Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by SSJGFrieza » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:13 am

Kei is Goku happy or excited that Freeza got so powerful? Since it means another strong opponent.
Linda Young 4 lyfe

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:13 am

Now that I know this film is going to be primarily just action and fights... I kind of hope they screen it in 3D here after Funi dubs it. I seriously doubt it, but I'm starting to think it might actually be better in 3D. I'm sure much of the action was specifically made to work well in 3D.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:15 am

kei17 wrote:
SaiyanBaller22 wrote:Hey Kei17! Only thing I'm curious right now is if Lord Beerus and Freeza exchange words with eachother?! Thanks that would be all
Freeza notices Beerus and calls him Beerus-sama with a surprised and scared face, but he gives Beerus some mouth and shows a confident attitude.
I'm surprised Beerus didnt destroy him. Was there no fair 1v1 fight that happened? :think:

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:21 am

Question. If Whis is going back in time shouldn't Vegeta being alive as well again to help out. Vegeta died with the earth. Whis goes back to the time before Earth is destroyed. So where was Vegeta?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:24 am

Kishido wrote:Question. If Whis is going back in time shouldn't Vegeta being alive as well again to help out. Vegeta died with the earth. Whis goes back to the time before Earth is destroyed. So where was Vegeta?
Goku was the only one that retains his memory that Frieza killed everyone. Which is why he didnt play around anymore and went full powered kamehame wave.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:26 am

GokuRules987 wrote:Anyway Elitism is going strong in this thread. Must reach over 8000 posts in order for my offtopic conversation about naruto not get deleted by a mod?
Posts about Naruto (or One Piece) alone were deleted. Jacob also talked about Dragon Ball in his posts, and his posts weren't the only ones spared either. But no one will be afforded any exceptions if this keeps up, including them.

In any other thread, we might be more lenient about off-topic conversations. But this is a very active and popular thread right now, and we don't need off-topic conversations cluttering the flow of discussion and news.
-Rachel

Ronin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ronin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:29 am

So does Vegeta turn normal Super Saiyan in the movie? That would be a satisfying scene since he talked about Super Saiyan so much in the Freeza arc. One thing I thought about a lot is if Freeza could see everyone now, he'd be flipping out at all the Super Saiyans.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:41 am

Kei, how did you feel when the movie was over? Excited? Unaffected?

Speaking of the ending, is there a party to celebrate or is it a quick ending after Freeza dies?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:56 am

A question for Kei17.

Do you think it's likely we will have an extended edition like we did for BoG?. Julian said it felt like it could have done with being a little longer.
You mentioned some scenes feeling a little odd, like with the Pilaf gang in Sorbet's ship, perhaps some things were removed for the directors cut?.

Thank You.

Ronin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ronin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:59 am

Or is there a moment where Freeza's surprised at Gohan being a Super Saiyan?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:02 am

Question for Kei17.

When Goku got sent back was it before or after Vegeta's fight ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 am

kei17 wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Hey, few questions if you don't mind answering, Kei17. :oops:
- At what point is the song, 'F' used in the film?
- Is there anything cool that plays alongside the credits? For example, we had a recap of the Manga at the end of BOG
- Does the 20th Century Fox logo play at the start?

Thanks. :)
- 'F' plays when Freeza's body gets regenerated. Not during battles.
- No, just showing clips from the movie with credits.
- Yes, it does.
Thank you!
- Huh, that's an interesting choice. Was expecting it to feature in one of the battle scenes...they did keep calling it a "battle song" in most of the promotional material, after all. :lol:
- That's a little disappointing. I know it's only minor, but I thought they left that sort of thing behind in the '90s. Battle of Gods's credit sequence was actually one of my favourite parts in the whole movie, but I guess that (movie) was more of a celebration of the series as a whole. I still would've taken something like screenshots from the Freeza arc over reused scenes. :cry:
- I wonder why their logo wasn't tacked on to the start of any trailers. :eh:

From what I've read so far, there is no way I'm going to judge this movie until I see the visuals and audio that are meant to accompany the information that we've been given. It sounds like a lot of the enjoyment and fun that comes from this movie is almost entirely based around the visuals (as is the case with most movies), especially given the number of fights in this, and I think you'd have to be a fool to judge it based on walls of text. It's just not the way these new DB movies roll. They're meant to be enjoyed as a full package. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you write it off based on one or two things you read. Sure, some things might irk you, but it doesn't mean it'll completely hamper the experience. I distinctly remember being slightly disappointed when the summary of BOG was put up on the site...it is now my favourite DB film. I honestly think we, the fans, are our own worst enemies a lot of the time. We seem to expect and get ourselves excited for all the wrong thing- things that have no business appearing in these movies. We essentially make it so that we're inevitably let down, regardless of the movie's contents because of the way we go about speculating and building ourselves up for it. There's a reason why most fans aren't penning the script for DB movies.

