What are your top 3 dream fights?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What are your top 3 dream fights?

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:50 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Nobody but a protagonist with a plot device can beat Broly.
Is any power-up not a plot device on some level, though?
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:10 am

Doctor. wrote:
Dbzejo wrote:
Tatakae!!Ramenman wrote:I know that, but I was considering that it's the movies, so they would probably just make him stronger.
Yeah, but honestly we got enogh of Broly movies, they should focus on canon movies like the 2 new ones...
The two movies aren't "canon", not now that Super exists.
I know, but they are still kinda canon, because they have the same characters, only the events are changed little bit...

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Super Yi Xing Long
Super Cyborg 17
Baby Original
Golden Boy Freeza
Beerus the Destroyer
Perfect Zenkai Cell

VS

Super-Saiyajin 4 Son Gokuu
Super-Saiyajin 4 Vegeta
Super-Saiyajin 2 Son Gohan
Super-Saiyajin Pan
Super-Saiyajin 3 Gotenks
Demon Boo-sted Oob ("Majoob")
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:57 pm

1. Ultimate/Mystic Gohan vs EoZ Goku. Soo much more interesting than another Goku vs Vegeta fight and I personally wouldn't mind seeing a possessed/evil Goku for a change. It would help raise the stakes a bit and allow Gohan to go full force.

2. Android 17 vs Android 18. Any excuse to see more of #17 really although I am genuinely curious to see how 18 would fair against him. If choreographed well it would make for some beautiful fighting as they've both been shown to be elegant, style driven fighters in the past.

3. Future Trunks vs EoZ Vegeta. Keeping with the theme of father/son fights I would enjoy seeing Future Trunks return and show off his progress against main timeline Vegeta. They were relatively even during the Cell arc and I think it would make for a good fight if Trunks doesn't hold back against him.

Honourable mention goes to: Dabura vs Perfect Cell. So many scenario possibilities in this one but I figure it would turn out to be a pretty gimmicky fight in the end which is why it isn't top 3.
Last edited by NitroEX on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Captain Space wrote:
Maybe plot device is not the phrase I'm looking for. More like asspull.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:10 pm

1. SS4 Goku vs SSG Goku
2. Gogeta vs Vegito
3. SS2 Kid Gohan vs Broly

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Captain Space wrote:
Maybe plot device is not the phrase I'm looking for. More like asspull.
Sorry, I was being a bit nitpicky...I guess I know what you mean.

Captain Sauza
Beyond Newbie

Post by Captain Sauza » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Didn't Cooler say that Freeza was stronger than him before he unlocked his 5th form? Or was that just in the dub?
That was just a dub line.
"We are Cooler's Armored Squadron!" *performs Sauza fighting pose*

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:You know, fights that have never occurred in the series that you wish did or hope will?

Mine:

3. Krillin vs Tenshinhan - I'm surprised this never happened in DB. I believe Krillin has fought everyone (pre-Cell) except Yamcha and Tenshinhan. With all the constant debate over which of these is the strongest human, it'd be awesome to see the answer on-screen, rather than through writing.

2. SSJ2 Kid Gohan vs LSSJ Broly - I think these two are among the most worshiped "badasses" in the west. Just seeing them on the same screen would be worth it. lol. In my crazy fantasy world, Broly could serve as an awesome foil and parallel to Gohan after the Cell Games with the proper re-envisioning. Both were born with a power they didn't necessarily ask for. One used his to save the world, though remains confused after the death of his father and birth of his brother, and the other was completely overtaken by it. That's good story material to work with right there, as long as it's not thrown in the audience's face.

1. Goku vs Vegeta III - I mentioned this in another topic. I wouldn't just want any fight, but the best, end all, pure fan service battle. If not in a movie, then at the very end of the series. I just don't see a better way of ending DB. It's definitely a step up from Goku flying off to train a stranger or Goku disappearing with Shenron for no reason. My dream rematch would be divided into phases. Phase 1 - fast-paced combat in their most powerful god forms. Phase 2 - tactical, ki manipulation, and beam struggle. Phase 3 - Depletion of god ki (in my head canon, god ki and regular ki are two separate sources of energy...). Maybe the return of talking great ape Vegeta and SSJ3 Goku (i.e. forms exclusive to their respective users). Phase 4 - Full ki depletion. Slow paced, dramatic pure martial arts/hand-to-hand combat on the ground until a KO.
This. I couldn't have written this answer better myself. Krillin vs. Tien would finally put an end to the debate over who's the strongest human and Gohan vs Broly would finally put the debate over Broly's power to rest.

