What are your top 3 dream fights?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

What are your top 3 dream fights?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:19 pm

You know, fights that have never occurred in the series that you wish did or hope will?

Mine:

3. Krillin vs Tenshinhan - I'm surprised this never happened in DB. I believe Krillin has fought everyone (pre-Cell) except Yamcha and Tenshinhan. With all the constant debate over which of these is the strongest human, it'd be awesome to see the answer on-screen, rather than through writing.

2. SSJ2 Kid Gohan vs LSSJ Broly - I think these two are among the most worshiped "badasses" in the west. Just seeing them on the same screen would be worth it. lol. In my crazy fantasy world, Broly could serve as an awesome foil and parallel to Gohan after the Cell Games with the proper re-envisioning. Both were born with a power they didn't necessarily ask for. One used his to save the world, though remains confused after the death of his father and birth of his brother, and the other was completely overtaken by it. That's good story material to work with right there, as long as it's not thrown in the audience's face.

1. Goku vs Vegeta III - I mentioned this in another topic. I wouldn't just want any fight, but the best, end all, pure fan service battle. If not in a movie, then at the very end of the series. I just don't see a better way of ending DB. It's definitely a step up from Goku flying off to train a stranger or Goku disappearing with Shenron for no reason. My dream rematch would be divided into phases. Phase 1 - fast-paced combat in their most powerful god forms. Phase 2 - tactical, ki manipulation, and beam struggle. Phase 3 - Depletion of god ki (in my head canon, god ki and regular ki are two separate sources of energy...). Maybe the return of talking great ape Vegeta and SSJ3 Goku (i.e. forms exclusive to their respective users). Phase 4 - Full ki depletion. Slow paced, dramatic pure martial arts/hand-to-hand combat on the ground until a KO.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: What are your top 3 dream fights?

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:45 pm

1. Vegeta vs. Piccolo - How this matchup has never happened yet, boggles my mind. The two stoic badassess of the franchise going toe-to-toe, it's just such an awesome idea on paper

2. Gohan vs. Goku. - Father vs. Son, Teacher vs. Pupil. The passing of the torch battle.

3. Krillin vs. Tien - Just to end the 'Strongest Earthling' debate

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:46 pm

With canon characters only:
1. Vegeta vs Piccolo
2. Nappa vs Recoome
3. Tien vs Vegeta

With non-canon characters:
1. Piccolo vs Pikkon
2. Turles vs Bardock
3. Turles vs Vegeta
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Goten and Trunks vs Freeza. Should of happen in ROF but... idk :cry: . Really hope this dream becomes reality in Super.

Freeza vs Cooler . Just for character interaction. Could see them having a Sasuke Naruto relationship.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:51 pm

I definitely want to see another Goku vs Vegeta especially at the end when their at their strongest.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Goku VS Chaozu somewhere along the way before the five-year timeskip. I don't think they even speak to each other.

I guess it would also be cool to give Mummy-kun and Yamcha a rematch at some point where they are more even. And then there's the bout GT teased of Goku taking on a maxed-out-potential Uub.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:24 pm

1. Gohan vs Goku. No evil Goku or ridiculous plot device, just a friendly but earnest battle in a tournament or something. :thumbup:

2. Mr. Satan vs Tao Pai Pai. The former should have gotten the chance to avenge his master. Just find a hilarious way for him to win against all odds. :lol:

3. Goten & Trunks vs Frieza. Frieza would shit his non-existent pants fighting clones of the two persons who defeated him. Goten & Trunks would, of course, just goof around. :mrgreen:

Bonus: Piccolo vs Vegeta. The idea sounds good although in practice Piccolo would just be easily destroyed.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Marco Polo wrote:2. Mr. Satan vs Tao Pai Pai. The former should have gotten the chance to avenge his master. Just find a hilarious way for him to win against all odds. :lol:
This needs to happen.

Like many people have said, I would love to see Kuririn vs. Tenshinhan. Goku vs. Gohan would be nice, too.
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
2. Mr. Satan vs Tao Pai Pai. The former should have gotten the chance to avenge his master. Just find a hilarious way for him to win against all odds. :lol:
I can see him getting saved by Mr. Buu. You know, indirectly. Buu interrupts Tao just as he's about to kill Mr. Satan, and tells the latter that he's hungry. Tao insults him and tells him to move aside. Buu turns him to candy or smacks him into the pavement.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:24 pm

1. Goku vs Gohan - They missed their chance with this one, unless Gohan gets really powerful in Super and Goku wants to fight him.

2. Whis vs Anybody I don't care just do it - I need to see this guy in action at his best. Please don't disappoint Super.

Vegeta vs Piccolo - Also missed their chance at this. Two grumps going at it.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:59 pm

Canon:

1. Nail vs Recoome, Jeice, or Burter - Namek's finest warrior facing off against three members of the Ginyu Force that even had Vegeta trembling would have been interesting. I've always felt that if Nail accompanied Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan, he would have made a significant difference by at the least wiping out two of the three heavy hitters (excluding Ginyu) on the team.

