Resurrection F Box Office - $64.8 million Worldwide

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $63.18 million Worldwide (China 10/21)

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:47 pm

So I don't think anyone is really that bothered at this point but I'll keep track of it to the end anyway but there's figures coming out now for the presales in China.

As it stands now on opening day Resurrection F is guaranteed to make 273,000 Yuan ($40,000). Again this is just from the presales as of Wednesday, it doesn't come out till Friday so the number will keep increasing.

Saint Seiya Legend of Sanctuary made 928,000 Yuan ($1.37 million) on opening day.

Boruto the movie made 1.92 million Yuan ($2.85 million) on opening day.

We'll have to see how much DBZ's presales can increase and then how well it does in comparison to those two movies to get an idea of how it's gonna do overall.

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:19 pm

Bullza wrote:So I don't think anyone is really that bothered at this point but I'll keep track of it to the end anyway but there's figures coming out now for the presales in China.

As it stands now on opening day Resurrection F is guaranteed to make 273,000 Yuan ($40,000). Again this is just from the presales as of Wednesday, it doesn't come out till Friday so the number will keep increasing.

Saint Seiya Legend of Sanctuary made 928,000 Yuan ($1.37 million) on opening day.

Boruto the movie made 1.92 million Yuan ($2.85 million) on opening day.

We'll have to see how much DBZ's presales can increase and then how well it does in comparison to those two movies to get an idea of how it's gonna do overall.
I hope i does good :thumbup:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:21 pm

Whoa whoa whoat, is the math right in your post? 200k yuan cant just be 40K Dollars and then 900K Yuan be what you are saying it is.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Yep you're very right, I made a mistake there, the Google translate screwed the numbers up on the page.

Saint Seiya actually made 9,280,000 Yuan ($1.37 million) on the first day. Boruto the movie made 19,200,000 Yuan ($2.85 million) on the first day.

Resurrection F has now gone up to 280,000 Yuan ($41,500). Also it has the presales through the weekend too so by Sunday it's up to 389,000 Yuan ($57,700).

The figure updates every 30 minutes.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:54 pm

Its okay, I messed up too in the post where I pointed that out hehehe.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:33 am

Bullza wrote:Yep you're very right, I made a mistake there, the Google translate screwed the numbers up on the page.

Saint Seiya actually made 9,280,000 Yuan ($1.37 million) on the first day. Boruto the movie made 19,200,000 Yuan ($2.85 million) on the first day.

Resurrection F has now gone up to 280,000 Yuan ($41,500). Also it has the presales through the weekend too so by Sunday it's up to 389,000 Yuan ($57,700).

The figure updates every 30 minutes.
Wow, it's done really bad then. But that's not a surprise being release so long time after.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:09 am

sangofe wrote:Wow, it's done really bad then. But that's not a surprise being release so long time after.
Oh that's not it's gross. That's just how much they've made from people buying tickets early ahead of its Friday release.

It's at 285,000 Yuan ($42,200) now.

It's got all of today and then all of tomorrow to sell tickets in advance and then there's all those people who will go and pay on the day which is usually what most people do.

I don't know what the pre sales were for Saint Seiya or Boruto two days out so I don't know if it's doing good or bad in comparison but it's #5 in the chart. Jack Reacher also opens on Friday and that's at 993,000 Yuan ($147,000).

Edit: Just checked it again after posting this and now it's gone up to 292,000 Yuan ($43,200). It's like 3pm there now so it might build up faster.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:46 am

So it’s had it’s first day in China and unfortunately it’s not done that good, at least in comparison to Saint Seiya’s movie never mind the Boruto movie.

The day hasn’t quite ended yet, it’s 10pm so it’ll make a little more and I don’t know if this still counts as an estimate for now so it could change but it wouldn’t be by much.

It looks like it’s made about 2.23 million Yuan ($330,000), which is about 1/4th of Saint Seiya’s opening day and about 1/9th of Boruto’s opening day.

It’s disappointing at least based on my expectations. It’s certainly not getting to $70 million anyway. If it’s lucky it might get the movie up to $65 million.

Based on how those other two movies played out it could make between 9-11 million Yuan total ($1.3-1.6 million).

