Bootleg Korean DVDs screenshots

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Bootleg Korean DVDs screenshots

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Original Thread: http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8510804/1/

Early this year I bought a DB Korean boxset that included ALL the DB episodes in Korean dub(I'm half Black and Half Korean for anyone that's curious. I doubt it though) and JPN subbed. It's a great boxset to own. I plan on passing it down to my son when I marry my girlfriend in 7 years and we have kids. The quality of that boxset was equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox(I'm assuming as I've never seen the DB Dragonbox). As great as that package was, it made me want the DBZ one to give to my cousin for Xmas this year! He'll be shocked as he never seen DBZ before. Only Dragonball. I order this boxset around early November and I'm received it today as the shipper didn't see my order. Now the quality of this boxset is not as good as the original Dragonball boxset that I owned. Sadly the quality is very inconsistent. I'm not disappointed however because it's the FULL series in one boxset. I could't be more happy. I took some screenshots of the Dragonball Z boxset and will like to show them to you. Give opinions if you want. I was going to post these on Ajaylikesgaming's Screenshot thread but I don't think he allows bootleg. I already know a major con will be that it's in 16:3 but that doesn't bother me no more. The original Dragonball bootleg Korean dvds were in 16:3 also.
On a scale to 1-10 please rate them. My Personal favorites are these two.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: Bootleg Korean DVDs screenshots

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Original Thread: http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8510804/1/

Early this year I bought a DB Korean boxset that included ALL the DB episodes in Korean dub(I'm half Black and Half Korean for anyone that's curious. I doubt it though) and JPN subbed. It's a great boxset to own. I plan on passing it down to my son when I marry my girlfriend in 7 years and we have kids. The quality of that boxset was equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox(I'm assuming as I've never seen the DB Dragonbox).
These screen shots look horrible. I would not suggest exposing your future child to this crap, I really don't see how you can think these look good. They're stretched out and have contrast issues. I really have no idea what the official Korean home release looks like, but it has to be better than this.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeah, this is utter trash. It's also 16:9 not 16:3. Not even cropped, just stretched.

Compression artifacts, over contrasted and saturated. This is borderline unwatchable garbage.

I award every screenshot 0.
The quality of that boxset was equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox(I'm assuming as I've never seen the DB Dragonbox).
No, no it's not.
Last edited by Ajay on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:29 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Yeah, this is utter trash. It's also 16:9 not 16:3. Not even cropped, just stretched.

Compression artifacts, over contrasted and saturated. This is borderline unwatchable garbage.

I award every screenshot 0.
The quality of that boxset was equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox(I'm assuming as I've never seen the DB Dragonbox).
No, not it's not.
During that portion I'm referring to Dragonball not the DBZ screen shots that I took.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
No, not it's not.
It literally looks just like those over-filtered "DBZ HDEEE 4K BRAH" videos on Youtube.
TheGmGoken wrote:During that portion I'm referring to Dragonball not the DBZ screen shots that I took.
No one has any way of verifying that without screenshots, my friend.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:35 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:
No, not it's not.
It literally looks just like those over-filtered "DBZ HDEEE 4K BRAH" videos on Youtube.
TheGmGoken wrote:During that portion I'm referring to Dragonball not the DBZ screen shots that I took.
No one has any way of verifying that without screenshots, my friend.
True. I'll get on it later this week! I'll like yall quality judgers judge it.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:09 am

If the audio quality is good, you should try syncing it up/muxing it with Dragon Box footage.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:14 am

This looks like that garbage from YouTube advertised as "UltraHD DBZ 8K!!" so no, but there's something beneficial about it, if the audio quality of the Korean dub is good then use it for the JP/US/ES Dragon Boxes (whichever ones you have).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:29 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Original Thread: http://dbzf.co.uk/topic/8510804/1/

Early this year I bought a DB Korean boxset that included ALL the DB episodes in Korean dub(I'm half Black and Half Korean for anyone that's curious. I doubt it though) and JPN subbed. It's a great boxset to own. I plan on passing it down to my son when I marry my girlfriend in 7 years and we have kids. The quality of that boxset was equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox(I'm assuming as I've never seen the DB Dragonbox).
These screen shots look horrible. I would not suggest exposing your future child to this crap, I really don't see how you can think these look good. They're stretched out and have contrast issues. I really have no idea what the official Korean home release looks like, but it has to be better than this.
Korea never released DB, Z, GT, or the movies on DvDs as far as my knowledge. However they've gave away VHS tapes.
I'm not a quality craze so these (mostly the Cell Arc ones) look great in my opinion. Perhaps to someone who understand video quality it's shit. But to the average Joe like myself. It's not a big deal. I'll post the DragonBAll screen shots. Maybe you'll like them better.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm not sure why you're promoting a (poor) bootleg set on a site like Kanzenshuu.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:11 pm

sangofe wrote:I'm not sure why you're promoting a (poor) bootleg set on a site like Kanzenshuu.
Because we got threads like these:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=22250
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=27337