I do want a Goku vs. Gohan fight over another Goku vs. Vegeta battle though. But that's just because I'm frankly sick of the series's fixation on Goku and Vegeta.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Dbzejo wrote:SSJ3 Goku vs Mystic Gohan - just to shut annoying Gohan fanboys
This fight, but for the opposite reason.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:20 pm

Hero wrote: This. I couldn't have written this answer better myself. Krillin vs. Tenshinhan would finally put an end to the debate over who's the strongest human
It's not a debate. It's half the crowd putting their hands over their ears and screaming into the wind.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Not to go into that debate, but isn't there just one bit of dialogue in the entire manga, by Yamcha--addressed to Krillin's daughter as he's about to fight a big guy who frightens her--to suggest Krillin is stronger? Because if that's the case, it's a reasonable argument. Or at least was before the modern stuff.

Regardless, it would be nice to see who the stronger fighter is than just read or hear someone indirectly say it.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:04 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Not to go into that debate, but isn't there just one bit of dialogue in the entire manga, by Yamcha--addressed to Krillin's daughter as he's about to fight a big guy who frightens her--to suggest Krillin is stronger? Because if that's the case, it's a reasonable argument. Or at least was before the modern stuff.

Regardless, it would be nice to see who the stronger fighter is than just read or hear someone indirectly say it.
Along with Toriyama flat-out telling us that Krillin is the strongest Earthling.

And the line wasn't said to Marron in its entirety. The "strongest among Earthlings, at least," is Yamcha thinking to himself.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Captain Space

Post by Captain Space » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:19 pm

I mean, Krillin didn't overtake him until the saiyan/Namek sagas, anyway...I guess mystical Namekian power-unlocks are more effective than a few months with Kaio. (Then again, aside from Piccolo--and even then he got another far greater power-up immediately--none of that group's training with Kaio ever seemed to do anything or have a point. Have Tenshinhan use Kaioken when holding off Cell or something at least...ah, I'm rambling now.)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Toriyama's words aside, there's nothing in the actual manga, besides that one comment/monologue, indicating (indirectly) that Krillin is stronger. Nothing that confirms Tien is stronger either, but he does have greater feats, while the other even stopped training for 7 years. It's a discussion.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:11 pm

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATS

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:16 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Toriyama's words aside, there's nothing in the actual manga, besides that one comment/monologue, indicating (indirectly) that Krillin is stronger. Nothing that confirms Tenshinhan is stronger either, but he does have greater feats, while the other even stopped training for 7 years. It's a discussion.
I don't see how "Krillin is the strongest, among Earthlings, at least" is in any way "indirect."
Malik_DBNA wrote:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:40 pm

He's not directly saying Krillin is stronger than Tien. "Earthling" can technically refer to Gohan, Goten, and Trunks too, but clearly that is not the case. I hate to use the "Tien is an alien" cop-out, but him and his buddy aren't exactly regular humans (or animal hybrids).

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:42 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:He's not directly saying Krillin is stronger than Tenshinhan. "Earthling" can technically refer to Gohan, Goten, and Trunks too, but clearly that is not the case. I hate to use the "Tenshinhan is an alien" cop-out, but him and his buddy aren't exactly regular humans (or animal hybrids).
Why? Because he has 3 eyes? Kuririn has no nose, that excuse is just dumb.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:He's not directly saying Krillin is stronger than Tenshinhan. "Earthling" can technically refer to Gohan, Goten, and Trunks too, but clearly that is not the case. I hate to use the "Tenshinhan is an alien" cop-out, but him and his buddy aren't exactly regular humans (or animal hybrids).
Why? Because he has 3 eyes? Kuririn has no nose, that excuse is just dumb.
A third eye that gives him powers.

There are actually people born without noses.