Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Finally finished my Dragon Ball collection (for now, see sig for my future hopes and dreams)! This took a while! What I had left to was the entire manga and GT (as well as the Jaco and Super manga so far, as a bonus):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now, one big issue I've been having with these VIZBigs is that they're really uncomfortable to sit and read, and I'm scared to open them up too wide as I've heard and seen that they have binding issues. So...a week after buying them, I go to Half Price Books, and what to I find but 33 of the 42 individual volumes of the manga for $3.99 each? How could I say no?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So, now I need to finish these off. Am I crazy? I keep spending money on this series and every time I say I'm done I go "Oooo look at that". :crazy:

Blondiebear_17

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:58 pm

Forte224 wrote:Finally finished my Dragon Ball collection (for now, see sig for my future hopes and dreams)! This took a while! What I had left to was the entire manga and GT (as well as the Jaco and Super manga so far, as a bonus):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now, one big issue I've been having with these VIZBigs is that they're really uncomfortable to sit and read, and I'm scared to open them up too wide as I've heard and seen that they have binding issues. So...a week after buying them, I go to Half Price Books, and what to I find but 33 of the 42 individual volumes of the manga for $3.99 each? How could I say no?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So, now I need to finish these off. Am I crazy? I keep spending money on this series and every time I say I'm done I go "Oooo look at that". :crazy:
It happens when your faced with a good deal in real life it's especially hard to say no. I love places like Half Price books as well as Movie trading company and Games Xchange they have a lot of stuff you can get really good deals and sometimes rarer things slip through the cracks and you can get things way cheaper than online. I honestly hope that once I get to a certain point too that I won't be spending as much but there is infinite merchandise. I am just working on having the DVDs and blurays I don't even want to think about the manga. I realize I don't have any figures or toys though so I think it would be nice to get a few S.H Figuarts they are so nice looking.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Blondiebear_17 wrote:
Forte224 wrote:Finally finished my Dragon Ball collection (for now, see sig for my future hopes and dreams)! This took a while! What I had left to was the entire manga and GT (as well as the Jaco and Super manga so far, as a bonus):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It happens when your faced with a good deal in real life it's especially hard to say no. I love places like Half Price books as well as Movie trading company and Games Xchange they have a lot of stuff you can get really good deals and sometimes rarer things slip through the cracks and you can get things way cheaper than online. I honestly hope that once I get to a certain point too that I won't be spending as much but there is infinite merchandise. I am just working on having the DVDs and blurays I don't even want to think about the manga. I realize I don't have any figures or toys though so I think it would be nice to get a few S.H Figuarts they are so nice looking.
Exactly! Had I walked out of there and not taken the deal I never would've let myself live it down, haha. Figuarts are really nice, but I'm partial to Banpresto. They're not always great, but when they are, they look like they were ripped right from the show.

Blondiebear_17

Post by Blondiebear_17 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 am

These are the most interesting things I have.

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Banana » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:09 am

One of my Vegeta figures, along with my Axolotl who is also Vegeta, the Prince of Saiyans. Yeah, I seriously decided to name him that XD I'll probably show off more crap later, got tons of figures, tshirts, and a few manga volumes but I felt like my salamander is always appropriate. <3
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:06 am

I could have sworn I already posted this here, but then again I am literally losing my mind

These days I collect 1:18 scale almost exclusively. Unfortunately, there aren't a heck of a lot of decent options for DB figures. The new SHODO finally releasing was a massive blessing, though.

Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

Barely a month since it's debut my UI collection is already underway! :)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm

My copy of Artificial Human #18 Version III from the Dragon Ball Gals line arrived!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Now that I've moved on to collected Ultra Instinct... Here's my SSGSS collection which I won't be going out my way for anymore. It's been a great 3 years!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am

Banana wrote:Image

One of my Vegeta figures, along with my Axolotl who is also Vegeta, the Prince of Saiyans. Yeah, I seriously decided to name him that XD I'll probably show off more crap later, got tons of figures, tshirts, and a few manga volumes but I felt like my salamander is always appropriate. <3
This is so funny! Love it.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Well, I finally finished my collection for now! Not as extensive as some others here, but I'm happy with it at the moment. I still want all of the Japanese Dragon Boxes one day, but that's gonna have to wait a while, haha. Oh, and I want Super on blu ray but I'm waiting for them to hopefully release season sets.

