Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by Forte224 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Once again my collection is complete...for now. So stoked to finally have all of these:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:26 am

Forte224 wrote:[spoiler]Once again my collection is complete...for now. So stoked to finally have all of these:

Image[/spoiler]
Out of anything ever released by this entire series, this is the prettiest thing to look at. Gotta love the Dragon Boxes.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:
Forte224 wrote:[spoiler]Once again my collection is complete...for now. So stoked to finally have all of these:

Image[/spoiler]
Out of anything ever released by this entire series, this is the prettiest thing to look at. Gotta love the Dragon Boxes.
Indeed they are, I love how good they look stacked next to each other.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 am

I always found this to be a pretty comical sight. Even though the Japanese ones are so much bigger in height, they still take up less space than the Funimation one (going by width not height). They also look better with less yellow breaks... I mean, I have to justify getting them somehow lol

Until now, I never noticed that they repositioned Gohan on Funimation's Dragon Boxes.

Last edited by TheGreatness25 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 am

Forte224 wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:

Image[/spoiler]
Do you think we'll get one for Super ? I know its been released on Blu-ray but I'd still like to see a collector item to put alongside the original DBoxes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:59 am

sintzu wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:
Do you think we'll get one for Super ? I know its been released on Blu-ray but I'd still like to see a collector item to put alongside the original DBoxes.
Doubtful. There isn't a remaster of the footage itself that's needed.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:29 am

Forte224 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Indeed they are, I love how good they look stacked next to each other.
I mean what we already got but with a collector book, a behind the scenes dvd and maybe a figure.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am

I doubt there would be a "Dragon Box" for Super. I really would like some guidebooks, though. That would be pretty awesome. A-Are there already guidebooks for Super...?

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 am

sintzu wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I mean what we already got but with a collector book, a behind the scenes dvd and maybe a figure.
Hmm, I suppose it's possible. I just don't think they'd call it a Dragon Box or anything.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:02 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:A-Are there already guidebooks for Super...?
Apart form a small preview booklet that released before Super aired, no. I thought we'd get something once it was over but they've yet to announce anything which is surprising. I guess we could get something before the movie releases.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 pm

It hasn't been over for very long. Hopefully something come out soon. Hopefully we'll get some sooner than later. Though, Super might still pick back up. I'd love to have a consolidation of all of the official information -- mostly the character, location, item, and attack names.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:36 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:It hasn't been over for very long. Hopefully something come out soon. Hopefully we'll get some sooner than later. Though, Super might still pick back up. I'd love to have a consolidation of all of the official information -- mostly the character, location, item, and attack names.
I thinking very likely super will be back but they can still release something that covers BOG up to the Broly movie.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:05 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I always found this to be a pretty comical sight. Even though the Japanese ones are so much bigger in height, they still take up less space than the Funimation one (going by width not height). They also look better with less yellow breaks... I mean, I have to justify getting them somehow lol

Until now, I never noticed that they repositioned Gohan on Funimation's Dragon Boxes.

I missed this post somehow. Yeah they do take up more space, but as a standalone product, I actually prefer the compact packaging of the American Z Boxes vs the Japanese ones, along with how the character art was handled. 1 large image per box instead of the weird large one in one corner and tiny one in the other corner.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Finally found a little place for my gashapons. May get a pin board since I have semi started collecting UDMs as they are incredibly cheap, and being small I can easily add a few to shipments of larger figures. I do still have my premium gashapons boxed still as I am scared they'll get damaged or something lol.

End of July is when my Trunks arc display will be complete and I am excited to show that off!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Ultra Instinct :)

Super Kal

Post by Super Kal » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:42 am

eighteen years ago, i had a wallscroll of this, and someone stole it from me.
earlier this week, i was finally able to buy some plastic rods to hang this up.
this has always been my favorite picture

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:52 pm

So decided to clear some space for the new movie, so thought I'd share all my DB stuff!

Top shelf, large figures and figures still boxed:
Middle shelves rest of the Banpresto figures, tried matching figures together where possible:
Then Bandai gashapons:
Lastly home video, been waiting forever for OG DB on BD other than that not too interested in old movies or ever buying the ResF retellings, still need to get Kai Part 1 too:
And on my desk...

Blondiebear_17

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:46 pm

My wallet hates me so for now I am at a stopping point for the rest of this year. Unless I run into a good deal out in the wild.

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheNamekGio » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:27 am

Haven't been on here in a while, but here are some of my latest purchases. Ebay Japanese Uniqlo shirts. Also an updated look at the upper area of my closet. Some things are not necessarily Dragon Ball related except the top shelf.
Image Image Image
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

TLM Reviews

Post by TLM Reviews » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:43 pm

TheNamekGio wrote:Haven't been on here in a while, but here are some of my latest purchases. Ebay Japanese Uniqlo shirts. Also an updated look at the upper area of my closet. Some things are not necessarily Dragon Ball related except the top shelf.
Image Image Image

Where did you get those Dragon Ball T-shirts?? Thanks