LIVE Interview with DALE KELLY (Narrator, Ginyu) on 1/29/16!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Re: LIVE Interview with DALE KELLY (Narrator, Ginyu) on 1/29

Post by Ozotto » Sat May 07, 2016 11:01 pm

Oh man I'm a really big fan of the funi dub.

And I gotta say not having the NEP’s (Next Episode Previews), LEP’s (Last Episode Previews), along with the Episode Closing Theme & Narration on a disc release is depressing.

The narration is just as much apart of the original broadcast as the faulconer music and the rock the dragon intro (which we don't have either)

Funi please release a complete original broadcast version of dbz and don't crop it, don't crush the blacks, don't remove the grain, the FX, or mess with the colors.

Give me those sweet NEP, LEP, episode closing theme & narration, and credits with it's theme!!

This would be my dream, and the only release I would need, I don't care much for the Japanese version.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun May 08, 2016 2:08 am

Vados_chan wrote:
ABED wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:Funi were dicks then and they're still dicks today.
How do you figure they're still dicks today?
You only have to read interviews with them Sabat and Schemmel too see how arrogant and stuck up they are.
That's not particularly illuminating and you are getting a biased response. Could you cite 1 or 2 specific examples?

If they were nearly this arrogant and stuck up company, 1 - I don't think FUNi was paying anyone enough to continue working for them in spite of it, and 2 - There are plenty of people who have said FUNi was good to them, including Schemmel. For example, they didn't have to fly him back from NY to record Goku, but they did.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun May 08, 2016 9:08 am

Ozotto wrote:Oh man I'm a really big fan of the funi dub.

And I gotta say not having the NEP’s (Next Episode Previews), LEP’s (Last Episode Previews), along with the Episode Closing Theme & Narration on a disc release is depressing.

The narration is just as much apart of the original broadcast as the faulconer music and the rock the dragon intro (which we don't have either)

Funi please release a complete original broadcast version of dbz and don't crop it, don't crush the blacks, don't remove the grain, the FX, or mess with the colors.

Give me those sweet NEP, LEP, episode closing theme & narration, and credits with it's theme!!

This would be my dream, and the only release I would need, I don't care much for the Japanese version.
Clutchins did a petition for a release like that, but it's closed now. I don't think Funimation will ever release the original US broadcast dub, but if we're lucky we'll get a definitive 4:3 Blu-Ray with the NEPs, and LEPs reworked for the uncut version a few years down the road.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: