Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Post by Fizzer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:28 am

This is incredibly exciting. If he wanted to include this story in the manga, then I expect it's after the end of Z, but he gave up before he wrote it.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:31 am

Fizzer wrote:This is incredibly exciting. If he wanted to include this story in the manga, then I expect it's after the end of Z, but he gave up before he wrote it.
Yeah, a few people have said 'Oh this means it must take place during the manga' but that doesn't have to be the case at all. It could just be a storyline he had thought of that he couldn't find a way to fit in, it might have had no chronological placement whatsoever.

Whatever the case colour me excited, can't wait to hear more. :D

JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by JackyBoi99 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:34 am

Wow, i so did not expect another movie to come so soon. :clap: :D
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 am

I don't know how I feel about a direct sequel to Battle of Gods. I can't say a whole lot about Battle of Gods because I've only seen it without subtitles, but I feel like I know a little of what the most basic plot points are and I like the idea of there being an individual in the universe that Goku and company can't really defeat. While I don't mind revisiting the fight later on, I'd rather have it be much further down the road rather than just two films/four years later (IRL) because I feel like the next time Goku (or someone) would have to win the fight and then what? The main characters would be the strongest of everything. Which is fine I guess. You could just expand the God hierarchy but that's been done to death. I do agree that it should be placed after Battle of Gods though. Make the necessary adjustments to the original idea depending on where it was originally supposed to be placed so it'd still work after Battle of Gods and go from there. To BlackCatScott (and for that matter anyone else who wants Battle of Gods 2): don't let this come off rude to you. I don't mean it to be. I would just personally rather have new material as opposed to revisiting that part of the story that quickly.

I think someone else kind of mentioned it already but if you back track to any of the time skips you'd be really limited in what you could do with it compared to putting it towards the end of the series. I'm sure some will disagree with me on this part, but I think I'd almost like for this movie to somehow allude to the tournament at the end of Z coming up soon.. That could potentially set us up for another movie completely post Z and possibly give Goten, Trunks, Pan, and some other characters a moment to shine while Goku's out of the picture training Uub similar to the whole Namek ordeal with Gohan, Krillin, Bulma, and Vegeta. The only problem with that of course is Goku is the main hero of the series and people probably wouldn't like a Dragon Ball story without him in it.

I'm intrigued by this idea that never came to fruition of Toriyama's. I'm not entirely up on all of the translations from interviews he's done over the years (read as "not at all up on"), but I wonder if there's anything in any of those interviews that would possibly allude to what he might have in store for this movie?

I'm going to stop now. There's a reason why I can't ever go to sleep. (overactive mind x_x)

EDIT: All of that said: the twelve universe thing (I watched a fansub...which I really don't like doing) does intrigue me and I'd like to see an expansion on it. I guess the God hierarchy has already been expanded far more than I realized.
Last edited by BojGrass on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 am

So, no SSJG?
Since it was planned to be in the manga... meh kinda lame i wanted them to explain more about the God form...

Still curious what it will be about.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:04 am

I wake up too news like this :D. If Batman v Superman DOJ hadn't been delayed that would have been a perfect year for films.

Hope it's like BoG and not an all out action romp. But the comments he made are reassuring.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:14 am

I can't imagine this being anything other than a BoGs sequel. I mean why make a movie with an entirely new story after you just made BoGs and left it on a major cliffhanger? It's got to be a sequel.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:40 am

Birusu16 wrote:I can't imagine this being anything other than a BoGs sequel. I mean why make a movie with an entirely new story after you just made BoGs and left it on a major cliffhanger? It's got to be a sequel.
It wasn't really a cliffhanger, it was just left open. Frankly, I'd prefer something fresh that covers new ground as opposed to continuing with the 'God' theme for now, as that can always be revisited later. I mean, how can you possibly go beyond a scenario where Goku is literally fighting against Gods? It all seems a little bit 'end of the road' to me, and honestly, do we really want to be there right now?
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:45 am

Personally, I'm looking for something that's not in the Buu arc. I think it'd a breath of fresh air to re-visit a different portion of the series, and from the vibe I'm getting, it's not a direct sequel.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:45 am

TOEI's cash-cow aka DBZ films.

Every fanboyism in me just got destroyed watchin BOG. Now, again....

I'm actually a nice guy. I forgave TOEI after GT. Did the same for Kai (Part 1). Then, for every half-baked projects they did like Yo! Son Goku, Episode of Bardock, PTETS. BoG was atrocious, while Kai (Part2) just flushed out every hope DBZ franchise had.

