No one here has seen Resurrection F, correct?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zenkai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

No one here has seen Resurrection F, correct?

Post by Zenkai » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:22 pm

Has anyone on this forum actually seen Resurrection 'F'?

No, they haven't, yet I have read many posts here bashing the new movie.

Guys, reading a synopsis online is not at all the same thing as actually seeing the movie.

Please reserve judgements until you actually watch the movie.
Last edited by Zenkai on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyno
Banned

Re: No one here has seen Resurrection F, correct?

Post by Dyno » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:24 pm

Eer, it was really necessary to have a thread? Couldn't just be on the movie's one? :|

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Technically at least two people here have seen the film, but your point still stands since most of the people doing the bashing are basing their thoughts off the summary the site has provided. Whether or not they can make an accurate judgement based off the summary or if they need to see the full movie is another matter entirely though. I tend to side with the those thinking you should watch the film before properly judging, but if you don't like the bulk of the content of the summary, the chances could be pretty good that you don't like the film as well.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Re: No one here has seen Ressurrection F, correct?

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:27 pm

I agree. The bashers are just kids who didn't get what they want.
Hi

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Zenkai wrote:Has anyone on this forum actually seen Ressurection 'F'?

Guys, reading a synopsis online is not at all the same thing as actually seeing the movie.

Please reserve judgements until you actually watch the movie.
People are commenting and criticizing the plot points described in the detailed synopsis. As far as I know that is expected and even advisable, which is why the synopsis was posted in the first place. You are requesting people to, somehow, read the synopsis and not comment and criticize the plot points described in it, which doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry that you don't agree or don't like what is being said about those plot points, or if you think that what is being said is exaggerated, but you requesting people to not comment on them or criticize them doesn't make sense.
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:29 pm

I think Hermes and Kei are the only people who are living in Japan so if they are lucky enough to get the ticket, but I doubt anyone has seen it.
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:30 pm

TheKingOfKamehamehas wrote:I think Hermes and Kei are the only people who are living in Japan so if they are lucky enough to get the ticket, but I doubt anyone has seen it.
There is a staff member in Japan, but that would be Julian (Saiyajedi). Herms is on "Jupiter"...

Both have already seen it though. that's why we have the summary in the first place.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Will watching the movie somehow make Gohan not get chumped, Vegeta kill Freesa, or make "IF I COULD TURN BACK TI~IME" or Bluper Saiyan not exist?

ultimateemail5000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ultimateemail5000 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:33 pm

I foolishly read the summary, and I loved it. Now if I could just erase it out of my mind so I can see the movie and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed reading it. I'm sure the same people that complain about it are the same ones who complained that they got free DLC for Mario Kart 8. They just want to bitch about something.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:40 pm

ultimateemail5000 wrote:I foolishly read the summary, and I loved it. Now if I could just erase it out of my mind so I can see the movie and enjoy it as much as I enjoyed reading it. I'm sure the same people that complain about it are the same ones who complained that they got free DLC for Mario Kart 8. They just want to bitch about something.
If they think differently from you they must just be some people who just want to bitch about something? Or they just think differently?
Last edited by rereboy on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Rocketman wrote:Will watching the movie somehow make Gohan not get chumped, Vegeta kill Freesa, or make "IF I COULD TURN BACK TI~IME" or Bluper Saiyan not exist?
For the first time, I'll have to agree on this with you, and adding more:

Will watching the movie somehow make the movie better? Will watching the movie give more character developments to those who don't appear? Will watching the movie bring Son Goten and Trunks? Will watching the movie make them both have an interaction with Freeza? Will watching the movie make Tights being at least mentioned?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Will watching the movie make the "worst wish in history" the revival of Broly? NO! **** this!!!

*Slams door*
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Dyno wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Will watching the movie somehow make Gohan not get chumped, Vegeta kill Freesa, or make "IF I COULD TURN BACK TI~IME" or Bluper Saiyan not exist?

Will watching the movie somehow make the movie better? Will watching the movie give more character developments to those who don't appear? Will watching the movie bring Son Goten and Trunks? Will watching the movie make them both have an interaction with Freeza? Will watching the movie make Tights being at least mentioned?
Absolutely it can, you have not seen seen any of the action or set pieces, you have not witnessed the film's score or seen Blue Super Saiyan, you have not seen any of the interaction and gag moments. Reading the synopsis is not the same as watching it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dyno wrote:

Absolutely it can, you have not seen seen any of the action or set pieces, you have not witnessed the film's score or seen Blue Super Saiyan, you have not seen any of the interaction and gag moments. Reading the synopsis is not the same as watching it.
We've got more than enough action set pieces in Dragon Ball to last us a lifetime, I doubt this will show anything that mind blowing. Films score is a weak counter-argument cause there's plenty of good scores that exist for totally garbage movies, Blue Super Saiyan seems like adding stuff on to something that was already vague as hell from BoG IE WTF God is and does. And comedy can only make a bad movie slightly more tolerable at best or be used to mask how awful it really is at worst *looks to Iron Man 3 then spits in its f*cking face*.

