Dragon Ball and One Piece sharing panel at Jump Festa?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball and One Piece sharing panel at Jump Festa?

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:24 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I would not be surprised if Greg knows the title of DB15 movie already.
Neither would I.

PS I forgot this name and tried to make an account. Apologies to admins.

I also forgot you had an account here.

The suspense is something else. X3
The nebulous existence of a title still makes me anxious for news.

Greatly looking forward to hearing the OPP's coverage for Jump Festa, and best wishes if you do get to be one of the panel guests!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:35 am

Greg... as in Greg Werner of The Ultimate DBZ uh... something, something :crazy: something... Site? Who later became creator of a one piece site... uh... what was it called again?

And is that who Omae no Kaasan is to or something?

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:20 am

Retan wrote:Greg... as in Greg Werner of The Ultimate DBZ uh... something, something :crazy: something... Site? Who later became creator of a one piece site... uh... what was it called again?

And is that who Omae no Kaasan is to or something?
Exactly who he is. Surprised he (you if you're reading it Greg/Omae no Kaasan - that username is hilarious) managed to log in, err remember your login details, would be a better way to word that.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:14 am

:shock: Well that's kinda cool, as I used to read his um... site.

But seriously how come he knows the title of DBZ2015 movie, is he famous over there or something, I know he got a drawing of himself crying by Oda (Congrats dude that is truly outstanding :thumbup:), but, uh not much else to go on here on why he would know it. Unless Oda told him?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:37 am

Greg works for Shueisha now, that's probably how he knows. He writes a bi-monthly One Piece column for them.
Here's the website: https://one-piece.com/special/greg/

He is famous in Japan. In the One Piece Podcast Goes to Japan documentary the OPP did, he was recognized on the street by upwards of 77 different occasions if I remember right.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:55 am

Really cool, he always was a very good and entertaining writer.

I'm guessing he'll never be able to tell us what the title is though until it's released to the puplic huh, because he could get sued or something, right?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Yeah, he's gotta keep it under wraps. It's the same as anyone else who works for them and knows the movie's title.

Knowing they have a title now makes me hopeful news appears sooner than later though.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omae no kaasan
OMG ULTIMATE DBZ INF0RZ D00D

Post by omae no kaasan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:20 pm

It's Toriyama. It's Dragon Ball. Expect bigger, better and moar power than before. Nothing you guys didn't already know but...yeah.

Also, just fyi, Oda didn't draw that pic of me gushing tears. That was the podcast's own Steve Yurko. However, Oda-san did draw Luffy impersonating me which is somehow even more humbling.

I'm not a part of any panels (not as far as I know anyway) but I will be there for work and for fun!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Was the impersonation in the actual one piece manga? What was it of him/you doing?

I will say this about Oda; he at least seems to care a lot about his work, and the things/people around him, unlike Toriyama, who seems to like his work more now, then when he was actually drawing the darn thing, :lol: (not sure if that's 100% accurate though.)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 pm

omae no kaasan wrote:It's Toriyama. It's Dragon Ball. Expect bigger, better and moar power than before. Nothing you guys didn't already know but...yeah.

Also, just fyi, Oda didn't draw that pic of me gushing tears. That was the podcast's own Steve Yurko. However, Oda-san did draw Luffy impersonating me which is somehow even more humbling.

I'm not a part of any panels (not as far as I know anyway) but I will be there for work and for fun!
The DB15 news cheers me up. Thank you. :3

Hope you have a great time at Jump Festa! Looking forward to the OPP's coverage of the event; I've followed your Jump Festa coverage in the past and it's always been really good. :3
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!