Having said that, I'm gonna be a complete hypocrite and throw in a few additional thoughts :lol: :
- It seems my wait for a perfect DB movie continues. That one 90-100 minute work that contains a perfect balance of all the elements that makes this franchise one of the greats. As it stands, it seems like that'll remain a dream for the foreseeable. I just wish, I really, really wish, that Toriyama would push himself towards something just a tiny bit more ambitious. I appreciate his thought process that goes into writing these films and I do like how he sticks to his principles, but I really would like to see something with a little bit more substance. He has his characters down perfectly, now it's time to add to that. I like the idea of him working together with someone else to assemble the script for the next movie (like BOG). His involvement is a necessity, don't get me wrong. Again, he knows his characters so well (contrary to what many people think), but at the same time, some new blood can't hurt too much. Hopefully we do see a final movie to round off, what I'd call, the 'Godly Trilogy'. The way things have been going, it seems likely Goku and his pals will be on the big screen again.

- In terms of the movie lacking surprises, I don't wanna be smug, but I kinda called it. It was sort of the same with BOG...they weren't revealing much more information about the movie, because there simply wasn't anything more to reveal without spoiling the thing. That being said, it is a little disappointing that we didn't get anything like Bulma alluding to Tarble or Videl being pregnant with Pan. I guess Jaco kinda served as our neat little Easter Egg.

- As for Whis jumping back in time to save the planet....I called it. 8) I'll just be claiming my $1000 cheque and leaving then...
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:08 am

I'm going to reserve judgement on the film until I actually see it myself. I get that some people won't like it but i'll wait until I see it myself and form my own opinion rather than taking anyone else's. The summary will probably help me have an idea if it will be enjoyable, though. :P

I feel like this movie was just expanding upon what BoG has already shown us, that's the gist I've gotten so far anyway. We've finally got to see what Whis can do (sorta) and what became of the god form. Just hoping this movie was made with the intention Goku and Vegeta honing their abilities before jumping into the other universes.
Last edited by Sora Saiyan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:09 am

JulieYBM wrote:Kei, how did you feel when the movie was over? Excited? Unaffected?

Speaking of the ending, is there a party to celebrate or is it a quick ending after Freeza dies?
I felt unaffected. It sure was fun and the battles were good enough to entertain children, but it lacked new in-universe stuff that BoG gave us a lot.

The movie ends with Goku's smile after defeating Freeza and there's no post-fin scenes except for Freeza in hell.

SSJGFrieza
Banned

Post by SSJGFrieza » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:11 am

kei17 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Kei, how did you feel when the movie was over? Excited? Unaffected?

I felt unaffected. It sure was fun and the battles were good enough to entertain children, but it lacked new in-universe stuff that BoG gave us a lot.

The movie ends with Goku's smile after defeating Freeza and there's no post-fin scenes except for Freeza in hell.
What a way to win the war :lol:
Linda Young 4 lyfe

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:17 am

kei17 wrote:The movie ends with Goku's smile after defeating Freeza and there's no post-fin scenes except for Freeza in hell.
Maybe more ending scenes to appear in the Long Version of the movie.

Ronin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ronin » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 am

I still think it's cool that we got Toriyama's take on hell and what happened to Freeza and his army after he died. It was some very interesting trivia. I also wonder if everyone in hell gets this same treatment or what.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 am

Battle of Gods was supposed to be introducing new characters, transformations, and world building and this movie is basically Goku and Vegeta evolving as fighters using the transformation from the last movie. The third movie will probably have them surpass the Gods somehow and prove to be the best in the universe. After that we have the other 11 universes to deal with.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:22 am

Really, when I stop and think about the tone of the original manga at the time of the Freeza arc and then look at everything I know so far about this movie... I think it could have been so much more. I mean yeah, they missed the opportunity to add to the lore of the world with all the new stuff we got introduced to in BOG, but it also seems to be missing the mark on really good interactions between Freeza and Goku/Vegeta. I haven't heard anyone impressed by the performance of Freeza yet and as you all know that's one of the best things about that arc in the 90s. It doesn't seem as though Freeza is treated as a true threat and that's exactly what it should have been. It should have been scary that Freeza is back and as powerful to them now as he was then. It should have explored his training and really developed his character. It's coming short on both Freeza's character and the expansion of the dragon world. It's a shallow sounding film. I hate to sound negative, because I am not trying to be negative. I am just more disappointed by that then any other factor.

But again until I see it, I can't really judge. Plus we haven't really heard much from Julian yet.

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:24 am

MajinMan wrote:After that we have the other 11 universes to deal with.
This made my eyes glaze over. They aren't seriously going to do more than one or two more of these, right?