Absolutely prepared to tear apart next DBZ film in my review.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:48 am

Blade wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:I can't imagine this being anything other than a BoGs sequel. I mean why make a movie with an entirely new story after you just made BoGs and left it on a major cliffhanger? It's got to be a sequel.
It wasn't really a cliffhanger, it was just left open. Frankly, I'd prefer something fresh that covers new ground as opposed to continuing with the 'God' theme for now, as that can always be revisited later. I mean, how can you possibly go beyond a scenario where Goku is literally fighting against Gods? It all seems a little bit 'end of the road' to me, and honestly, do we really want to be there right now?
Extremely open. Whis saying Beerus will wake up again in 2 years along with the mentioning of 12 universes. I'd love to see more of this explored. I seriously don't want something that takes place before this as any kind of threat in it wouldn't make me feel anything knowing there are much much stronger opponents out there.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:52 am

For me personally it the fact that this film was something he wanted to do during the Manga's serialisation that has gotten me really intrigued/excited. Anyone want to take a stab at predicting which point of time it's set in? :lol:.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:03 am

I wouldlike a decent connection Form Z to GT. I am sure more people would appreciate GT then.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BojGrass
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BojGrass » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:04 am

Hujio wrote:Personally, I'm looking for something that's not in the Buu arc. I think it'd a breath of fresh air to re-visit a different portion of the series, and from the vibe I'm getting, it's not a direct sequel.
I'm curious to which parts Hujio? Anything specific? The main time frame I always wanted to kind of see was the seven years between the Cell Games and the beginning of the Buu arc or like I said earlier something post-Z/pre-GT, but that's getting into the Buu realm. The five (?) years between Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z also has interested me as of late. I don't know why though.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:05 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Blade wrote:
Extremely open. Whis saying Beerus will wake up again in 2 years along with the mentioning of 12 universes. I'd love to see more of this explored. I seriously don't want something that takes place before this as any kind of threat in it wouldn't make me feel anything knowing there are much much stronger opponents out there.
I agree with this to a certain degree. I personally don't mind them leaving the Battle of Gods direct sequel to a later date if they want to tell an original story - I just want the film to take place after Battle of Gods. I think that's important because as you said... if they gave us a film, say, randomly placed in the Cell saga - it wouldn't make much sense. It would kill a bit of my hype, considering we've just had Beerus who would obviously be much stronger!

What I'm hoping for is an original story, that picks up after the events in Battle of Gods, with maybe a couple of references back to a Battle of Gods sequel in future. Maybe a couple hints towards the end? Even if someone just acknowledges that they fought Beerus, that would be enough for me! Then in a couple of years, give us the sequel!

It would be a great shame if they never returned to the BOG story, though I don't think this will be the case. The 12 universes was genuinely interesting and even so far into this series, still made me feel like we had so many avenues to explore.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:06 am

My opinion is that this movie may take place after the Cell Saga at Krillin's marriage with Android 18.
My thought is based on Toriyama's previous interviews about BoG & the image with Goku doing the Instant Transmission technique.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:20 am

Hujio wrote:Personally, I'm looking for something that's not in the Buu arc. I think it'd a breath of fresh air to re-visit a different portion of the series, and from the vibe I'm getting, it's not a direct sequel.
Whilst from a personal fan perspective I'd like to see them revisit another earlier area in the story, I'd say that it's probably unlikely as it could be potentially alienating for the cinema-going 'casual' fan. I mean, if people have seen Battle of Gods and have the whole thing fresh in their minds, it could be a little disorientating to suddenly throw them back in somewhere else.

If you consider Battle of Gods to be the base point from which to move the franchise on through film, surely you'd want to use the setting as an anchor to map new narrative events onto? Whilst that doesn't necessarily have to be a direct sequel to the events of Battle of Gods, it may be beneficial to keep things on the same track.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:54 am

Sleeping on it, with them in the middle of the Buu arc of Kai, even if it's before BOG I can't see it take place any earlier than the Buu arc era because that's what's being promoted right now. A Cell era arc movie would seem out of place at the moment.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JeffJarrett
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by JeffJarrett » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:55 am

kei17 wrote:Didn't Toriyama say that Vegeta would be the protagonist in the next movie? That image of only Goku makes me worry.
Super Saiyan God Vegeta!!!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:01 am

I wonder if we'll get another SSJ form. Hoping for SSJ3 Vegeta, a canon Gogeta or a Future Trunks return.