Ocean dub uncut movies and Dragon Ball the Complete Illustrations

The complete anime

The complete manga singles, plus Jaco and DB Minus

Super's released manga so far, and the complete VizBigs. Oh, and Vegeta too

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 am

[spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I’ve just given up on pretending I’m done lol also I have to run back into your history but are you only collecting
Super Saiya-jin 5 Toroten

A list of things I might need in my collection (contact me if you should want/need to let go of yours!):

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 am

Ss5Troten wrote: I’ve just given up on pretending I’m done lol also I have to run back into your history but are you only collecting
Am I only collecting what? Sorry I don't understand the question.

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Wed May 09, 2018 1:18 am

Forte224 wrote:
Ss5Troten wrote: I’ve just given up on pretending I’m done lol also I have to run back into your history but are you only collecting
Silly me, haha, I corrected my post in edit because I got sidetracked and posted but I never hit submit. I apologize. I could correct the original if that would be better protocol but what I *meant* to say was are you NOT collecting Super?

A list of things I might need in my collection (contact me if you should want/need to let go of yours!):

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:21 am

Ss5Troten wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
Silly me, haha, I corrected my post in edit because I got sidetracked and posted but I never hit submit. I apologize. I could correct the original if that would be better protocol but what I *meant* to say was are you NOT collecting Super?
Ah got it, haha. I will be collecting Super but not until they release the season sets for blu ray. They're bound to be a much better deal than these parts releases which are a bit of a rip off. I like Super but I don't hold it in a high enough regard to collect each part as it comes out.

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Wed May 09, 2018 1:27 am

Forte224 wrote:
Ss5Troten wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
Ah got it, haha. I will be collecting Super but not until they release the season sets for blu ray. They're bound to be a much better deal than these parts releases which are a bit of a rip off. I like Super but I don't hold it in a high enough regard to collect each part as it comes out.
Ah that makes sense, our collections are mostly identical. I too haven’t collected Super as I want Season BR sets. The only “parts” I’ve purchased since the VHS days are Kai, because I had 1-4 for the Yamamoto score and figured I’d get the other 7 parts in that format so they’d look the same even though I hate it lol, and the Level Sets.

Side question, do you collect any of the games or have the other Daizenshuu/Chozenshuu?

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:12 am

Ss5Troten wrote:Ah that makes sense, our collections are mostly identical. I too haven’t collected Super as I want Season BR sets. The only “parts” I’ve purchased since the VHS days are Kai, because I had 1-4 for the Yamamoto score and figured I’d get the other 7 parts in that format so they’d look the same even though I hate it lol, and the Level Sets.

Side question, do you collect any of the games or have the other Daizenshuu/Chozenshuu?
Ha, I really want the Kai parts too but they're so expensive now. I didn't realize the Kai TFC blu rays would match the parts so I backed my parts 1-4 with Yamamoto up to my PC, got rid of them, and then bought Seasons 1-4 so it all looked consistent. Then TFC came out and ruined that. I also want the 2 level sets but it's not a huge priority. My main goal is to have the show complete in a way I can watch it in its best quality, and I happen to like the Dragon Box video over the level sets for those original episodes.

This is also why I want all the Japanese Dragon Boxes, so I can back them up and use that fan made program to add subtitles to them, and have the best picture quality available. That's a ways down the road though.

I haven't collected any other Daizenshuu/Chozenshuu, no, and I don't plan to for a while. Possibly some day, but at the moment I don't even have space for them :lol: Do you have them? And do you recommend them?

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Forte224 wrote: (for now, see sig for my future hopes and dreams)!
I just did this myself, even though I have a note in my phone what better place to put what you’re missing than here haha. HFIL somebody might have an extra of what you want!
Forte224 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Now, one big issue I've been having with these VIZBigs is that they're really uncomfortable to sit and read, and I'm scared to open them up too wide as I've heard and seen that they have binding issues.
My biggest gripe with those to be honest (aside from varying censorship present in all English releases) is the spine art. They could’ve made it so much more interesting and still kept the theme of Goku. We got 5 of one Goku, 5 of another, 3 of another and Vegetto. When Toriyama sensei gave us plenty of outfits to work with that would’ve been nice to see. Not even just his one-off art pieces like the Journey to the West stuff or cover art but they could’ve been relevant. The outfit he wore to train with Kame-Sennin, the outfit he had on when he charged Red Ribbon, the outfit he came to 23rd BT in, Yardrat outfit, Bulma’s Sento outfit, EoZ gi. Idk lol.
Forte224 wrote:
Ss5Troten wrote:[spoiler]Ah that makes sense, our collections are mostly identical. I too haven’t collected Super as I want Season BR sets. The only “parts” I’ve purchased since the VHS days are Kai, because I had 1-4 for the Yamamoto score and figured I’d get the other 7 parts in that format so they’d look the same even though I hate it lol, and the Level Sets.

