How would YOU have reboot the whole Dragon Ball series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How would YOU have reboot the whole Dragon Ball series

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:31 pm

I wish Path to Power was a movie series, with its sequel rebooting the entire Piccolo arc.The second sequel could be divided into two parts: saiyan and namek adaptations. It can end there; no need for Android or Buu movies.

As for how I'd retell the individual sagas from the series... too much to write, atm. lol.

Here's a few changes I'd make to the Namek saga, for now:
- Buff Goku and nerf Frieza. By that, I mean their PLs so they're closer to one another's when Goku arrives on Namek (Goku = 350000; Frieza = 400000). Goku's full power should be wayyy above the Ginyu Force, whereas Vegeta, post-zenkai, should be just strong enough to easily beat them (as he is in the series). The reason is simple: so the zenkai boosts don't come off as TOO ridiculous.
- Omit Frieza's third form. It looks interesting, but it's pointless and seems out of place compared to the other forms. Also, Frieza's power should not jump to one million until his final form.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Rockman X wrote:Wait you mean like TFS? they're already doing that.
That's a parody with some serious aspects, not a deconstruction. A deconstruction is usually always serious and would delve upon the implications of actions some of the characters make. TFS is restricted by the original series, so the only thing they can do is call it out (like Goku "abandoning" Gohan constantly) without actually showing the side-effects of something like that (not that I'm saying I want that particular aspect in a potential reboot, I personally feel it wouldn't work well, it was just an example).

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:59 pm

Rockman X wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I would reboot it the only way you CAN reboot a series! By making it darker, grittier, more realistic and down to Earth!
Are you sure about the realistic part? Image
IDK about you but DBZ would become a horror anime if it had realistic visuals.
I remember a long time ago, I used to think this was a poster of an upcoming live action DBZ movie. This still looks cool!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:08 pm

I've thought on and off it would be cool to do an arc before the Saiyan arc where Gokuu and Gohan met Mister Satan and Videl and the latter duo was added to the main cast then. Satan and Videl could fight in the battle with the Saiyans, Satan could die and train with Tenshinhan and the others under the Kaiou of the North and Videl could join in on the Namek arc.

I'd love a new animated series overseen by Ryoo-Chimo, the character designer and series director of Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta. Chimo has nice designs and a nice sense of directing action. He's also got numerous contacts with talented freelancers.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Relenanator

Post by Relenanator » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Some of my reboot ideas are going to probably going sound pretty lame and/or completely out of left field but here it is anyway.

- Have Goku marry someone other then Chichi (or at least change her personality)
- Either leave Oolong, Chaozu, and Yajirobe as one off characters or get rid of them altogether.
- Tree of Might, Bojack, Cooler, Bardock Father of Goku are part of the series but don't have major long arcs (I would say 5 episodes to flesh out each one would suffice)
- Broly has a major arc.
- Movie 12 is also a major arc of series (excluding the ridicules Hitler shenanigans of course) and is moved up (maybe past the Buu Saga)
- Tien Shinhan, Yamcha, Piccolo, 17, 18, and Kriillin, would each have to fight a major villain from movie 12 that they have never fought before.
- Some of the villains could be redeemed while others stay evil and get killed off again.
- Super Saiyan God level is obtainable but through other means and not through a ritual
- Beerus and Whis are not part of the story (as much as I find them interesting characters I don't care for how they are inserted in past events in which we know they were never a part of)
- At the series final, Goku and Vegeta have to fuse while in God mode and have a galactic 1v1 fight with whatever end boss via TTGL scale. (This is probably going to happen in Super anyway but thought I would mention it.)
- Yamcha ends up with Mai
- Retcon Gine or at least her character design/personality (sorry I'm not a fan of Goku's new mom)
- Bulma and Vegeta might end up with other people
- Pan is Goku's child and not Gohan's. Honestly, we would have a relevant female Saiyan a lot sooner that way and I don't really see a point in Goten's character other then to fuse with Trunks. Also, both of them tend to get extremely annoying anyway. And that includes the're subed versions as well.
- Tarbl is made canon while his (*coff*) "wife" isn't.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:08 am

Ok so since a topic was made I'll give my own tweek to how I would reboot Dragon Ball if I were given the opportunity.