On a positive side, the movies already a success regardless and this is all money that the last movie didn’t see. It still made more in China opening day than it did in UK, Spain and Germany.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:50 am

Ok so after a disappointing opening day (which ended up even lower with actuals) it sorta made up for it a little on Saturday and Sunday.

In the end for the opening weekend it made 9.12 million Yuan which is $1.34 million. It looks like it made $68,000 on the Monday too.

I'll probably update the thread one last time when it's finished it's run and then that'll probably be it then because it's not supposed to be coming out anywhere else that I know of.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $64.8 million Worldwide

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 pm

I know this is Bullza's job but since he hasn't updated it in months, I thought I'd update it with the film's final gross

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' has amassed a worldwide gross of $64,092,411

The movie did extremely well but it's final showings from late last year couldn't get the film to top One Piece Film: Gold's worldwide gross of $65,974,339
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:07 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I know this is Bullza's job but since he hasn't updated it in months, I thought I'd update it with the film's final gross

The movie did extremely well but it's final showings from late last year couldn't get the film to top One Piece Film: Gold's worldwide gross of $65,974,339
Uh, really excepting that it would surpass that. But it doesn't matter only a 1 million difference between the two

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:09 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:I know this is Bullza's job but since he hasn't updated it in months, I thought I'd update it with the film's final gross

I thought that One Piece Film God had made over 80 million in the box office? Or has been someone messing around with Wikipedia again? :lol:

EDIT: Just double checked on Box Office Mojo and some has indeed fabricated the idea that One Piece Film Gold made more than 80 million at the Box Office. Time to make some edits. :P

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

I thought that One Piece Film God had made over 80 million in the box office? Or has been someone messing around with Wikipedia again? :lol:

EDIT: Just double checked on Box Office Mojo and some has indeed fabricated the idea that One Piece Film Gold made more than 80 million at the Box Office. Time to make some edits. :P
China was the difference in the end, mere 1.6m for DB and a whopping 15.6m for FG! Really surprised how low the China number was for DB, but I guess it is a MARVEL and DC type thing, DC films have never had good numbers in China, Batman v Superman actually ended up doing well there considering the history netting almost 100m!

OP has been ongoing for YEARS where DB is just getting on the scene no shame in narrowly losing to FG! Toei got two hot properties! I just hope DB gets specials soon too like OP to complement any future movies.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:04 am

The $64.8 million gross is the most accurate figure rounded to the nearest hundred thousand.

$8.4 million in US and Canada
$53.76 million overseas as of September 23 2015

Then since that day it released in and grossed

$1.6 million in China
$0.3 million in Germany
$0.156 million in South Korea
$0.28 million in UK
$0.29 million in Spain

Add it all together and you get $64.79 million which would still be the minimum because it doesn't count how much they made from the day or so it was in France or the extra showing that were in UK in January 2016 and more.

One Piece Film Gold has made about $66 million so far but 96% of that gross came from just two countries one of which was China which got the movie only a few months after Japan unlike with Resurrection F where they got it over a year and a half later and everyone had already seen it like with Americans and Battle of Gods by the time that dub came out.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:14 am

In fact the comparison isn't a good one because One Piece Film Gold also had a big advantage over Resurrection F because of the Yen Dollar exchange rate making the worldwide gross look better.

Film Gold made ¥5.11 billion which converted to $49.7 million but if it had come out back when Resurrection F came out then it would have converted to $42.5 million. So it'd have been at $59 million worldwide instead of $66 million.

Or the other way around if Resurrection F released when Film Gold did then it would have made $36.4 million and not just $31.1 million and so it would have been over $70 million worldwide.

So up to yet Resurrection F has actually made more money just not when it's converted specifically into US dollars.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:49 am

Bullza wrote:In fact the comparison isn't a good one because One Piece Film Gold also had a big advantage over Resurrection F because of the Yen Dollar exchange rate making the worldwide gross look better.

Film Gold made ¥5.11 billion which converted to $49.7 million but if it had come out back when Resurrection F came out then it would have converted to $42.5 million. So it'd have been at $59 million worldwide instead of $66 million.

Or the other way around if Resurrection F released when Film Gold did then it would have made $36.4 million and not just $31.1 million and so it would have been over $70 million worldwide.

So up to yet Resurrection F has actually made more money just not when it's converted specifically into US dollars.
Sorry, was just trying to update the thread. Film Gold still made more though and that's still worth noting
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)