Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by Hujio » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:57 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Or just a reference to the new Shueshia (is it Shueshia?) logo sequence.
Actually, it's romanized as Shueisha (or rather technically, Shuueisha).

But yeah, that definitely resembles Toei's "wave on the rocks" opening sequence, which is separate from Toei Animation's, who has their own sequence featuring their cat mascot, Pero. And unless Shueisha solely commissioned the animation from Toei Animation, like they did with the Jump Super Anime Tour, then their logo doesn't appear as part of the opening sequence; they're typically just given credit as a property holder in the closing credits.

Toei Opening Sequence

Toei Animation Opening Sequence
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Big Momma wrote:I love how people call Toriyama lazy. The man released a chapter nearly every single week for nearly 10 years (Not counting Dr. Slump) Still came back occasionally to do small things for the series over the next ten years, and has recently "taken the helm" (so to speak) on these past two movies, re-writing scripts and helping with all sorts of Pre-Production/story things. He's gone back and re-read his own series to make sure he's as accurate as he can be (Even if he's still seemed to have forgotten a few things here and there), and added all sorts of things to the Dragon Ball mythos we wouldn't have even imagined 10 years ago.

But, sure. Because Freeza's new form is a beefed up color swap (The type of simplicity we should be expecting anyway), he's lazy. Cool.
Are you suggesting that having a normal mangaka schedule until 1995, and only doing small things and collaborating with stuff after that, is proof that he works very hard?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:05 pm

rereboy wrote: Are you suggesting that having a normal mangaka schedule until 1995, and only doing small things and collaborating with stuff after that, is proof that he works very hard?
Much harder than Yoshihiro Togashi and some others. No doubt.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:07 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
rereboy wrote: Are you suggesting that having a normal mangaka schedule until 1995, and only doing small things and collaborating with stuff after that, is proof that he works very hard?
Much harder than Yoshihiro Togashi and some others.
Sure. It was never suggested he was the laziest of them all. However, Yoshihiro Togashi is not a good example since he has health issues.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:07 pm

rereboy wrote:Are you suggesting that having a normal mangaka schedule until 1995, and only doing small things and collaborating with stuff after that, is proof that he works very hard?
"I wish to submit my agreement with this statement."

And I should say, working for over 10 years does not mean he must do these lazy things nowadays. Changing Freeza's fourth form from white to gold is indeed lazy, unless it has a deep meaning, which apparently not.
Working for over 10 years is not an excuse for him to make Dragon Ball Minus so bad as it indeed is. He provided a wonderful job on Jaco, why can't he come up with something good for Freeza? Because he worked for over 10 years?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:19 pm

Dyno wrote: And I should say, working for over 10 years does not mean he must do these lazy things nowadays. Changing Freeza's fourth form from white to gold is indeed lazy, unless it has a deep meaning, which apparently not.
Freeza Final Form is his true form. There was not point in making something over the top. That's why Freeza is calling it "evolution" instead "transformation" in first place.
I don't like the color scheme either, but I understand where Toriyama is going. It can be described as the "super saiyan" form of his race.

And like people already said here, gold and purple are colors connected to royalty. Seeing things that way, fits his character indeed.
However, if this is a "deep" meaning or not its up to you.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:59 pm

I find it funny that people are calling this new form or evolution I should say "lazy", yet we had "lazy" things in the past, SS2, Buu's epic final form being a mere child? Mystic Gohan, Piccolo and fusing twice without a seemingly changing appearance and I hardly see people compain about them. I don't know why people are always expecting something grandiose, especially after SSG too. It is not "lazy" it is just the way he does things.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I find it funny that people are calling this new form or evolution I should say "lazy", yet we had "lazy" things in the past, SS2, Buu's epic final form being a mere child? Mystic Gohan, Piccolo and fusing twice without a seemingly changing appearance and I hardly see people compain about them. I don't know why people are always expecting something grandiose, especially after SSG too. It is not "lazy" it is just the way he does things.
you know what would have been lazy? Copying Cooler's final form. People might not like Golden Freeza but nobody predicted it either.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm

radrappy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I find it funny that people are calling this new form or evolution I should say "lazy", yet we had "lazy" things in the past, SS2, Buu's epic final form being a mere child? Mystic Gohan, Piccolo and fusing twice without a seemingly changing appearance and I hardly see people compain about them. I don't know why people are always expecting something grandiose, especially after SSG too. It is not "lazy" it is just the way he does things.
you know what would have been lazy? Copying Cooler's final form. People might not like Golden Freeza but nobody predicted it either.
It's a palette swap of Cooler's base form, they have the same face now.

Honestly if someone had drawn Golden Freeza a month ago and posted on the fan art forum, there would be absolutely no one giving him any praise for it.
Last edited by The Monkey King on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Talking about Cooler's fourth form...

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Never cared about Cooler, but comparing them now... Cooler, why do you have a badass design and your brother doesn't? :eh:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:17 pm

radrappy wrote:
I thought about this before and that would be godlike trolling. People reaction woul be hilarious.
And Toriyama being like "Coola is somehow canon now".

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Dyno wrote:Talking about Cooler's fourth form...

More like Rated T. Freeza and Coola are too violent, and scary for usual Pokemon.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Cooler is cooler than Freeza, and I didn't just say that for the pun.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Tunjevina

Post by Tunjevina » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Golden Freeza already grew on me a lot, I must say that I'm impressed with his new look, this probably is my new favorite villain (character) design, he looks so badass imo :)

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Cooler is cooler than Freeza.
From now on, he officially is. :wink:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm

The only shot I like of Golden Freeza is the one where he just finishes transforming. All the other ones look pretty bad, and it's not because of the purple alone, but that damn dark yellow/gold on his limbs.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Dyno wrote:Talking about Cooler's fourth form...

I was thinking this. So glad someone made it. :lol:
Dyno wrote:Never cared about Cooler, but comparing them now... Cooler, why do you have a badass design and your brother doesn't? :eh:
Because he's Cooler.
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Tunjevina wrote:Golden Freeza already grew on me a lot, I must say that I'm impressed with his new look, this probably is my new favorite villain (character) design, he looks so badass imo :)
It has done some growing on me too, I especially like the different shades of gold he is rocking.

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Golden Frieza is certainly a surprise. Didn't know what to think at first, but I'm really enjoying the concept of the design now; it's kinda neat how his brother gets silver, and Frieza gets gold (now if I can keep a certain Burl Ives song out of my head now...) but I appreciate the irony more than anything :D I love that.

I just wish Frieza was more SHINY like Cooler, with all of that elaborate, reflective-looking, and stark shading/highlights. Unfortunately I doubt they'll ever put that much level of detail in a Dragonball movie nowadays.
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.