Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:I love how people who haven't actually seen the movie are arguing about how a fight plays out.
I like how someone who has no idea who has or hasn't seen the movie is accusing people of having never seen the movie.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Serious question. If Freeza, after being hit by the Genki Dama, had killed Goku first instead of taking out his friends, would you say that Goku won the fight just because he had "almost killed" Freeza?
Not the same thing though. If Freeza could kill Goku and did, then Freeza would have won. But if Freeza was unable to kill Goku without blowing up the planet and winning by the technicality that he could breathe in space and Goku couldn't, it would be a pyrrhic victory at best.

It'd be like being unable to beat Goku, so you gave him the Heart Virus and tried to hide until he died from it. It may be a technical win, but it's a pretty crappy one. Of course, if Freeza trained his new form better, we wouldn't be having this argument, as Goku and Vegeta'd be in quite a different situation.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 pm

That third chapter of Rof was really good, now i understand why vegeta and Goku held hands.
Hi

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Mewzard wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Serious question. If Freeza, after being hit by the Genki Dama, had killed Goku first instead of taking out his friends, would you say that Goku won the fight just because he had "almost killed" Freeza?
Not the same thing though. If Freeza could kill Goku and did, then Freeza would have won. But if Freeza was unable to kill Goku without blowing up the planet and winning by the technicality that he could breathe in space and Goku couldn't, it would be a pyrrhic victory at best.

It'd be like being unable to beat Goku, so you gave him the Heart Virus and tried to hide until he died from it. It may be a technical win, but it's a pretty crappy one. Of course, if Freeza trained his new form better, we wouldn't be having this argument, as Goku and Vegeta'd be in quite a different situation.
No one is denying that it's a "cheap" win. But the thing is.....it's still a win.

If I'm in a fight for my life, and I kick my attacker in the balls, and that move is what lets gets me ultimately finish the fight, did I not still win? Sure, I guess it's "cheap," or whatever. But the point is, I did what was necessary, I outmaneuvered my opponent, and I lived.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:45 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Someone hasn't been eating.
Guess he joined the same weight watchers program as Mr. Satan
Wtf :lol: . You would think he'll be fat since he doesn't train anymore. All that muscle gone. I actually think muscle wise he's smaller than kid Gohan.
I've done the comparison, he's even more bulky as a child. Even I am more bulky than FnF Gohan :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Still waiting on the launch

http://dragonball.yahoo.co.jp/
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Just finished watching it... gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed with what transpired in their fight. Its like a training session all in all.
but I do find Goku's fight more appealing.
Vegeta had a good screen time cant deny that but the animation of that fight was the same with base goku vs freeza and mid way ssgss goku vs freeza.
On another note The vegeta vs freeza part was a little meh... Freeza couldnt even land a simple ki blast and was over for about 2-3mints....
You're in Japan!? I thought only Jedi and Kei17 was.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:55 pm

To me, Freeza won the war, but Vegeta won battle. Other than taking the drastic action of destroying the planet, there was nothing Freeza could do to defeat Vegeta if the fight had continue on proper. Freeza was on his knees and lost his shiny new transformation. The "fight" was over. This situation amounts to nothing more than when two people play a game like chess, and when one player has the other in checkmate, the loser flips the table in a rage quit moment (or equate it to someone turning off the game on Xenoverse when they lose a fight). I wouldn't call that a "win". At best, it's a tie, draw, no contest, whatever.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:55 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Just finished watching it... gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed with what transpired in their fight. Its like a training session all in all.
but I do find Goku's fight more appealing.
Vegeta had a good screen time cant deny that but the animation of that fight was the same with base goku vs freeza and mid way ssgss goku vs freeza.
On another note The vegeta vs freeza part was a little meh... Freeza couldnt even land a simple ki blast and was over for about 2-3mints....
You're in Japan!? I thought only Jedi and Kei17 was.
I'm new here so I couldnt blame people for not knowing lol xD

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Thank you for at least being civil.

I honestly don't see how that can be argued. Freeza was humiliated, sure, but not to the extent that it outweighs killing Vegeta, his family, and his adopted planet.

And Vegeta didn't get the satisfaction of knowing that he was stronger than Freeza. He beat up on a weakened Freeza that was at the point to where he couldn't even make Goku flinch with a direct punch to the face. It'd be like if Gohan had kept beating up on Semi-Perfect Cell after he spat out 18. I mean, how can somebody beating up on a guy who'd already been broken down really be considered "badass?" And Vegeta wasn't even able to finish the fight!

Serious question. If Freeza, after being hit by the Genki Dama, had killed Goku first instead of taking out his friends, would you say that Goku won the fight just because he had "almost killed" Freeza?