So yeah, from Freeza being a total joke who still didn't pull off his revenge even somewhat competently for a second time (he goes to fight him without mastering his new form....) to Vegeta's "big moment" essentially him beating down not only a cleary inferior enemy, but one that got softened up by Goku.... Yeah, the gags could be funny enough to make me cry and the action might be awesome enough to make me turn my brain off for a bit, but the essential stuff of the film seems really, really badly thought out on top of barely seeming like it's worth making an entire movie for (Kei himself said as much). Freeza coming back months instead of years prior to the movie to make his power boost somewhat plausible isn't a thing, his training gets glossed over, Gohan isn't Mystic because f*ck you and Whis has time travel powers on the fly because DB just didn't need its stakes killed enough with TWO sets of Dragon Balls....
Last edited by ekrolo2 on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Absolutely it can, you have not seen seen any of the action or set pieces, you have not witnessed the film's score or seen Blue Super Saiyan, you have not seen any of the interaction and gag moments. Reading the synopsis is not the same as watching it.
I'm all for dialogues, character developments than action, pal. That's why Dragon Ball is better than Dragon Ball Z, that's why the best movie is Movie 14 so far. Will I like the action scenes? Most likely, but that won't make the movie look better. I don't need to witness the score, Dragon Ball franchise never disappoints me on that aspect. Will I like film's score? Sure. But it won't make the movie better. I haven't seen Saiyan beyond God, but I saw Freeza's "new" and horrible form, that's all.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm going to sum something up: watching the film will not change any of the facts revealed about it. We know what will happen, and a lot of us don't approve.

OF COURSE we can still enjoy the movie upon watching it. It's still DBZ. It's still the characters we like. I know I will probably have a good hour and 30 minutes with it, which is why I'm still willing to support it. That said, it doesn't change the fact that I think the movie consists of really bad ideas.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Zenkai wrote:Has anyone on this forum actually seen Ressurection 'F'?

Well, the summary had to come into being somehow...and it did originate on this website, after all. :wink:
Dyno wrote:

Will watching the movie somehow make the movie better?
Well, the movie has quite a heavy emphasis on its action scenes and the way the voice actors have been talking so far, it sounds like it's one of the film's big selling points. And, as is the case with most visual mediums, is something like this not best enjoyed, er, visually? Especially with a franchise like Dragon Ball. :wink: By reading the summary, you're only getting half of the full package. You miss out on so much by immediately forming an opinion based on a wall of text. There's the animation, there's the music, there's the voice actors delivering each piece of quirky dialogue; there are so many elements that make up a film, and while story is a massive one, it is only one. You can still find entertainment in a movie without a story. There are plenty of movies with bad stories that are still enjoyable.

It's fine to dislike the summary and all of the little tidbits you've heard, and I understand that it can detract significantly from your experience with the film, but I still feel like it's a bit of a stretch to act like you genuinely hate the whole thing without seeing everything in motion and without hearing everything around you. If nothing else, I'm sure this movie will still be a lot of fun, particularly in a theatre. Who wouldn't get at least some enjoyment from 90 minutes of well animated, DBZ-style action? It's not something we get very often, I plan on embracing it for what it is and I encourage others to do the same. If you watch it and still dislike it, then act as negatively towards it as you want. Your opinions will just be that little more justified, and I think that will ease a lot of the frustration. A lot of the criticism I've seen is perfectly valid, it's just irritating to be surrounded by such an overwhelming sense of negativity towards the movie as a whole, when there're only two people on this forum that are in a position to make that sort of judgement properly.
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:I agree. The bashers are just kids who didn't get what they want.
That's incredibly unfair, and very disrespectful. People are forming opinions based on the information available to them, which includes the Kanzenshuu summary, kei17's comments, the trailers/promos, and the manga adaptation. There's plenty of information about the movie's plot for one to decide if it sounds like a good story or not.

But still, it's not the same as seeing the movie for yourself and having first-hand reactions and opinions. Something that sounds bad on paper may actually be executed well enough to be very entertaining to you. Or vice versa. Maybe their opinions would change if and when they see the movie for themselves, but it's also possible it will be exactly what they expected. And no one is obligated to spend time and money on a movie that seems unappealing to them in the first place.

All that being said, I do hope people keep in mind that reading about a movie, no matter how many details are available, won't give you the same experience as actually watching it.
-Rachel

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Zenkai wrote:Has anyone on this forum actually seen Resurrection 'F'?

I have, and I liked it. My opinion on the actual quality of the feature itself is complex, but it's quite entertaining. I do think much of the criticism directed at the movie has been rather vindictive and misguided, criticizing a rundown of the major plot points out of context (and harping on things like continuity, which has never been the author's strong suit). It's the dialogue and the character interactions that really carry the movie and make the whole thing worthwhile, but unfortunately, that's something that doesn't really come across in a summary.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer that people should at least give it a chance before they write it off entirely.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:47 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
Zenkai wrote:Has anyone on this forum actually seen Resurrection 'F'?

I have, and I liked it. My opinion on the actual quality of the feature itself is complex, but it's quite entertaining. I do think much of the criticism directed at the movie has been rather vindictive and misguided, criticizing a rundown of the major plot points out of context. It's the dialogue and the character interactions that carry the movie and make the whole thing worthwhile, but unfortunately, that's something that doesn't really come across in a summary.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer that people should at least give it a chance before they write it off entirely.
I'm definitely gonna watch the movie before I make a final judgement on the movie as a whole. But it can be understood that if people read the summary of the movie and it rubs them the wrong way.