bootleg or the real deal? need help

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

bootleg or the real deal? need help

Post by sayian_nation_ » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:39 am

Hey I was wondering because I'm seeing these dvds floating around on ebay, are they bootleg? Is anyone familiar with these dvds?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Re: bootleg or the real deal? need help

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:39 am

That's a bootleg.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:42 am

Ok lol sorry to make a thread like this but I was interested in buying it but have never seen one, the seller is selling them for 30 to 70 a piece. :wtf:

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:46 pm

I believe there are a few legitimate sets from China that use this box art, but if it has English subtitles, it's a bootleg.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Yeah, I actually own that bootleg, too. It's dreadful quality.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:08 pm

Do you need that specific disc? If you're looking to collect the entire series, I'd suggest this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonball-Drag ... 5b0d48e8d2

At $70 a piece, if there are nine of them (the U.S. singles originally had nine releases), you're spending $630. For $40 more, you can get the authentic, legitimate Dragon Ball Dragon Box.

If you're looking for subtitles, sorry, out of luck. I'd recommend this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Ball-Sea ... 25a2720581

You will never find Dragon Box quality stuff with subtitles. If it comes from Malaysia or China and says it has English subtitles, they are bootlegged and terrible quality. In my opinion, you are better off just getting the blue Season Sets.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Do you need that specific disc? If you're looking to collect the entire series, I'd suggest this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonball-Drag ... 5b0d48e8d2

At $70 a piece, if there are nine of them (the U.S. singles originally had nine releases), you're spending $630. For $40 more, you can get the authentic, legitimate Dragon Ball Dragon Box.

If you're looking for subtitles, sorry, out of luck. I'd recommend this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-Ball-Sea ... 25a2720581

You will never find Dragon Box quality stuff with subtitles. If it comes from Malaysia or China and says it has English subtitles, they are bootlegged and terrible quality. In my opinion, you are better off just getting the blue Season Sets.
Yea, it does have subtitles, red flag. Thanks for the suggestions but I purely wanted it just to add to my collection if it was legit. I do own all of the blue bricks but I also purchased the Dragonball Saga sets from a user on this forum :). I've moved on and started to aquire the manga!

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:43 am

Awesome! I always kind of dismissed the manga, but then when I had nothing left to collect, I figured, "What the hell?" Not a second of regret, I love the manga!