Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:40 am

Awesome news for us Australian and New Zealand fans. Resurrection 'F' is getting released on August 6th!
Be sure to continue checking http://www.reelanime.com.au for cinema listings and how long the film will be out for.

Only a mere 2 days from the US release! I fucking love you Madman Entertainment.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Awesome news for us Australian and New Zealand fans. Resurrection 'F' is getting released on August 6th!
The site is down, perhaps we all helped crash it. I'd love to see it in the cinema, but I doubt its playing anywhere near the Newcastle area, and its impossible for me to make a trip to Sydney during the semester and still have time for work :(.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:14 am

Vegeta hyping up Resurrection F...and spoilers so if you want to be blind, don't click this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb5W_ZrAzV0
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am

I wonder why Toei isn't doing anything about the leaked footage on youtube. I just hope this doesn't end up hurting FnF box office performance in the West.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:39 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Awesome news for us Australian and New Zealand fans. Resurrection 'F' is getting released on August 6th!
The site is down, perhaps we all helped crash it. I'd love to see it in the cinema, but I doubt its playing anywhere near the Newcastle area, and its impossible for me to make a trip to Sydney during the semester and still have time for work :(.
You might be able to watch it close to your area. Madman are aiming for a wider release this time around due to last year's big success with Battle of Gods. That film was only meant to be out for 1 day in 1 theatre in each big city within the country but due to high demand the film kept coming back in theatres and was eventually out for a total of 10 days. I'm sure they're aiming for much more with Resurrection 'F' so don't lose hope, you'll probably get a chance to watch it.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 am

And I'm just sat here waiting for Manga UK to announce... something. :thumbdown:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:07 am

BlackCatScott wrote:And I'm just sat here waiting for Manga UK to announce... something. :thumbdown:
Now that the Aussies have a release date, hopefully we have something announced soon too. I hope.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:23 am

Not only is http://www.reelanime.com.au unavailable but http://www.dragonballz.com.au seems to be unavailable as well. Maybe Madman are (finally!) giving the website a face lift. At the bottom of the Australian/New Zealand Resurrection 'F' poster it has the address of the official Australian DBZ website so Madman are probably updating the website in preparation for the film. They did the same thing for the Naruto website in preparation for the upcoming Boruto movie.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:38 am

I remember it was originally supposed to be in theatres for 1 day in a small amount of theatres for one showing each only.

Then they added an extra day, more theatres and some of them would have two or three showing a day. I do think they underestimated it so what which is why it has a wider release almost everywhere this time.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:06 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Vegeta hyping up Resurrection F...and spoilers so if you want to be blind, don't click this
I think that if you're browsing this thread, then you're pretty much already open to any kind of spoilers.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 am

I actually got my tickets a few days ago, when several theaters in the area showed up as having showings and selling tickets. Can't wait to see the movie!
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlackCatScott wrote:And I'm just sat here waiting for Manga UK to announce... something. :thumbdown:
Now that the Aussies have a release date, hopefully we have something announced soon too. I hope.
The whole damn world will get cinema screenings of ROF before the UK do. This is just taking the piss now. Before you know it, they'll announce that Timbuktu is gonna show ROF in cinemas before the UK.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 am

Funimation hasn't released any trailer yet?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:05 pm

Noah wrote:Funimation hasn't released any trailer yet?
No. No yet. They've only released a teaser trailer.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Manga UK are going about this in completely the wrong way. They are still refusing to answer tweets from fans, and in doing so, are simply achieving nothing but aggravating them.
It's frustrating to see pretty much every other major territory announcing their dates, but nothing for the UK - again.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:57 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Vegeta hyping up Resurrection F...and spoilers so if you want to be blind, don't click this
Hearing people say the name of that form out loud makes it feel like a self-parody. Its appearance doesn't help. lol.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:58 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Hearing people say the name of that form out loud makes it feel like a self-parody. Its appearance doesn't help. lol.
Yes, because turning gold and shouting "Super" Saiyan was so much less stupid before, wasn't it? lol.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Yes, because turning gold and shouting "Super" Saiyan was so much less stupid before, wasn't it? lol.
Only Gotenks did that though so..did it count? I mean Super Vegeta wasn't exactly non laughable but least Vegeta pulled it off. Super Saiyan God SSJ is not only a mouthful but is just a WOAT namename for all anime transformation.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Yea, but nobody in the movie actually said that name. And it wouldn't make sense to, it's literally just Super Saiyan. I'm assuming "SSGSS" surfaced because of marketing purposes. Goku refers to it as "Super Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God" and Vegeta refers to it as "the legendary Super Saiyan".

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Errr...not one bit, actually. :?

I mean, Superman is a thing. And the gold transformation is iconic and awesome. The execution is what counts, and Toriyama did a superb job. I know nobody says it in the movie, but hearing the marketed name coming from someone's mouth sounds silly. You can't deny that.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super