku won the fight just because he had "almost killed" Freeza?

I like new Vegeta. Vegeta in Battle of Gods and the Jump special is a great character. This movie just doesn't do anything for him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:25 pm

Just finished watching it... gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed with what transpired in their fight. Its like a training session all in all.
but I do find Goku's fight more appealing.
Vegeta had a good screen time cant deny that but the animation of that fight was the same with base goku vs freeza and mid way ssgss goku vs freeza.
On another note The vegeta vs freeza part was a little meh... Freeza couldnt even land a simple ki blast and was over for about 2-3mints....

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:30 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Someone hasn't been eating.
Guess he joined the same weight watchers program as Mr. Satan
Wtf :lol: . You would think he'll be fat since he doesn't train anymore. All that muscle gone. I actually think muscle wise he's smaller than kid Gohan.

dodonpa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dodonpa » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:34 pm

When i saw the cover of the Toriyama's F manga some weeks ago, i didn't like the fact of the square with Vegeta being from a BOG illustration. I thought Toriyama didn't draw Vegeta for this movie so he reused an old illustration, and i found it very lazy. But it was all to hide Vegeta's new transformation! The final cover has him in his SSG SSJ form.

I don't dislike Toriyama's designs for this movie completely, but i think i like more the Yamamuro ones

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 pm

I love how people who haven't actually seen the movie are arguing about how a fight plays out.