Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:02 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The dub version premiered yesterday at a second red carpet event.
I see.. I thought they were at some convention, promoting the movie, but they also premiered the dub version, huh.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:43 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Madman realized how far they should spread the release of F. NT gets it. I will thank my pestering of their Facebook page for that. I have about a dozen friends that will come see it. Any word whether this will be in Australian theaters just one day or longer?
Well from what I've seen from theatre websites such as Hoyts and Event Cinemas it looks like it varies with theatres. Hoyts are showing it for a week, Event Cinemas are showing it for 4 days (In English dub 2D & 3D and in original Japanese dub). Village Cinemas haven't revealed for how long they're showing it for but it'll be released in both 2D and 3D (English dub). I've seen some independent theatres showing it for two weeks!

http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view ... rection-f- lists 49 theatres across the country that are showing the film. Battle of Gods was only shown in 12 theatres across the country for 1-4 days (depending on the theatre). Madman have really gone all out with this one.

Hell, there might even be more theatres that just haven't been listed yet. Keep checking the link above or http://dragonballz.com.au/cinemas for where they're showing the film. I wouldn't be surprised if the film also gets encore screenings.
Cheers for all the Madman updates. I'm glad someone's keeping up with it all. Academy Cinemas in Auckland, New Zealand is actually doing encore screenings of Battle of Gods to go along with the new film. It's also the only theatre in this country that's showing it subbed. :|
http://academycinemas.co.nz/Coming-Soon ... le-of-gods
Also interesting to note that the Event Cinemas page is using the correct spelling of 'Freeza', along with 'Beers' as opposed to 'Beerus'.

The Embassy (my nearest theatre) is having two screenings on consecutive days. Seriously considering going to both, since my friend can only do the second day and I kinda wanna watch it with a bigger crowd on the first. Either way, it's still over a month out and I can see seats filling up for both sessions. :shock: So with any luck they should both be close to sell-outs. Should be a way better experience than last year, although I have mixed feelings about it being screened exclusively in 3D. At least it means we're in a better cinema this time, the Paramount is pretty awful. Hopefully Madman's bringing posters again, as well. :D

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:17 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Madman realized how far they should spread the release of F. NT gets it. I will thank my pestering of their Facebook page for that. I have about a dozen friends that will come see it. Any word whether this will be in Australian theaters just one day or longer?
Well from what I've seen from theatre websites such as Hoyts and Event Cinemas it looks like it varies with theatres. Hoyts are showing it for a week, Event Cinemas are showing it for 4 days (In English dub 2D & 3D and in original Japanese dub). Village Cinemas haven't revealed for how long they're showing it for but it'll be released in both 2D and 3D (English dub). I've seen some independent theatres showing it for two weeks!

http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view ... rection-f- lists 49 theatres across the country that are showing the film. Battle of Gods was only shown in 12 theatres across the country for 1-4 days (depending on the theatre). Madman have really gone all out with this one.

Hell, there might even be more theatres that just haven't been listed yet. Keep checking the link above or http://dragonballz.com.au/cinemas for where they're showing the film. I wouldn't be surprised if the film also gets encore screenings.
Cheers for all the Madman updates. I'm glad someone's keeping up with it all. Academy Cinemas in Auckland, New Zealand is actually doing encore screenings of Battle of Gods to go along with the new film. It's also the only theatre in this country that's showing it subbed. :|
http://academycinemas.co.nz/Coming-Soon ... le-of-gods
Also interesting to note that the Event Cinemas page is using the correct spelling of 'Freeza', along with 'Beers' as opposed to 'Beerus'.

The Embassy (my nearest theatre) is having two screenings on consecutive days. Seriously considering going to both, since my friend can only do the second day and I kinda wanna watch it with a bigger crowd on the first. Either way, it's still over a month out and I can see seats filling up for both sessions. :shock: So with any luck they should both be close to sell-outs. Should be a way better experience than last year, although I have mixed feelings about it being screened exclusively in 3D. At least it means we're in a better cinema this time, the Paramount is pretty awful. Hopefully Madman's bringing posters again, as well. :D
I hope Madman release free posters again but there's a part of me saying that it's not going to happen due to the large scale of the release this time around. I'll ask them on Twitter if they're doing it.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:04 am

Just a little question for those who saw Battle of Gods theatrically last year. Were there any trailers before the movie? Or did it just go straight to the movie?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 am

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
Bullza wrote:They need to get a move on with announcing some release dates for the movie in Europe.

