Champa to be one of the main reasons for Freeza power up?!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Champa to be one of the main reasons for Freeza power up

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:38 pm

soppa saia people wrote:Off topic, but is Champa prounce like "CHA-PA" or like "Sham-Pa" ?
It's pronounced like the latter, as it's from Champa(gne).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:53 pm

If Champa really did train Freeza, I'd imagine it might not have been entirely at Freeza's request. I could see Freeza training on his own, aping what he's heard about training from some of his soldiers, or...something...only for Champa to pop up in front of him and offer him training. Freeza declines and, thinking Champa is someone he can just blow away, attacks, and gets his butt handed to him. Repeatedly. Over the period of six months or whatever space of time it was supposed to be. Over time, Freeza is forced to try harder and harder to not get beaten almost immediately, and as a result, he ends up even stronger than ever before, and even discovers another transformation he never even imagined. Or something like that anyway.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Heh, I wonder, if he will ever see him. And basing it on what we saw from Super, we won't see the ship destruction from manga, we won't see Freeza's training and he definitely won't be connected to Champa, presumably.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:46 am

I've actually been hoping for this since I found out Super was going to be a retelling. It would make so much more sense for Freeza to get closer to the power that the characters are showing at this point, but for now we've just gotta wait and see.

SonsOfUlron21
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonsOfUlron21 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Isn't Champa from universe 6 though?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:12 am

SonsOfUlron21 wrote:Isn't Champa from universe 6 though?
We don't know that for sure. It has not actually been said one way or the other.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 am

VegettoEX wrote:
SonsOfUlron21 wrote:Isn't Champa from universe 6 though?
We don't know that for sure. It has not actually been said one way or the other.
It's only implied by them knowing about the supposed huge wishing spheres, but I wonder, if those are Namekian ones or whatever.
But even Beerus knows about different Universes. I am kind of baffled that Super didn't show us anything about Champa yet.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:43 am

soppa saia people wrote:Off topic, but is Champa prounce like "CHA-PA" or like "Sham-Pa" ?
It comes from champagne and is spelled Shanpa in Japanese, so Shampa.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:04 am

Id say Champa, will make his anime debut in between BOG and the ROF sagas, as he will probably be shown messing with Frieza's henchmen, but more than likely won't confront Goku/Beerus till after Frieza is defeated.
I think after Frieza is defeated, Beerus is going to say he didn't get that power training by himself, and Champa will confront them shortly after Beerus does a little Investigation or what have you and finds Champa thus setting up the plot for Universe 6

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:38 am

The Time Traveller wrote:
It comes from champagne and is spelled Shanpa in Japanese, so Shampa.
Simmilar to how ''Champán'' (Champagne) is said in Spanish. I always find this feat of english amusing, because my language reading and pronounciation is simmilar to Japanese or Spanish, so I've never had this issue :)
Tough, I have reverse issue in english, as sometimes I pronounce the words I've never heard before in english wrong. I tend to correct that, when watching TV shows, speaking with friends and such. (Words like futile or Gyllenhall recently.)