2. Vegeta vs Frieza - A rematch to the death would have been ideal in my opinion. After getting savagely beaten, tormented, and ultimately slaughtered, I think the proud prince's revenge should consist of much more than a few punches and kicks. Basically putting the tyrant through the same kind of agony that he was once subjected to on Namek would have been quite satisfying to watch.

3. Vegeta vs Goku - I'd love to see these two go at it with their recently acquired SSG / SSGSS powers. Only this time, I hope the battle excludes Oozaru transformations and/or taking cheap shots from behind. After years of Vegeta humbling before his low class brethren, it'd be nice for the tables to be turned and the fight to conclude with Goku acknowledging defeat.

GT:

1. GT Piccolo vs Cell and Frieza - With the Namekian's newly obtained status down in hell, getting a shot of revenge at the two villains that had once humiliated him would have been something I'm sure he would have found great pleasure in. Considering how Frieza is presumably not a prodigy in GT and Cell has likely only made moderate improvements, this fight would be one of those awesome one-sided stomps (in Piccolo's favor) that are just straight up entertaining to watch.

2. GT Piccolo vs HF# 17 - The ultimate rematch between Namekian and Android. Does the mechanical carbon copy have what it takes to overthrow the mighty Namekian's reign and buy his fellow villains the freedom to yet again plan another escape?

While Cell, Frieza, and even Rild are likely one-shot material for Piccolo, I personally felt that HF#17 may actually possess enough power to push the powerful Namekian into exerting some effort. Regardless, when all is said and done, Piccolo would still maintain his title and the villains would be reminded of their place.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:44 pm

1st- #16 vs Goku. This dynamic had so much potential, a real shame.

2nd- Piccolo vs #17 the rematch. It would be a fun rivalry.

3rd- Goku vs Yajirobe - Nyoi-bo/Sword Fight. Why didn't this happen!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:50 pm

1. Goku vs Vegeta - Same reasons as your own, it'd be the best way to end the series. I'd be fine with either of them winning, really, a draw or the winner not being revealed would be a cop-out, though.

2. Beerus vs Vegeta - I feel like this thing about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy planet Vegeta needs to be addressed seriously. This fight needs to happen, Vegeta has shown he still cares for his planet, so he should found out about what Beerus had done.

3. Oob vs Goku - Self-explanatory, really. Oob has so much potential, so you can scratch Goku off that, I just want him to fight someone at full power and making full use of Boo's power and abilities.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Doctor. wrote: 2. Beerus vs Vegeta - I feel like this thing about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy planet Vegeta needs to be addressed seriously.
It's funny how this is brushed off as a gag in F, but Vegeta possibly re-joining Frieza--something that is random as ****--is treated dramatically.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 pm

1. Vegeta vs. Piccolo. Would've loved to see these two duke it out during the 3 year wait for the Androids, before Vegeta could become a SSJ. They could've been in each other's league at that point.

2. #18 vs. Goku. Shame that Goku never fought with any of Gero's creations besides #19 & Cell and he wound up losing both times. :lol: Instead of Vegeta getting shown up by #18, I would've personally enjoyed seeing #18 handle Goku. Just have everything happen as normal except Goku doesn't get affected by the Heart Virus until after Gero activates her along with her brother and Goku proceeds to try and finish off the Cyborgs one by one by himself, when the Heart Virus affects him mid-battle, further increasing the odds stacked against him. Why not #17 instead? Because #18 >>>>>> #17, both numerically and character wise. :lolno:

3. Freeza vs. Cooler. Brother v brother. Simple as that.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:40 pm

- Beerus vs Whis

Maybe in flashbacks of Whis teaching Beerus, or not flashbacks.
Maybe for another reason... I just want to see it :3

- Beerus vs Freeza Because Toriyama's comments made me curious

- Mr Satan vs Beerus: I just want to know what Beerus would do.
probably won't happen in super
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:49 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: 2. Beerus vs Vegeta - I feel like this thing about Beerus ordering Freeza to destroy planet Vegeta needs to be addressed seriously.
It's funny how this is brushed off as a gag in F, but Vegeta possibly re-joining Frieza--something that is random as ****--is treated dramatically.
I thought Beerus wanted to destroy planet Vegeta before Freeza did, not that Beerus ordered Freeza to do it?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:57 pm

Broly vs ANYBODY Fat Buu level or higher purely for the fact Broly will get one-shotted and shut all the Broly fanboys mouth's.

In all seriousness though,

SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ3 Vegeta / SSJGSSJ Goku vs SSJGSSJ Vegeta. Either one.

Spopovich Vs Gohan. i really wanted Gohan to fuck him up after what happened to Videl

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
I thought Beerus wanted to destroy planet Vegeta before Freeza did, not that Beerus ordered Freeza to do it?
The Super Start Guide confirms it was Beerus who ordered Freeza to do it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Its hard to believe that Vegeta vs Piccolo never happened. So that's only one I wish to see.
Piccolo needs a upgrade though.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.