For the first arc I'll keep thing as it is only changing two thing Toninjinka would never be present I'll erase him. At the end of the Arc I'll make Yamcha join Goku to reach Kame Sennin and make him teach along side Kuririn and Goku the turtle school way. The upcoming tournament would lead to Kuririn and Yamcha seeing each other as Rival and Goku still losing against Muten Roshi. Bulma sister would be named but not shown. Chichi would have a crush on Yamcha instead and Bulma would show curiosity towards Goku.

The Second Arc would play as normal, I would only add cameo of Gero's son at the end of the arc being killed by Goku rampage in the base and having Tao Pai Pai foreshadowing the next arc. Arale here would have for me a Android 16 power level already, Dr Norimaki would be the one dropping Gero's name as well as having him knowing Dr Brief both of three being ancient university school mate. The end will lead to Upa's father Bora death leading to the Baba tournament and the encounter with the Pilaf gang yet again. Their defeat will lead them to discover the pressure cooker where Piccolo Daimao is sealed.

Then next I'll adapt Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure for the third arc giving more depth to Tenshinhan and Chiaozu in their backstory. Also combining it with Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies. Here after his defeat by Goku and compagny during the Red Ribbon Arc Tao Pai Pai would create a scheme with Tsuru Sennin and King Gurumes involving a war between King Gurumes kingdom and Emperor of Mifan Chiaotzu here we will learn than Tenshinhan was an orphan that was raised in the empire by Tsuru Sennin who has become prime minister of Chiaotzu. Many scheme will involve Bora, Upa, Hacchan, Pansy a girl from the Kingdom of King Gurumes and of course also our dear heroes Kuririn, Yamcha and Goku. Tenshinhan will start as a vilain but a fight with Muten Roshi and after Goku will lead to him see the truth behind Tsuru Sennin and foild the plot. Leading to the defeat of King Gurumes and the fleed of Tao Pai Pai and Tsuru Sennin. Pasta will fall in love with Tenshinhan instead of Lunch. Bongo will be a casualties of Tao Pai Pai as well as pansy parent's. Pansy would become Betrothed to Chiaotzu at the end of this arc after she find his lost "Ran Ran".

Two target was in the plan of the three master mind the Blood Ruby and of course the Dragon Balls.

This lead toward the next Tournament held by the empire of Mifan where Tenshinhan is winner with Goku scoring second and Yamcha scoring third (sorry Kuririn fan) at the end of this tournament Kuririn is kill and things play as normal until the next Tournament where Chichi Marry Yamcha instead of Goku, Pasta will Marry Tenshinhan and Goku would be promise to Bulma. Oh in this tournament I will make Bulma's sister reveal. Piccolo Jr will be defeated and he will flee.

All of that leads to the Garlic Jr first Arc playing as normal with the addition of Yamcha and Tenshinhan. Instead at the end everyone will be exhausted but Raditz show up and kidnap Gohan playing as usual except that here Raditz will somehow survive and will end up heavily wounded here Lunch will saw him and will take care of him.

Then Vegeta and Nappa show up the whole Z-Team is here with the addition of Raditz because Vegeta and Nappa would have branded him as weakling and useless so with nowhere to go Raditz would side with the Z-Team for at least make a difference. Here the only survivor would be Yamcha, Kuririn, Gohan (son of Bulma and Goku) and Goku. Everyone will go on namek for revive every body things will play mostly the same except with the inclusion of Slug who will end up make a Heel–Face Turn
thanks to Piccolo and others namekian. Ending with Namek destruction, Goku going SSJ and everyone as well as Raditz being resurrected. Here Raditz and Vegeta would have a deep rivalry. Vegeta would fall on Bulma's sister and they will end up being together. (Don't worry Kuririn your time to shine will come with Best Girl)

Then during this period of peace Raditz with Gohan his nephew and Piccolo will be the protagonist of the second Garlic Jr arc, arc that will be combined with Dr Uiro the master mind behind the revival of Garlic Jr with his science. Dr Uiro would be an ex colleague of Dr Gero and Dr Brief. All Dr Uiro and Garlic Jr henshmen would be part cyborg part mazoku. Garlic Jr would be defeated by Gohan and Dr Uiro by Raditz leading him to go Almost Super Saiyan at one point.