I like new Vegeta. Vegeta in Battle of Gods and the Jump special is a great character. This movie just doesn't do anything for him.
Cell imperfect had killed Gohan and the entire planet if not for Goku and Cell had regenerated ... in his logical this makes that technically Gohan lost in his 1vs1 against Cell no matter if he was much stronger that Cell ...

Vegeta is a bad ass fighter and proud and sometimes stupid but we love him so, one thing is to evolve but not a comic character. just as we love goku that putting fight over the safety of the rest
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I love how people who haven't actually seen the movie are arguing about how a fight plays out.
Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:I like how someone who has no idea who has or hasn't seen the movie is accusing people of having never seen the movie.
Neither of these are appropriate posts. Accounts are being warned. Keep your dismissive, sarcastic nonsense to yourselves. If you're not interested in a legitimate conversation, we're not interested in having you here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Gohan majors in every academic field. He has no time to train, eat, or sleep.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

bubibartra
Beyond Newbie

Post by bubibartra » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:05 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Gohan majors in every academic field. He has no time to train, eat, or sleep.

Someone should explain to gohan, that geniuses like Bulma, finished college at 12 and have time for everything ....

and if it takes someone smart call her

Someone should resurrect Mirai Gohan and bring it to this time, please...
Favorite Character: Vegeta
Seconds favorites caracteres:Goku , Piccolo
Previously I like: Kid Gohan
I do not like: Adult Gohan
I hope more: Trunks and Goten
I claim for: A girlfriend and a happy life for Yamcha. Women SSJ
Hate: Send all women to take care of children, including A18.
Need more of: Ten Sin Han

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:21 pm

My apologies. I'll stay out of this thread, cause it does seem to bring out the worst in me.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Oh btw guys the blue God aura had some sparks, its slightly different from Goku's red God mode. Also yeah their interactions with each other was funny, AT sama still has it. I'm sure a lot of you will find it funny. No suspense but yeah the animations were good, easily surpasses BoG.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Any estimates until how long until an English subbed version will be available? Not asking for one, just wondering if anyone has a guess.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:14 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Oh btw guys the blue God aura had some sparks, its slightly different from Goku's red God mode. Also yeah their interactions with each other was funny, AT sama still has it. I'm sure a lot of you will find it funny. No suspense but yeah the animations were good, easily surpasses BoG.
May I ask a basic question? How was the voice acting? Did the actors sound aged or...?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:18 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Oh btw guys the blue God aura had some sparks, its slightly different from Goku's red God mode. Also yeah their interactions with each other was funny, AT sama still has it. I'm sure a lot of you will find it funny. No suspense but yeah the animations were good, easily surpasses BoG.
May I ask a basic question? How was the voice acting? Did the actors sound aged or...?
This may be just me being bias but for me I'm actually surprised with their voice acting, it was seriously good. Especially Vegeta's seiyuu, you can feel the suspense when he mouths off Freeza.
Goku's and Freeza were good too, Nozawa san actually did better here than BoG especially her screams.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Wtf :lol: . You would think he'll be fat since he doesn't train anymore. All that muscle gone. I actually think muscle wise he's smaller than kid Gohan.
I've done the comparison, he's even more bulky as a child. Even I am more bulky than FnF Gohan :lol:.
Haven't you heard man? Thin is in! It's hip, rad, and tow-tally stylin'! The day's of 'do you even lift bro." are long gone. Now everything's sleek,modern, and totally dark! (with ... the uh, exception of this movie... Well it's still probably darker than the Battle of Gods...)

Seriously speaking though, I don't think it's all that bad. It's just to be an aesthetic change which I honestly don't hate too much. While I'm not too fond of the idea of Gohan looking super skinny without any muscle, I will say that I do prefer that version compared to the ultra buff kid Gohan. Then again I am one of the few people that actually really likes Toriyama's modern style... So I can probably only speak for myself...

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:41 pm

dae428 wrote:Haven't you heard man? Thin is in! It's hip, rad, and tow-tally stylin'! The day's of 'do you even lift bro." are long gone. Now everything's sleek,modern, and totally dark! (with ... the uh, exception of this movie... Well it's still probably darker than the Battle of Gods...)

Seriously speaking though, I don't think it's all that bad. It's just to be an aesthetic change which I honestly don't hate too much. While I'm not too fond of the idea of Gohan looking super skinny without any muscle, I will say that I do prefer that version compared to the ultra buff kid Gohan. Then again I am one of the few people that actually really likes Toriyama's modern style... So I can probably only speak for myself...
I didn't take Mr. Toriyama for the Bishōnen type :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!