Learn Japanese with Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Re: Learn Japanese with Dragon Ball

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:44 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It's like me saying that I can speak perfect Spanish by watching Dora the Explorer :roll: .
How is the level of Spanish they teach? The Spanish dubbed versions of Dora the Explorer teach English, and I once had to sit through half an episode and I try not to laugh.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:54 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:It's like me saying that I can speak perfect Spanish by watching Dora the Explorer :roll: .
How is the level of Spanish they teach? The Spanish dubbed versions of Dora the Explorer teach English, and I once had to sit through half an episode and I try not to laugh.
Not much if anything I mean the shows target audience is 3. After that most kids get frustrated by how slow it moves and how simple the questions are.
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:04 pm

I tried learning Japanese before, my problem was I have a short attention span and there's no classes for it here, I had to do work for REAL classes, so I always forgot or just moved onto something else. I'm getting back on it now though, I've memorised hiragana before but it was with stupid stuff like "か looks like a camel, falling into a volcano! お looks like an Ox spitting!" but now I'm just writing the letters over and over while speaking them, seems like the better way...

There's more learning apps and games too, stuff like Influent gets you memorising household objects, Human Japanese helps with grammer. I've learned some stuff from Dragon Ball, animals and some kanji at least, maybe some sentence structure.

Plus who here CAN'T write 亀?