Anyone else think that we'll get a Jaco OVA or side-story?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

Anyone else think that we'll get a Jaco OVA or side-story?

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:58 am

I could see the Jaco the Galactic Patrolman manga getting an animated adaptation probably after the Battle of Gods arc ends in Dragon Ball Super, right before the Resurrection F arc. Something like an OVA or a side-story like that Kakashi special in Naruto.
What do you guys think?
One World. 🌐 🕊

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Anyone else think that we'll get a Jaco OVA or side-stor

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:12 am

Someone else but TOEI should do it.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:20 am

I think the best we can hope for is a "present" Jaco (partial) episode between the Beerus and Golden Freeza material in Super similar to the build of Beerus and Whis had or, if we're lucky, a Jaco TV Special (ala Bardock and Trunks) of his time "saving" the planet from the Saiyans prior to DB.

As much as I would love it though, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:31 am

That would be dope, I'm all for a Jaco show or least a special!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 pm

I'd love for Jaco's manga to be adapted into an arc set in between post-BOG and pre-ROF. It'd be the perfect way to introduce the character before his debut in the present timeline in ROF.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'd love for Jaco's manga to be adapted into an arc set in between post-BOG and pre-ROF. It'd be the perfect way to introduce the character before his debut in the present timeline in ROF.
The manga takes place before Bulma meets Goku.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:59 pm

At first when I saw the title of this thread, I thought that it is a total bullshit to expect such a material. But the more I'm thinking about it, the more I believe that a special is very possible for Jaco, especially when he is featured as a regular character in the episodes' intro. As the Jaco is only in manga format and they decided BOG and R'F' to adapt into episodes(to earn time to work on 6th Universe Arc), then I might predict a material featuring Jaco's adventures.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Sayo-chan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'd love for Jaco's manga to be adapted into an arc set in between post-BOG and pre-ROF. It'd be the perfect way to introduce the character before his debut in the present timeline in ROF.
The manga takes place before Bulma meets Goku.
I meant as a way of a flashback provided by Jaco, then the once the arc is over you can fast forward to the current plot.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:42 pm

I'd like it to happen, I think the Dragon Ball series has a lot of characters (both major and minor) who deserve their own spinoffs/side-stories, and Jaco absolutely fits that bill, and now that there's twelve universes the potential is huge.

A few episodes dedicated to Jaco between the Battle of Gods and Resurrection F segments would be a good way of testing the waters. If those episodes do well an OVA/mini-series would be a nice bonus for fans who liked it and want more.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Love to see a Jaco special, but I hope to see a lot of other OVAs and movies in Supers lifetime too