Champa to be one of the main reasons for Freeza power up?!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Champa to be one of the main reasons for Freeza power up?!

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Title says it all.
The idea come after seeing this album cover where they show the ROF main starts + Champa:

Champa has been in the manga since chapter 2 and I doubt he will only appear in Anime Universe 6 arc. I'm expecting him to appear after SG Goku vs Beerus fight.

A lot people found it cheap how Freeza become so strong after 4 months. Besides he being a OP Mutant who had never trained once in his life, we don't know what kind of training he did.
So, Champa turn out to be one of the main reasons for his power up, would it make it better for you?!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

vegeta623i

Re: Champa to be one of the main reasons for Freeza power up

Post by vegeta623i » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:35 pm

It would make way more sense if it was champa that actually trained freeza to get that strong but the only question I have is for what reason????

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:38 pm

vegeta623i wrote:It would make way more sense if it was champa that actually trained freeza to get that strong but the only question I have is for what reason????
Mess with Beerus.
Mess with Universe 7.

Something like that. Things that villains do. :P

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:44 pm

I like the idea of Champa somehow being the one to grant Frieza such divine powers. I mean, maybe Frieza does train for 4 months on his own and acquires a vast level of strength (say, SSJ2-SSJ3 level), but perhaps it's through Champa that Frieza learns about and attains his golden form. That's pretty cool.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

vegeta623i

Post by vegeta623i » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Ya i guess that would make sense giving the fact that beerus and champa seem like rivals

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Another poster to think about this:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:06 pm

While I don't really have a problem with Freeza just training, something he'd never done before apparently, being the sole cause of why he's stronger (though Super could definitely do better and actually show us said training), I wouldn't mind if it tied Champa in by having him be behind it either. Especially if he really does first appear at the end of the BOG arc. He could turn out to be the lynchpin that somewhat ties the 'BoG, 'F', and 'Universe 6' arcs together in the long run.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:18 pm

I really like the idea myself.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:20 pm

It would be a really interesting plot twist if Champa was one of the main reason behind Golden Freeza.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Maybe Frieza actually trains him because that cat needs to lose weight.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:20 pm

I would really like it if Champa trained/influenced Freeza. But it would concern me, I can't see how someone like Freeza can follow that route. We'll see. Hoping for a proper explanation if it happens.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:41 pm

I quite like the idea of Champa training Freeza, but at the same time I'm a bit concerned about people citing those images as evidence/food for thought. Seems to me that they're just grouping Champa and Freeza together due to them both being upcoming baddies. There's no reason it would necessarily have to be anything more than that.

But yeah, it'd be neat for them to turn the RoF arc into a showdown between the pupils of Whis/Beerus and Champa/????. Almost a throwback to the 22nd TB or the afterlife tournament.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Hisoka

Post by Hisoka » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:46 pm

I really like that idea since it would be different to actually justify a RoF arc and seems like a good enough explanation to why Freeza got so strong

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Herms wrote:I quite like the idea of Champa training Freeza, but at the same time I'm a bit concerned about people citing those images as evidence/food for thought. Seems to me that they're just grouping Champa and Freeza together due to them both being upcoming baddies. There's no reason it would necessarily have to be anything more than that.
Oh believe me, I'm going with it only as pure speculation, rather than something I'm actually invested, for lack of a better word, in believing. It's a decent theory, but one without really anything of substance to back it up, so...

Not to mention we've had a lot of that happen ever since the franchise started up again. Like the alternate reality that 'F' was going to take place in. Or that Whis was going to be the evil mastermind behind Beerus. Heck, it's part of the reason why I'm not entirely sure how much I side with the theory about there being some kind of 'secret' to Champa's attendant and that being why we don't know her name yet. Her name could just not have been stated yet, and that fact be about as important as the egg Beerus destroys in the first trailer from Battle of Gods.

It's part of the fun of having new material again though, all the speculation. I don't think I'd ever been able to do that prior to the JSAT.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:31 pm

Eh...I guess it could bring about some interesting aspects if it is well written, like adding depth to the explanation of how Freeza got so strong in such a short amount of time or the whole battle of the pupils like Herms pointed out. Biggest problem I have with the theory though is that I'm not sure how well that works with Freeza's character. He's already swallowing his pride to train in the first place, and adding the whole Champa and Girl!Whis mentorship on top of that doesn't really feel like something the tyrant would do. Though I guess we'll just have to wait and see,,,
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:07 am

Considering that Champa hasn't been intro'd yet I doubt it. Besides what motivation does Champa have? He's doing his own thing in the Manga I really doubt he's drop his plan to train Freeza for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Hell we don't even know if he knows of Freeza. Also Beerus is a sleep why on Earth would he want to disturb that, if the Manga is anything to go by. Goku , Vegeta and food are enough of a distraction if Beerus is awake anyway. It would be cool if he was involved somehow but I don't just see it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Eh...I guess it could bring about some interesting aspects if it is well written, like adding depth to the explanation of how Freeza got so strong in such a short amount of time or the whole battle of the pupils like Herms pointed out. Biggest problem I have with the theory though is that I'm not sure how well that works with Freeza's character. He's already swallowing his pride to train in the first place, and adding the whole Champa and Girl!Whis mentorship on top of that doesn't really feel like something the tyrant would do. Though I guess we'll just have to wait and see,,,
They could give him free power somehow, though. That wouldn't be something Freeza would refuse.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:04 am

I like that idea, far less bulls.it then just train for 4 months. That picture of Vegeta and Bulma, it look like she died...
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:31 am

I like the idea of Champa having some sort of hands-on culpability for Freeza's God-level power-up, but I think it's unlikely given that it would trample over Freeza's exclamation and nervousness at Beerus' spectatorship of his fight with Goku. Something tells me that if Freeza had encountered Champa during his four months of training and had an inkling of whatever his plans were, he'd be more smug than flustered when face-to-face with Beerus.

With Super's adaptation of Battle of Gods, the TV writing staff have kept fairly close to how things went down in the film, barring minor alterations in scenery and tone. I really like how Toyotaro's Manga has handled the introduction of Champa so early on, but it remains to be seen whether those exact events will be depicted in Super, or merely left as supplementary fan-service for V-Jump readers. I suspect the latter, as if anything, it gives Toriyama additional time to work on material for the upcoming Universe 6 arc.

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say that Toei are working on absolute scraps from Toriyama for Super at the time of writing, hence the languid stringing-out of the two recent films into episodic format. I think they fast-tracked the show into development and rushed it out the door with a scant longitudinal game plan that involved little other than the character design of Champa and the idea of Universe 6 and the Super Dragonballs. In my opinion, the current process of adapting the two films in such a manner is to give Toriyama 24 weeks to put something more substantial together for them to work with.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Off topic, but is Champa prounce like "CHA-PA" or like "Sham-Pa" ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