Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:55 pm

SSBX wrote:Does anyone have a link to where I can find the raw version of the original dragon ball online?
I'd check yahoo Japan where you can find the Dbox singles pretty cheap :D

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:32 pm

I have just added to my collection the FUNimation Dragon Ball GT Singles complete with Boxes in almost pristine condition. A Hero's Legacy is brand new factory sealed with an apparent bonus disc something similar to the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 PS2 Special Edition. The lost episodes are also sealed but the box is not.

jumpshot22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jumpshot22 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:39 pm

I have had these for awhile now, but I finally got frames to display them. Here are my Dragon Ball vinyls.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:08 pm

Thought I would share some recent things I got

A couple Trunks & Vegeta figures

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 9515614209

Goku/Goku Black Mug from Hot Topic (also got a Gray shirt with Goku, Vegeta, Beerus & Whis not pictured)

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 9668341760

Winter Dragon Ball Puzzle + Vegeta Plate & Cards

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 6724500485

And stuff that arrived today

Dragon Ball Hero cards. I don’t collect trading cards but I loved everyone in suits so I had to get this set. :)

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 9300651009

And finally clear files from the Vegeta & Toshiba collaboration + the recent Vegeta & Cabba Shikishi

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 1570493441

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Just picked this up.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
SSBX wrote:Does anyone have a link to where I can find the raw version of the original dragon ball online?
Um, DB Online was a free MMO. nothing to do with the Dragon Box. And why would you want a raw when theres a mostly patched english version out there?

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:37 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
Um, DB Online was a free MMO. nothing to do with the Dragon Box. And why would you want a raw when theres a mostly patched english version out there?
I can't tell if this post is serious or not, but I think he was asking where he could buy the original Japanese version of the anime, online. This is why commas are important.
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the raw version of the original dragon ball online?
Would actually be better phrased as:
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the raw version of the original dragon ball, online?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Sin wrote:[
I can't tell if this post is serious or not, but I think he was asking where he could buy the original Japanese version of the anime, online. This is why commas are important.
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the raw version of the original dragon ball online?
Would actually be better phrased as:
Does anyone have a link to where I can find the raw version of the original dragon ball, online?
Yeah you're right I see that now. I was being serious guess i just read it wrong. :lol:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Just got the Ocean Dub Movies at a local used video store
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Lucifer666

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:41 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:Just got the Ocean Dub Movies at a local used video store
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Does movie 3 have Peter Kelamis as Goku in that DVD? Because I'm mad my Rock The Dragon edition has the version with Ian's voice with ocean music and the one with Peter's voice doesn't which is my favorite version of movie 3. I got it on VHS but I would love a DVD version since my vcr can't connect to my monitor and my TV.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:31 am

Lucifer666 wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Does movie 3 have Peter Kelamis as Goku in that DVD? Because I'm mad my Rock The Dragon edition has the version with Ian's voice with ocean music and the one with Peter's voice doesn't which is my favorite version of movie 3. I got it on VHS but I would love a DVD version since my vcr can't connect to my monitor and my TV.
Correct, Ian Corellets Tree of Might is only available on Rock the Dragon

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 am

Lucifer666 wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Pioneer DVD - Kelamis (w/ Original Z Music)
Rock the Dragon - Corlett (w/ Ocean Music)

The RtD set was a faithful nostalgia collection for Ocean Dub fans and FUNimation tried to be as accurate as possible with the content included. Kind of a shame there was no Ocean Music for Movies 1 and 2, though.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:19 pm

And now to something completely different: Beerus + Alcohol!

And if anybody is asking: No, I don't have Whis. Don't know why I didn't pick it up when I had the chance.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:26 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:And now to something completely different: Beerus + Alcohol!
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Stone Cold Beerus.

And that's the bottom line!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Lucifer666 wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Yes, the Rock the Dragon edition is the only home video release of the TV edited Tree of Might. Every other release of the Pioneer trilogy includes the version with Kelamis as Goku and Kikuchi's score. I'd definitely say look out for this box set on Ebay now and again. I got it at a reasonable price some time ago and its well worth owning as a collector of the series and good dubs.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:52 am

[spoiler]
Bryesque wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:
Bryesque wrote: Niiiice. :)

I'll never forget finding the last 3 sets in a pawn shop for $8 (Canadian) each. I am never that lucky. :lol: Though I'll never see the first four, that's for sure.
Daaammn dude! That's a fucking deal. What condition were they in?
Definitely not as nice as yours, but for the price I can't complain. :lol: They have some small nicks and tears on the outer boxes (and unfortunately there were price stickers put on the box that were impossible to get off without some minor damage) but everything inside is mostly in great shape.[/spoiler] I'm gonna be on the hunt for a miracle deal on boxes 1-4 for the rest of my life, though nobody's that lucky. :lol:
(Sorry about an incredibly late reply lol)
Wow the deal you got on those 3 already is phenomenal, I personally like all my stuff in 8/10 or better condition but dude with these sets if I could find them for $8 a piece and I didn't own them I'd happily buy them even if it was literally just a binder the disks tbh. The content of this specific set is so important I'd say yo got a mega steal.