Here's the Dragonball Bootlegs I mentioned earlier. It's made by a different guy. Here's some screen-shots and I'll like to hear you opinions on this DragonBALL one. On a scale of 1-10 once again. These are the ones that I assumed were ripped from the Dragonbox as I know for sure that the DBZ Korean bootlegs were not ripped from the DBoxes(As I own all the DBZ dragonboxes). Here's a poorly edited synced opening that the boxset offered. I'm guessing he changed the opening because the Korean one edited Yamcha out. That's why Yamcha is in the intro as the original Korean dub removed him from the intro due to anti-Japan. Something similar happened to Yajoribe. You can view here. Please note it's not the full intro. I shorten it by 10 seconds. http://youtu.be/rBVFCP68RYA . No matter the setting(Korean or Japanese) it has the original opening with JPN credits. However the audio does change to the language you selected. Very strange :think: . This boxset just like the DBZ one is stretched from 4:9 to 16:3
[/spoiler]
Now as I did with the DBZ ones. Here's my two favorite screenshots from this boxset.
As said in the opening post. I find this boxset to be VERY superior to the DBZ bootleg boxset. Quality wise, boxsets, and overall presentation. I mostly enjoy the Korean Bootlegs for DBZ because it provides be the Korean audio that I need. I don't care for quality as some of you here do so IMO the quality is awesome for the DBZ one. I'll probably say that about everything even if it's 240p that have boosted colours like crazy. I did do my own remaster once but I don't wanna share them :sick: . However this bootleg boxset for DragonBALL(Not DBZ or DBGT) is my favorite boxset ever. You might not be a fan of the quality but you don't understand how happy I am to be able to watch Korean DB at any time I want.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:18 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Are you seriously looking at this picture and thinking "equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox"?
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Is this thread a joke? Surely it must be.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:34 pm

Adamant wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Are you seriously looking at this picture and thinking "equal or a bit below of that of the Dragonbox"?
Never seen the Dragonball Dbox. Notice I said I'm assuming.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:39 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Is this thread a joke? Surely it must be.
I don't really troll anymore. My apologies if I'm ignorant in terms of quality. As I'm not a quality freak. I actually wanted to share an item that means a lot to me. I guess I'm a bit to happy over these sets but there's more to these sets than just quality. I don't see how this is a joke.

Though I'm curious. What's wrong with this screenshot?

Looks pretty damn good to me. What's the issue?

Also read this:

As said in the opening post. I find this boxset to be VERY superior to the DBZ bootleg boxset. Quality wise, boxsets, and overall presentation. I mostly enjoy the Korean Bootlegs for DBZ because it provides be the Korean audio that I need. I don't care for quality as some of you here do so IMO the quality is awesome for the DBZ one. I'll probably say that about everything even if it's 240p that have boosted colours like crazy. I did do my own remaster once but I don't wanna share them :sick: . However this bootleg boxset for DragonBALL(Not DBZ or DBGT) is my favorite boxset ever. You might not be a fan of the quality but you don't understand how happy I am to be able to watch Korean DB at any time I want.

I'm not a video quality person. I don't complain about quality on most occasions. Sorry...

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:36 pm

Hmm. Right off the top of my head:

1. poor bitrate. That doesn't look as bad as some of the other shots you've posted but it's filled with artifacts.

2. That particular shot is actually cropped (unlike the others) as well as filtered more than the blue bricks. I don't mind grainless animation as much as some people but you're clearly missing detail.

3. color banding. you can see that with the light coming from... I think it's supposed to be the sun? in that shot.

I mean, if I just reset the aspect ratio in VLC or something I'd probably call that watchable on my computer but I'd never watch it on a TV. Comparing it to the dragon box is mad.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Why would you want a bootleg when the whole series is available?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Kids don't really care how good or bad the picture quality is as long as it's watchable they'll take it and that Dragon Ball screenshot looks very decent (not based of the Blue Bricks is it?).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Super Sonic wrote:Why would you want a bootleg when the whole series is available?
Read the original post. I got this to listen to DB in my naive language. Which is Korean. Korea never released DB on dvd only on VHS.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:26 pm

The colors of the first shot of Gohan (right before he's about to snap and turn SS2) look borderline decent, though it's still overly faded and cropped. I'd give it a 4/10. The other DBZ ones all receive zeros and ones from me.

For the Dragon Ball shots, some of them look okay, though I'm probably being overly generous. I'd say they all fall within the 2-5 range in terms of picture quality. The shots from the opening animation have lost too much grain and most of others look like they were sourced from a bad VHS rip.

If you're satisfied with these bootleg sets, then I'm happy for you. As for me, I feel fortunate that Funimation at least puts out discs that look semi-competent compared to these. Korean Dragon Ball fans have it rough...
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.