Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:55 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Out of curiosity, how old are you UK folks and roughly whereabouts are you situated? Would be cool to at least say hi or grab a drink or something if there's a bunch of us near one of the showings.

Or...I mean, we could be typically british and antisocial! :lol:
Haha!!
I'm 20 & live and go Uni in the best place on Earth, Birmingham :P

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Nice! I'm 21 and from Surrey but I'm at uni in Stafford so I'm only a short train away from Birmingham. From reading the thread, seems we got a fair few people in the midlands area!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:06 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Out of curiosity, how old are you UK folks and roughly whereabouts are you situated? Would be cool to at least say hi or grab a drink or something if there's a bunch of us near one of the showings.

Or...I mean, we could be typically british and antisocial! :lol:
That would be cool. I'd love to be in a screening with a room full of DBZ fans...dream! Closest I've got to that is the 10 people in the screening of Dragonball Evolution :lol:

I'd feel disappointed if I went to like London, Scotland or somewhere and came back without talking to any other fans who'd made the effort to get to the screening! Birmingham seems to be a popular location for it... seen a few fans now saying they're from that area and would love a screening there.

I'm 21 anyway, but live in South Shields, near Newcastle. Quite happy to travel a bit to see it though if I have to. In all honesty I'd probably face a struggle getting a friend to come with me.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Well, that's cool! We're all similar ages then. I imagine we could easily get a good group together for a screening. Just need some dates now!

Deadtuber.

Jodaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jodaku » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Well, I feel like a Granddad compared to you guys at 28, but I'm in Birmingham too. Depending on what date the showings fall on, I'll be up for meeting up if you don't mind an old geezer tagging along. :lol:

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm 21 and from Nottingham, currently studying at university in Sheffield though. So yeah, I'd go and see it if a group of people set something up, I kinda don't have any friends that'd see it with me :oops:

SsjRavi

Post by SsjRavi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Soo hyped about this announcement!

I am 21 from London and studying at Brunel university, hopefully there is a fan meet up nearby ^.^
"No. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is the art of killing. Whatever pretty words you use to speak of it, this is its true nature. What Miss Kaoru says are the words of one who has never dirtied her hands. An idealistic joke. But, I like Miss Kaoru's idealism better than its true nature. If one can ask so much, I want the world to accept this joke as its true nature."
- Himura Kenshin

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:22 pm

Guys. That YouTube link I posted a page back, one of the folks at Manga said November 10th the DVD/Blu.

Sweet. Everyone is more or less the same age here :)
Jodaku wrote:Well, I feel like a Granddad compared to you guys at 28, but I'm in Birmingham too. Depending on what date the showings fall on, I'll be up for meeting up if you don't mind an old geezer tagging along. :lol:
Course not lol more the merrier!

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm 21 (turning 22 in a few days) and live in east London. If there's a meet up I'de try and be there for sure.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Nice! I'm 21 and from Surrey but I'm at uni in Stafford so I'm only a short train away from Birmingham. From reading the thread, seems we got a fair few people in the midlands area!

Guys, I can get cheap airplane tickets for Liverpool or London Stanstead... Would be cool to go with Kanzenshuuers if I do fly out there.

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 am

14....... jesus I hope there's a showing near me ;_;
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 am

Amazing news! I'll definitely see if I can make it to one of the screenings if my work/study schedule permits!

If there's something in Manchester, then that's really easy for me to get to.
Last edited by Blade on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:01 am

It'd be pretty cool to meet up with some forum members on here. It'd be awesome if they have a showing somewhere near Stoke-On-Trent since I'll be moving back there in September (Which will be weird moving back and not being a Uni student any more) but if not, hopefully there will be a showing in Birmingham (Hopefully at the IMAX).

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:03 am

Jodaku wrote:Well, I feel like a Granddad compared to you guys at 28, but I'm in Birmingham too. Depending on what date the showings fall on, I'll be up for meeting up if you don't mind an old geezer tagging along. :lol:
To be honest, as a 24 year old I expected that most people would be younger than me, but I know for a fact that there's a lot of older UK fans on here too.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 am

I'm 21 and living in York. I'd be happy to meet up with anyone going to a screening that's not too far away.

neowl

Post by neowl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 am

26 Year old West Londoner, reporting for duty. I'd be up for a meetup for a viewing of the film. Here's hoping that the IMAX version get brought over here, how awesome would that be?!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:54 am

I'm 24 living in London but wouldn't watch it in a theatre as they'd probably play the dub rather than a subtitled version, I ain't much of excited to see Battle of Gods which is why I'm still waiting for FUNimation to release the damn thing on Blu-ray. I honestly don't trust Manga UK to release high quality products because their ones tend to be inferior in some technical aspect or another compared to the original source they got it from.

Like for example, Sword Art Online the US Blu-rays have better picture quality than the UK BDs.

By the way, with the price of PS3s lowering it's a good way to make a Region Free Blu-ray Player out of it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:04 am

Okay it's time to speculate!
MangaUK done a similar theatrical run last year for Wolf Children (Which was out on BD/DVD Dec 23 2013) and here were the dates/showings:
http://www.mangauk.com/post.php?p=wolf- ... reenings-2 and the ranged from late- October to early November.
Assuming they use this similar model, nearest showing to me would be in Nottingham/Leicester. That's not too bad, and they did say they're not going to crazy for the theatrical run.
So, what do you guys think?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:33 am

I'd imagine they'd go a little farther for something as popular as Dragon Ball. However, if they do happen to come out with similar listings, I'd be at the London showing without a doubt. It's the most convenient for me plus the Rex cinema is beautiful.

Deadtuber.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 am

Yeah, I was thinking that too, hopefully they can add a few more in the Midlands area, then that would be perfect!