Side question, do you collect any of the games or have the other Daizenshuu/Chozenshuu?[/spoiler]
Ha, I really want the Kai parts too but they're so expensive now. I didn't realize the Kai TFC blu rays would match the parts so I backed my parts 1-4 with Yamamoto up to my PC, got rid of them, and then bought Seasons 1-4 so it all looked consistent. Then TFC came out and ruined that.
Ah dude that sucks! At least they aren’t impossible to find if you should decide to go back and do it in parts. Just expensive as you said. I too focus on consistency and because I have the Yamamoto parts and don’t foresee there ever being a TFC Box I will be selling season 3&4 and just doing the whole thing in parts for consistency’s sake. Now that Super is over I’ll finish collecting Kai TFC and wait for Seasons of Super on BR. I refuse to have my collection be in parts if I don’t have to lol. Not again. Kai can be an exception for the sake of the Yamamoto OST but with the incredible popularity and demand for Super there’s no reason it shouldn’t receive season BR’s from Funi.
Forte224 wrote:I also want the 2 level sets but it's not a huge priority. I happen to like the Dragon Box video over the level sets for those original episodes.
I happen to agree.
Forte224 wrote: My main goal is to have the show complete in a way I can watch it in its best quality.
This is also why I want all the Japanese Dragon Boxes, so I can back them up and use that fan made program to add subtitles to them, and have the best picture quality available. That's a ways down the road though.
My JP boxes are the jewel of my collection and I wish I had the entire set. I have all the ones I do own backed to a drive, yeah Scouter or whatever that program is called works well, ime.

I recently finished getting that collection of the Broadcast Audio that’s floating around the internet. I’d like to Re-mux it all and throw some upscaled DBox footage, Broadcast Audio (where applicable) and that Scouter programs subs together, then burn on to some BR for personal use. I’d like the BR to have as many episodes as possible on each disc so I can just play all and sit back - HFIL if I have time it’d be cool to either program the menu in a way that mimics marathon mode on the orange brick sets or just cut the footage together that way myself. It’s a big semi-convoluted project but I figure when I get my new place I go ahead and start it since I’ll have everything I need to do so.
Forte224 wrote:I haven't collected any other Daizenshuu/Chozenshuu, no, and I don't plan to for a while. Possibly some day, but at the moment I don't even have space for them :lol: Do you have them? And do you recommend them
I have many of them. 1,3-5 and the Cardass Supp ones. Then I have Chozenshuu 1 and the English Daizenshuu. Along with GT Perfect files and a limited few other databooks. I personally love these books but consider them of secondary importance. The art is great and if you can read them they’re really very interesting. They bring a nice experience but some of the info inside is variable as far as accuracy or just being retconned in general. I like that because it adds a “back in my day” experience lol but it’s not for everybody. I personally recommend them if you like art and like encycopledia. Not to mention they’ll just be getting harder and harder to find as years pass. My guess is in 10 years or less a complete set will cost US DBox prices lol.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:12 am

Ss5Troten wrote:snip
I agree on the spine art for the VizBigs, they just look really uninspired.

For now I'm good with the seasons for Kai. I may get the parts back someday, but I did back parts 1-4 up onto my PC and for seasons 3 and 4, I used SuperSaiyanHedgehog's fan project where he restored the Yamamoto score up to episode 95, and then did his own custom placements for 96-98, since Yamamoto never existed in those episodes.

The broadcast audio is pretty cool to have. There's kind of a buzzing sound I can't get past and I tend to stick with the DBox audio, but I still switch it up.

And cool! I may collect more of those books someday.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Sun May 20, 2018 5:08 pm

I didn't see this thread before but here's mine so far, always getting more though, even if slowly.