What is the lamest thing to come out of modern DBZ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: What is the lamest thing to come out of modern DBZ?

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:The lamest thing about modern DB is the amount of people that complain angrily about modern DB.
And where would we be without that?
Probably as annoyed as Freeza in the Hell Garden
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:22 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:With all respect but it has to be Post BoG movie Akira Toriyama, his latest interview proves that he is really in a mentally bad shape, the fact Roshi got more focused than 50% of U7 is a big example of that.

In 2017, the likes of Tite Kubo and Hiro Mashima would be an upgrade for writing the outlines, at least we couldve gotten a better antagonist than Jiren.
So Roshi getting more focus than other stronger characters is an example of Toriyama's being in mentally bad shape? What's wrong with you?
I wouldn't say that's a "proof", but he got a point: Roshi passed the torch to the new generation in the 22nd TB arc and it feels off that he suddens wants to take take part of the action again, when we could actually see more Yamcha or Chaozu
The Roshi thing has nothing to do with mental health, it's disrespectful to correlate a decision you don't like in a fictional story (of a kids show) with mental illness.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Well, I can say I hated that "stamina", "strain", "worn out" were things throw to the plot that actually meant anything in last arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:07 pm

- Goku going Super Saiyan Red (God), Blue (God), Pink (Goku Black), Grey (UI thingy).
- Freeza reappearing too often.
- Jiren being sold as the baddest, meanest and toughest rival to Goku yet has no personality or charm.
- Goku Black is essentially just a clone of Tullece.
- Remaking the first two seasons of Dragon Ball Super with stuff that was already shown in movie form.
- Dragon Ball Super has some of the weakest, blandest, generic character designs in a Dragon Ball series.
- Hiring Sumitomo to compose all of the music for Dragon Ball series and movies.
- Dragon Ball Kai: The Final Chapters was a botched job.
- Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 is just Xenoverse 1.5 and its gameplay is straight up tiresome and repetitive.. a boring button-masher.
- Making a big deal out of Super Saiyan God Goku and then never giving a rats ass about him again.
- Super had a shitty series finale.
- Making a female version of Broly.. how unoriginal.

So.. there is lot of 'lame' stuff in Modern DB but I just can't point out to one. Modern DB to me has more cons than pros.
PFM18 wrote:The lamest thing about modern DB is the amount of people that complain angrily about modern DB.
Angrily? You seem so but pointing out shit that people don't like doesn't make them 'angry'. However, you might get pissed off reading criticism people have against Modern Dragon Ball.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Another lamest thing these days is "XV2 is just XV1.5".

As if the previous sequels made a big improvement to their original titles. :roll: As if the previous sequels had brought something new to the franchise instead of the bullshit "Raditz to Buu" without anything new, original or that had cool original character.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:Another lamest thing these days is "XV2 is just XV1.5".

As if the previous sequels made a big improvement to their original titles. :roll: As if the previous sequels had brought something new to the franchise instead of the bullshit "Raditz to Buu" without anything new, original or that had cool original character.
I have no clue what this means.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:55 pm

ABED wrote:

I have no clue what this means.
I'm not someone who keeps up with the video games, so take this with a grain of salt. But I believe he's saying that people complain that Xenoverse 2 doesn't really change up enough to meet the requirements of a full-fledged sequel. He is countering that by comparing to other Dragon Ball video games, most of which do nothing but rehash the old "Raditz to Boo" storylines.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:09 am

That is precisely what I meant.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:27 am

You are not so wrong :lol:

For me it's the sound effects. They lack power and feeling of overkill.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 am

Broly v2 (Kale) and Broly v3 (new movie).

I'm beyond sick of Broly, or various incarnations of Broly, being shoehorned into everything DB related. Yeah, I get that he's insanely popular and is going to guarantee profits, but that's not what I care about as a fan of this franchise.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:29 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Broly v2 (Kale) and Broly v3 (new movie).

I'm beyond sick of Broly, or various incarnations of Broly, being shoehorned into everything DB related. Yeah, I get that he's insanely popular and is going to guarantee profits, but that's not what I care about as a fan of this franchise.
DB is currently a company merchandise drivin product, not an author story drivin one like it was when the manga was being published so what we're getting now in terms of popularity pandering is what we'll continue to get in the future.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 pm

I could say a lot, but I just going to drop this pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Noah wrote:I could say a lot, but I just going to drop this pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
OK, That gave me one Hell of a Very Good Laugh! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:55 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:OK, That gave me one Hell of a Very Good Laugh! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Credits to https://twitter.com/RosauraGerissen she's the one who do these memes :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:06 am

Noah wrote:I could say a lot, but I just going to drop this pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I expected nothing less from the great Master Roshi. 8)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:24 am

tbf, like, the budokai games all got better gameplay as it went a long, and all had pretty different story modes. and like the budokai tenkaichi games i know got massively improved from 1 to 2.

i actually liked a lot of xenoverse 2 from what i remembered (havent played the game in like a year and half), but its not a big overhaul of the first one, which i think a lot of people wanted.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:01 am

The fanbase.

As with most things, they tend to ruin it.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:02 pm

The fact it's made people even stupider about how Ultimate works. It's supposed to look like your Base form with SS eyes, that's fucking it!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:24 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:The fact it's made people even stupider about how Ultimate works. It's supposed to look like your Base form with SS eyes, that's fucking it!
Oh those were good days when we speculated how 'Ultimate' works for Gohan, didn't expect Super to inspire in Budokai 3 and set as a transformation.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Noah wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:The fact it's made people even stupider about how Ultimate works. It's supposed to look like your Base form with SS eyes, that's fucking it!
Oh those were good days when we speculated how 'Ultimate' works for Gohan, didn't expect Super to inspire in Budokai 3 and set as a transformation.
Yeah, Super has eternally earned a spot on my shit list just for this and the creating droves of mouth breathing morons who think that Ultimate is both a form and one that always gives you a specific hair style.

I don't even like Gohan and this annoys me.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):