Language Survey 2014 [COMPLETE]

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Re: Language Survey 2014

Post by danielsan_190196 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Mexican Spanish for me :)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:28 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:I'd love to see Kanzenshuu start putting some English language history into their Website.. interviews, write ups, script comparisons etc etc. It can only help increase the knowledge database around here.
Having information about the history of different dubs of the series (in general) would be awesome. There are a few dubs whose history I'd love to know.
I could also contribute to the section.
There's no reason to limit to the FUNi English dub only when there's so much better out there. Cover 'em all because that'd make the worldwide fans appreciate it more rather than a dub they never heard, cared or liked.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:43 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
UltimateHammerBro wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:I'd love to see Kanzenshuu start putting some English language history into their Website.. interviews, write ups, script comparisons etc etc. It can only help increase the knowledge database around here.
Having information about the history of different dubs of the series (in general) would be awesome. There are a few dubs whose history I'd love to know.
I could also contribute to the section.
There's no reason to limit to the FUNi English dub only when there's so much better out there. Cover 'em all because that'd make the worldwide fans appreciate it more rather than a dub they never heard, cared or liked.
It's a lot easier to cover the FUNi dub because there's a lot of information about it. However, the good part is gathering information about less known dubs (and also different editions of the manga).
Maybe die-hard English dub fans won't appreciate it, but I'm sure Kanzenshuu would.
Also, Dragon Ball has a really interesting story regarding international emissions. I doubt that any other series, anime or not, has gone through so many different dubs, censorship, bootlegs, and weird translations.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:57 pm

The English Funimation dub for Kai is my preferred version.

DBGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBGod » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:53 pm

English Westwood dub :D
If you have any English recorded material and would like to put it to good use, please PM me!
"He's strong, oh he's strong alright. This is not good, hmmm...."

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:34 pm

DBGod wrote:English Westwood dub :D
I'm surprised it took this long to get an Ocean/Westwood cast vote! Glad at least someone out there enjoys it besides me.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:48 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
I'm surprised it took this long to get an Ocean/Westwood cast vote! Glad at least someone out there enjoys it besides me.
Where can you even watch it though? I've searched online for ages. I guess only Canadians can watch it on TV.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Korean (Tooniverse)

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:15 am

Japanese.
I don't really like the show as much as the comic though.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:21 am

LordCrumb wrote:Where can you even watch it though? I've searched online for ages. I guess only Canadians can watch it on TV.
It's out there...or it was a few years ago when I first came across it at least. It's a collection of VHS rips from various countries that got the dub. Obviously I can't provide you with any links publicly (or even privately due to uh...site issues).

Some look like this:
While others aren't so great:
I just kept it for old time's sake. It's quite nice to have on in the background when I'm doing other things. I've often considered creating a Dragon Box version using the audio but the amount of editing and syncing required just isn't worth my time. I don't care enough about the show in English to dedicate the hours (days, weeks).

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:37 am

I can't chose between Champ or Tooniverse for Korean dub.

MUST FLIP A COIN!!!!

Korean Toonivere wins :) . Who's the other Toonivere Korean fan? Didn't see anyone post Korean dub unless I overlooked it.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:52 am

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
LordCrumb wrote:Where can you even watch it though? I've searched online for ages. I guess only Canadians can watch it on TV.
It's out there...or it was a few years ago when I first came across it at least. It's a collection of VHS rips from various countries that got the dub. Obviously I can't provide you with any links publicly (or even privately due to uh...site issues).

Some look like this:
While others aren't so great:
I just kept it for old time's sake. It's quite nice to have on in the background when I'm doing other things. I've often considered creating a Dragon Box version using the audio but the amount of editing and syncing required just isn't worth my time. I don't care enough about the show in English to dedicate the hours (days, weeks).
Exactly.. it's one of those things that are only know to those 'in the know'.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:28 am

My viewing preferences for this franchise are a total cluster-fuck, but ultimately it's the Japanese Version .

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:35 am

Since I'm European, the US version is out by default. Not my taste.
Japanese version at any circumstances then, it is.

danielsan_190196
Beyond Newbie

Post by danielsan_190196 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:47 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:I can't chose between Champ or Tooniverse for Korean dub.

MUST FLIP A COIN!!!!

Korean Toonivere wins :) . Who's the other Toonivere Korean fan? Didn't see anyone post Korean dub unless I overlooked it.
DongHyun wrote:Korean (Tooniverse)

DBGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBGod » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Haha thank you! Yeah I love this dub the most, and I'm just glad I managed to put it on the front page to represent those who enjoy it a lot such as ourselves :D
If you have any English recorded material and would like to put it to good use, please PM me!

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm

This is really hard for me. I like Kai and Japanese Dragon Bal;, but... I don't know which one. Movies 1-3 Ocean Dub for sure though lol.

I guess I will just go with Japanese.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:04 pm

DBGod wrote:Haha thank you! Yeah I love this dub the most, and I'm just glad I managed to put it on the front page to represent those who enjoy it a lot such as ourselves :D
I was watching some of it today. It's so funny to me at times. The acting from Tenshinhan's voice is so bad. I uploaded the clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72OokLMi54

As soon as he lands 'Nooooooooooooooo!'. That shit has me in stitches every time. It's so good.

Deadtuber.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:30 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:I was watching some of it today. It's so funny to me at times. The acting from Tenshinhan's voice is so bad. I uploaded the clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72OokLMi54
:lol:

Not to go off topic, but who's Goku in this clip? It sounds really familiar, but it doesn't quite sound like Kirby Morrow to me (and I was pretty sure he didn't come on until the Boo arc anyway).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DBGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBGod » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:I was watching some of it today. It's so funny to me at times. The acting from Tenshinhan's voice is so bad. I uploaded the clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72OokLMi54
:lol:

Not to go off topic, but who's Goku in this clip? It sounds really familiar, but it doesn't quite sound like Kirby Morrow to me (and I was pretty sure he didn't come on until the Boo arc anyway).
Peter Kelamis.