Resurrection F Box Office - $64.8 million Worldwide

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Resurrection F - $59.9 million Worldwide - Surpasses DBE

Post by sangofe » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:17 am

And hopefully there will be more than just one day in France! (saying one day because it's only in Paris that it will be more, and they had it a few times already).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:17 am

http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/boxoffice.asp

It's now at AU$1.012 million which is US$742,000. Which is an additional $120k which means it's now at a very nice $60 million.

I'm not sure what other goals we can set. I personally wanted it to make $70 million as that would also make it the highest grossing anime film outside of Japan since 2005.

I'm not sure how likely that is. I don't think it's going to have the markets and the days to do it, it's not impossible but maybe $65 million would be more reasonable.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:41 am

Bullza wrote:http://www.urbancinefile.com.au/home/boxoffice.asp

It's now at AU$1.012 million which is US$742,000. Which is an additional $120k which means it's now at a very nice $60 million.

I'm not sure what other goals we can set. I personally wanted it to make $70 million as that would also make it the highest grossing anime film outside of Japan since 2005.

I'm not sure how likely that is. I don't think it's going to have the markets and the days to do it, it's not impossible but maybe $65 million would be more reasonable.
But ROF still remains one of the highest grossing anime films outside of Japan in many years, so even it doesn't reach $70 million it'll always have that accomplishment.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Bullza wrote: I'm not sure how likely that is. I don't think it's going to have the markets and the days to do it, it's not impossible but maybe $65 million would be more reasonable.
Current markets will push it to around 62. Italy+Spain alone could add a lot. BOG made 1.8m previously in these 2 markets and we would rather assume better numbers from ROF as in other areas. UK/French release could add something too, will depend how much screens the movie gets. Without Germany/Poland hitting 70m is probably out of reach I'm afraid tho.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $60.0 million Worldwide

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Didn't Toei say that the film will be screened in 74 countries? According to Imdb it has been screened or will be screened in 21 different countries (excluding Japan) now add Belgium and UK that makes 23 so we still have roughly 51 countries left to screen the film I think 70m is do able.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:24 pm

Wednesday Gross

"Wednesday added another $479K to bring the film’s final cume to a little over $8M for indie FUNimation which marketed and distributed this film."

And that's it, US run over. I'm glad it made the $8 million in the end, it's run far exceeded my expectations. In comparison Battle of Gods only made $2.8 million.

It's got until Sunday in Australia and New Zealand and then it's gross will stop again until September when there's France, Belgium and UK however limited their release is.

Edit: Someone in the comments said they'd extended the run till Sunday in some theatres. Whether true or not we might not hear anything anyway.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $60.5 million Worldwide

Post by JamesOwnz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:33 pm

I am seeing hte film tonight in Canada

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: But ROF still remains one of the highest grossing anime films outside of Japan in many years, so even it doesn't reach $70 million it'll always have that accomplishment.
Pokemon: The First Movie still holds the record after 16 years later.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=anime.htm

ROF still has ways to go to beat the Pokemon movies and Studio Ghibli films at the box office.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Well it's pretty much up to France, Belgium and the UK. Wonder if Italy will get the film soon.

BrandonR24
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrandonR24 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Bullza wrote:Wednesday Gross

Edit: Someone in the comments said they'd extended the run till Sunday in some theatres. Whether true or not we might not hear anything anyway.
Kinda funny, but I was about to post here. My friend who works as a manger at a theater here text me telling me they are doing another showing Saturday. Don't know how many theaters are doing it, but cool to see the demand is still there for extra screenings!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Well I had a look through a dozen or so theatres and saw two that were showing it on other days. Like this one

http://mobile.fandango.com/theater_deta ... ey08142015

Four showings on Friday and Saturday.

On a random side note this is the 14th highest grossing anime movie worldwide now.

Edit: Yeah there's actually another update on it here

"Distributor FUNimation is keeping its indie anime hit Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F in some theaters beyond its original nine-day run that was to end last night. The company said it’s been getting calls today from some outfits asking to keep the movie playing at least through the weekend. The sides are still working out details about screen counts and locations, but it’s a major blue ribbon for FUNimation, which marketed the film solely on the grassroots level. The movie finished yesterday in 457 locals to surpass $8M at the box office after its nine days."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:29 pm

So still a chance to out-gross DBE domestically?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So still a chance to out-gross DBE domestically?
It looks like it may be very well possible if the extend showings get at least a few hundred screens.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Funimation gave a new press release here.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 28590.html

They confirmed that the movie has made $8 million (again Box Mojo has different numbers because it's not including Canada).

They said it's going to have a encore release in various theatre up till the 17th (Monday) and they will announce "real" final numbers next week.

Also Box Mojo have now updated the movies overseas total to $52.38 million. I don't think that's including the extra $120k it made it Australia this week though (or whatever it made in New Zealand).

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $60.4 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:51 pm

According to Box Office Mojo it made $62,000 on Thursday and that's in 138 theatres. The theatre average was considerably less than on any other day but it doesn't really surprise me because most people wouldn't have been aware it was still playing after the 12th.

In any case it looks like it does have another 3 days left. It's not going to surpass Dragon Ball Evolution domestically but it doesn't really matter. The next one will.

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $60.44 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:04 am

Updated Australia gross.

Australia - $981,000

It didn't chart in New Zealand so I guess it wasn't showing.

We might get the final US gross today when the weekend actuals are announced.

That should be $60.7 million worldwide.

Edit: For some reason I can't edit the OP today (or a lot of other posts).

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $60.44 million Worldwide

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:42 pm

US weekend gross.

Friday - $29,954
Saturday - $70,583
Sunday - $55,720

Weekend total - $156,257

It was reported to have made $8 million as of Wednesday so with the Thursday-Sunday gross it's at $8.2 million. Still no official word from Funimation yet though.

Also looks to be at $60.8 million worldwide and it's not going to move much until September if that.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Resurrection F Box Office - $60.8 million Worldwide

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:48 pm

If FUNi did more advertising for the encore showings, the numbers would have been a bit higher. Oh well.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Well it looks like it's still in theatres as it made another $49,600 Monday. I was wondering why there hadn't been anything official from Funimation but it seems it's because it ain't over yet.

I think that's $60.9 million now.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Bullza wrote:Well it looks like it's still in theatres as it made another $49,600 Monday. I was wondering why there hadn't been anything official from Funimation but it seems it's because it ain't over yet.

I think that's $60.9 million now.
Damn, ROF is still showing in the US. Man, DBZ is a beast. 8)