Then after that Mecha Frieza show with his father up Mirai Trunks (son here of Vegeta and Tights) kill them and explain things to Goku about the Cyborg/Android and Dr Gero. That's lead to before the infamous arc having also Cooler showing up at some point (I'll making stronger here) neading Raditz, Goku to defeats him with Raditz becoming SSJ finally here. That's lead to the Android Arc and Cell games (where finally Kuririn got the Girl number 18) here instead Raditz make the act of sacrifice leading Gohan going SSJ2 (So Android 16 can stick around) then Goku will do also the same, Raditz being cleanse of his past evil deeds can following Goku to train in the Grand Kai's Planet where a Tournament will be held. Meanwhile on earth Vegeta will shine against Bojack and his gang, with Zangya being spared by Android 18. (I'll use Zangya later)

For the next arc things will play I think almost the same just I don't know with all the offspring available who will fuse with who, and if I keep Vegetto or if I bring more Kaditz ? But in the end Majin Buu Jinsui is defeated and Majin Buu (The Fat one) becomes an ally and live with Satan, Gohan go out with Videl and give birth to Pan. But before this birth Tarble will show up alone (I ditch the silly idea of his Gure wife instead she will be Jaco's Wife) here will be in appearance a fusion between his manga and anime look he will be as tall as Yamcha when we first saw him, he will be task to chase Hoi a criminal sorcerer who seek to unleash the Hirudegarn, that's lead to unravel the misteries behind music box and both Minotia and Tapion are release Hoi with his dark magic would have enslaved a stranded Zangya that will be freed by Tarble (Yes you guess it) which lead to Vegeta, Raditz and Goku going full SSJ2 and defeat Hoi who would have fuse with Hirudegarn with a combining blast of a Double Final Kamehameha. The Three of them in SSJ3.

That's lead to the SSGod arc that would play without a scratch, Raditz Goku, Vegeta and Tarble having offspring would help for the ritual. After the fight between Goku SSJGOD and Beerus we learn that the remaining of the Frieza force are lead by Kuuriza (Notice the two u for being a pun with Cool and Ice) son of Frieza which with the help of Sorbet and his troops will revive Cooler, Cold and of course Frieza. You guess it all of them would go training on a planet where several years takes place but in reallity for us it's just four month. They come back on earth to seek vengeance. Goku will fight Frieza, Cooler will fight Raditz, Cold will fight Vegeta and Kuuriza will fight Tarble Golden form against SSJBlue. Things play not as usual here no Whis and Beerus earth is being destroyed and several Z-Warrior die before being rescued by Whis but too late he can't do his timeskip.

Frieza will flee as well as his son, his brother and father will be killed that will lead us to the next arc, Kuririn, Tarble, Goku, Muten Roshi and Tenshinhan with Beerus and Whis would encounter Champa and Vados who would propose the tournament for the Super Dragon Ball. Kuririn will fight Botamo then Muten Roshi will face Otta Megetta following up with Tarble against Kyabe up next Tenshinhan versus Frost ending with Goku versus Hit. With a fierce battle where each warrior have a real motive and where death was allowed Universe 7 is winner before summoning the Dragon Zen'Oh shows up and remind the Gods of their duties but wish to do a tournament like that in the future. Then both Earth of Universe 7 and 6 are being brought back.

A short peace of few month happen before the even of Android 21 happen where she revive several warrior from the death thanks to the Namekian Dragon Ball. Then everything leads to the split of Android 21 into two personnality, here I make Good Android 21 survive her confrontation against her evil self. Then we have the Mirai Trunks arc that happen with the addition of Zaiko and West Kaioshin as allies of Zamasu and Black. Here Tarble and Vegeta will fight Zamasu and Black where Goku and Raditz will confront Zaiko and West Kaioshin, here West Kaioshin will be sealed succesfully, Zaiko would be defeated and Vegeta and Tarble will fuse and beat Gattai Zamasu enough to have the final blow given to Mirai Trunks. There will be no Zen'Oh BS and an Happy ending for Mirai Trunks where his world will be back to normal with the help of the Super Dragon Ball.