France? Italy? Spain? Germany? UK? Russia?
In Spain, it'll be around November. I don't remember the exact date, but it was announced by the distributor around two months ago.
From 5th to 9th November.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:15 am

Didn't know where to bring this up, but should there be a RoF Kanzenshuu meet up thread since tickets were on sale not to long ago? Or has the spark of the first meet up died down since BoG?

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:38 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The dub version premiered yesterday at a second red carpet event.
I see.. I thought they were at some convention, promoting the movie, but they also premiered the dub version, huh.
Yeah. There was a red carpet event last night. I ended up being there and taking some video. I also did a dub review today. I'm really excited for August when everyone gets to see it and give their thoughts on the dub, too. But, except for one line about what exactly Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is, it's pretty much exactly what you can expect from a FUNi DBZ dub today. Having Chris Ayres as Freeza really helped!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Curious how exactly did they handle what SSGSS was?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Curious how exactly did they handle what SSGSS was?
He explains in the dub review in the link.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:21 pm

My bad.

Instead of "I've combined Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God" like we've been used to saying, it's more along the lines of, "I experienced something called Super Saiyan God and I've learned to tap into its power." It makes it sound different than the Japanese explanation. I can use some mental gymnastics to bring it back to the Japanese meaning, but most people taking it at face value might consider it as something different altogether.
(they/she)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Oh wow they made it even more confusing now, so FUNi's line seems to imply that it is basically a Mastered Super Saiyan God or something similar? At least they didn't refer to it as SSGSS by name that's a plus.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Well it's not that bad, and the core idea is still the same: Goku's simply using Super Saiyan to channel Super Saiyan God's power.

It'd be much more misleading if FUNi's wording made it sound like he was combining them to make something even stronger, or whatever.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:33 pm

So far, I'm liking the dialogue much more in the dub than in the original.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:30 pm

Kaboom wrote:Well it's not that bad, and the core idea is still the same: Goku's simply using Super Saiyan to channel Super Saiyan God's power.

It'd be much more misleading if FUNi's wording made it sound like he was combining them to make something even stronger, or whatever.
That's pretty much how I see it, too. They just explained it in a really weird way.
(they/she)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:39 pm

That does sound like it's worded kind of confusingly, but since I already know what the translation itself says in Japanese, I'm good.

I think a lot of it does go back to them going with calling the cute magenta-haired form "super saiyajin god" instead of just "saiyajin god", but then you could also argue at the time how were they to know they'd be doing another movie and that a blueper saiyan would even exist.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:03 pm

Chuquita wrote: I think a lot of it does go back to them going with calling the cute magenta-haired form "super saiyajin god" instead of just "saiyajin god", but then you could also argue at the time how were they to know they'd be doing another movie and that a blueper saiyan would even exist.
They can fix this in Super, if they want.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:40 pm

They aren't going to rebrand the forms and screw up all their merchandise and stuff. it wouldn't be worth it for them.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

hexcode99

Post by hexcode99 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Thought about posting a long drawn out post but seeing as this thread has died down a lot I do not see the point. But overall, as a fan of Freeza I was left disappointed by this movie.

1. Freeza was never a REAL threat to Goku/Vegeta.
(there was about as much "Revenge" in this movie as Cooler's "Revenge")
2. How lazy can you be to give Freeza's new form the same weakness his 100% form had?
(he took the time to master his 4th form but didn't master his new form?)
3. Master Roshi's used his full power buff form but Freeza's 100% full power buff form was ignored?
(how cool would it have been to have Freeza go to 100% full power and say to Goku "Now, where were we?")
4. What the hell was the point of King Cold being introduced as a character even being talked about in this movie and not reviving him too?
(King Cold never even got a chance to showcase his power... I am sure he would have wanted some revenge too.)
5. Why not allow Freeza's character to evolve and realize he can't win the fight and leave and return later on after additional training?
(instead he makes a fool of himself as his power drains more and more and is left on his knees to be vaporized.)

Wish I could have consulted on this movie... :evil:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:42 pm

hexcode99 wrote:Thought about posting a long drawn out post but seeing as this thread has died down a lot I do not see the point. But overall, as a fan of Freeza I was left disappointed by this movie.

1. Freeza was never a REAL threat to Goku/Vegeta.
On the flip side, people would call BS on Freezer being more powerful/threatening in just 4 months of training.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:59 pm

To those who saw the dub premiere at AX, was Maximum The Hormone's F in the dub?
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)