---

I have gotten lucky myself with just about every rare or sought after piece I've purchased and could definitely give some pointers to new collectors/fans on doing the same if anybody on here would be able to make use of them.

I got all the US Dragon Boxes $25-30 a piece in sealed new or like-new condition, aside from number 1, 2 and 4; Box 1 I purchased almost full MSRP as it was pre-order when they had just announced them as being pre-order-able on Amazon. Box 4 costed me $100 because I had notifications on for it's sale on eBay and it didn't go up for under $250 for several months so I jumped at $100. Box 2 I essentially got for free (!!!!) because I owned all but 2 and 4 at this point and bought a dudes eBay lot including 1,2,3 and 5 and resold the 3 and 5 for the $125 I paid him for his lot and shipping Box 1 to a friend in Korea. Also box 2 was the only sealed one in his lot still, and it remains so to this day lol.
Same with my JP Dragon Boxes, I paid $185/ea plus a middleman cost, shipping and a very small customs tax. On Dragon Ball Z 2V, I did a snipe bid and by the time I received it I had paid $67. When Rock The Dragon became hard to find and had already skyrocketed on eBay to well over $150 on average listings I hunted it down and found a Walmart about 20 miles from me that happened to have one still buried in a warehouse. I purchased it for $34 free pickup.
Super Saiya-jin 5 Toroten

A list of things I might need in my collection (contact me if you should want/need to let go of yours!):

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:41 am

Does anyone know what this is or where I can find this? The person who posted it is being selfish by not saying where he found the video. I need it for my collection!

https://www.facebook.com/GojiitaAF/vide ... 813685482/

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:02 am

SaiyaSith wrote:Does anyone know what this is or where I can find this? The person who posted it is being selfish by not saying where he found the video. I need it for my collection!

This looks homemade, my man. A lightbox. I'm looking a little deeper now for you but tbh, I do not think this is being sold, I believe it was a commissioned piece or home project.

Edit: Gone pretty deep looking, seems only Spanish speakers remotely recognized it as something but they all commented on it being expensive. The only people saying what it is or where it's from are saying its a monitor. So it's most likely that, a monitor with like a Pi powering the image at most. I'd say your best bet would be to find an OLED or a projector style lightbox if you have a budget and the source of the image broadcasted. If you make it yourslef you should find a way to have it be still and then with some button or gesture start moving and playing the music!

A list of things I might need in my collection (contact me if you should want/need to let go of yours!):

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:54 am

Ss5Troten wrote:
SaiyaSith wrote:Does anyone know what this is or where I can find this? The person who posted it is being selfish by not saying where he found the video. I need it for my collection!

This looks homemade, my man. A lightbox. I'm looking a little deeper now for you but tbh, I do not think this is being sold, I believe it was a commissioned piece or home project.

Edit: Gone pretty deep looking, seems only Spanish speakers remotely recognized it as something but they all commented on it being expensive. The only people saying what it is or where it's from are saying its a monitor. So it's most likely that, a monitor with like a Pi powering the image at most. I'd say your best bet would be to find an OLED or a projector style lightbox if you have a budget and the source of the image broadcasted. If you make it yourslef you should find a way to have it be still and then with some button or gesture start moving and playing the music!
Thanks for the trouble! I'm guessing it's the same tech that Panasonic/ LG uses for their "transparent tv's" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhc1f1QI2Kc but I didn't realize that people were making their own. It has to be one of the coolest Dragon Ball pieces I've ever seen!

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am

[spoiler]
SaiyaSith wrote:
Ss5Troten wrote:

[/spoiler]

Thanks for the trouble! I'm guessing it's the same tech that Panasonic/ LG uses for their "transparent tv's" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhc1f1QI2Kc but I didn't realize that people were making their own. It has to be one of the coolest Dragon Ball pieces I've ever seen!
Agreed! If you end up looking into or making it please share! Heck some folks on here would likely commission you to make more.