After that we have the tournament of power that play as normal instead here they can kill each other (making the tournament more fierce) I don't know who will be part of the Universe 7 but MVP Android 17 would still win in the end. Frieza would be there I think for leading him to his next path of ambition to dethrone Zen'Oh. Piccolo will be here and he will play a good part making Namekian relevant again he will have a transformation. I think the team would be with Goku, Vegeta, Raditz, Gohan, Piccolo, Yamcha, Frieza, Android 17 and Android 18 with Paikuhan taking the tenth spot (leaving Kuririn and Tenshinhan since they've got their moment to shine during the tournament against the Universe 6) Surprisingly they would work as duo, Goku and Raditz, Vegeta and Yamcha, Gohan and Piccolo, Android 17 and 18 and Frieza and Paikuhan.

Then we have the Broly part, where I make Broly survive (Maybe Paragus depend how I will feel when I will see the movie) and found his waifu with Chirai, Lemo survive too (you don't kill Gintoki OH MY GOD !). Then end of Z occur with Goku taking Uub for a training trip. Winner of this tournament will be Vegeta with Raditz being second imagine whoever you want for the third spot lol.

Years later come the reimagined GT version, with the search for the dragon ball arc, here Uub is the hero central and go for the search of the Black Star Dragon Ball, the Black Star Dragon Ball were created by Dende using fragment of the Super Dragon Ball to boost the original earth Dragon Ball power, here Dende first experience do good and ask the Dragon Red Shenron a first wish Raditz being here he choose the wish and ressurect his mom Gine. Being a success Dende conclude that indeed the new Dragon Balls are more powerful and ask the Dragon that he can leave, but oops since they were created with fragment of Super Dragon Ball they scatter into space. So the Z-Warrior come back together and plan on sending few volunteers into space (Uub, Bra, Trunks, Marron, Goten and Pan) are chosen for this task. They go to space fall against the Luud Cult with the Para Brother and Ledgic joing force with our kids and fight the Luud cult as well as some of Frieza force (yes this guy is not dead yet (it's my Hisoka-Oroshimaru)) they unravel the Tsuful big project that leads our youngs lads towards an evil force comprise of the Mutant army created by Dr Muy and Dr Raichi.

Which lead to an all bout battle on earth with Bebi and Hatchiyack (Yes you guess it of course Bebi Hatchiyack will be a thing) that will be defeated by a combining force of all our heroes. Uub having a power boost thanks to Majin Buu (the fat one) who will fuse permanently with Uub not without creating offspring of him before. Branding him as a saviour.

Then you have the hell revolt arc that will be orchestrated here by Majin Ozotto instead of Super Android 17 and all the Dr's vilain. Instead 17 and 18 would have power boost thanks to Bulma and Tights research on the Brutz wave they will become both Super Android 17 and Super Android 18. Mostly here and with the arrival of the Big Gete Star towards earth during the hell crisis that will give to Hacchan, Arale and Android 16 a power boost the opportunity to evolve and develop a soul. Hacchan and Android 16 will even fuse permantly together. Arale will end up with the result of this fusion. Then the androids saviour army with their new found power will battle Ozotto and will be defeated by them. His magic would have make the Saiyan and most of the Z-Gang powerless.

The next battle and final battle in this reboot will be against of course the Shadow Dragon here all existing set of Dragon Balls will be involved leading to the creation of powerful vilain where all the Warriors in Universe 7 will join force to battle against. And at the end of this arc the Dragon Balls (from New Namek and Earth would be sealed) whilst under order of the Dai Shinkan the Super Dragon Ball would remain under Zen'Oh sole supervision. Also Chronoa would be introduce as a the new north Kaioshin for Universe 7 and not yet as Time Kaioshin Kibito would have been promoted by then as South Kaioshin, the West Kaioshin would have been reinstitue in her fonction not before taking trial and ordeal under Shin supervision but also with the Dai Shinkan involved. And our Elder Kaioshin would have been promoted Dai Kaioshin.

The namekian having their New Namek home planet destroy they would end up on earth near Baba's place as their finally home place. Earth becoming more crowded.

The serie will end here with the foreshadowing of the Online/Xenoverse/Heroes portion that I have yet to settle together right and well. I am also waiting for the reveal of the Makaios and Makaioshins so that's why.

So How do you like my Reboot ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu