Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheNamekGio
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by TheNamekGio » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:06 pm

TLM Reviews wrote:
TheNamekGio wrote:Haven't been on here in a while, but here are some of my latest purchases. Ebay Japanese Uniqlo shirts. Also an updated look at the upper area of my closet. Some things are not necessarily Dragon Ball related except the top shelf.

Where did you get those Dragon Ball T-shirts?? Thanks
I got them off Ebay.
I'm a DB veteran thats paid my DB dues!!

SativaSam

Post by SativaSam » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am

Could someone please tell me the name of this GT item below? I saw it on the first page and I have to have it because I remember seeing it advertised on the bootleg GT VHS's I used to buy.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:20 pm

I finally did it! I completed my Dragon Ball 4:3 movie collection! Feels good to finally have that done. In case someone's wondering, I bought the first 3 Z movies twice because on one I can have the Ocean cast, and on the other I can have the Steve Simmons subtitles for watching the Japanese version as I'm not a fan of the subs on the Pioneer movies.

Also, I bought the DB Movie 2 single and replaced the 4 pack disc with the single disc. This is because of the frame rate issue on the 4 pack version.

So, that wraps up my classic Dragon Ball collection, which I have included BoG and RoF in because I still had 2 blu ray slots free and they were bugging me.

Time to move on to collecting the recent stuff, mainly Super. Still waiting to see if we get season sets of that though. Still, that collection is pretty decent so far with Kai and the manga.

MajinTrunks

Post by MajinTrunks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:57 am

Sorry, kind of a crappy quality photo. Using my cell phone.

SheonGT

Post by SheonGT » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Forte224 wrote: In case someone's wondering, I bought the first 3 Z movies twice because on one I can have the Ocean cast, and on the other I can have the Steve Simmons subtitles for watching the Japanese version as I'm not a fan of the subs on the Pioneer movies.
I’ve been collecting the old DVD releases and I thought about doing the exact same thing! Always thought I was the only one who paid attention or thought about this little nitpicky stuff. I mean, how many people actually own the Pioneer movie trilogy, let alone watch it subbed? The ocean dub is usually the draw for that set.

But I completely agree, their translation style is so awkward, good for the time but I’m so used to Daimao and his style that Pioneer’s sticks out like a sore thumb.
Especially their omission of honorifics. They kept calling Garlic Jr. Lord Garlic Jr if I remember right. Always rubbed me the wrong way.
Ask me about my love for the Faulconer Productions score!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:44 am

I haven't posted in a long while but my collection has changed around quite a bit.

Still got the same Dragon Boxes which were damaged while they were being stored... but everything else is in pretty good condition.

Basically only bought the 3-on-1s for the numbers being fixed, volume and chapter numbers are the right way around now also to the left of my Dragon Ball Collections from Australia and the Dragon Boxes you'll see FighterZ on Switch and some CDs! The Complete Songs for DB and DBZ plus the singles for the Dragon Ball Super openings. For stuff I didn't already own I want to support the HD UK release, so I'm getting Kai, the movies and Super all from the UK. I don't know why I have Azumanga Recycle there with my DB stuff actually, I own Yotsuba in Japanese, it should be with those volumes!

Also been getting the Full Color release from Japan (I already bought Saiyan, Freeza, and Artificial Humans and Cell arcs, they just haven't arrived, also expecting some packages from Amazon and HMV, the UK Double Features 4, 5 and 6, and Dragon Ball Super parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Blu-ray (HMV has a deal, 2 Blu-rays). I originally held off on buying the Super Blu-rays because of how bad the anime was in comparison to the manga. The first two volumes of the Chozenshuu arrived last month too! Which I'm keeping next to the Viz Daizenshuu 1 and the Golden Warrior art book.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Forte224 wrote: Time to move on to collecting the recent stuff, mainly Super. Still waiting to see if we get season sets of that though. Still, that collection is pretty decent so far with Kai and the manga.
Hey I only just read this. I'd wait longer, Australia have already started putting super in a more compact collection. Each collection has 52 episodes instead of the 13ep parts that are now available. I'm still gonna wait even longer for the box set

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 pm

bigray wrote:
Forte224 wrote: Time to move on to collecting the recent stuff, mainly Super. Still waiting to see if we get season sets of that though. Still, that collection is pretty decent so far with Kai and the manga.
Hey I only just read this. I'd wait longer, Australia have already started putting super in a more compact collection. Each collection has 52 episodes instead of the 13ep parts that are now available. I'm still gonna wait even longer for the box set
Thanks. I'm in America, and unfortunately FUNimation doesn't tend to release 50+ episode collections unless it's something like the Rock the Dragon set. I'll still wait and see though.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:37 pm

My collection so far.
Need to find more space for tons more things incoming :D

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:43 am

Though not necessarily a collection (though I do have one to post someday once I get it all put up), I figured this was the thread to post this

Tomorrow morning I'll be graduating from my state university with my Masters in Music, having previously graduated with a B.M.E (Bachelors of Music Ed). Dragonball Super, specifically Goku shattering through his limits, was a huge motivation to me to get through this degree, especially during thesis and comps. It's been long, hard 2 years but it all payed off in the end.

cracker

Post by cracker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:59 pm

SativaSam wrote:Could someone please tell me the name of this GT item below? I saw it on the first page and I have to have it because I remember seeing it advertised on the bootleg GT VHS's I used to buy.
DragonBall GT Caddass Mini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVm4z0UH2QQ

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:20 pm

For now, collecting the movies that I personally tend to watch most often, then I'll go back and get the rest when I have the money.

Gonna start collecting the OSTs.

Not pictured is Volume 1, which I already owned.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:37 pm

I actually have the boxes/sleeves for all of the sagas but I got them after the picture was taken. I even have the GT Box sleeves as well as Cell Games and Majin Buu which were the hardest to get.

Image Friend got me this for my birthday last year.

Image Bonus: Pan wallpaper. (Didn't make it just using it.)

Image I can't find my HD picture of this so this is all I have atm.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Finally decided to post up some pics of parts of all the Dragon Ball stuff i own, and while it may not be quite as extensive as some of the other awesome collections in this thread it's still a respectable collection for what it is. I have been working on this since late 2010 with mostly here and there purchases. Note that what you see in these photos isn't every single DB thing in my possession, i still have some other stuff which will be posted up here in due time.

Here's the main bread and butter of the collection which is of course the anime itself, and i must say that it has come together quite nicely over time with all the series/tv specials and movies. The Dragon Boxes are by far my most prized possessions out of them all given how rare and exorbitantly pricey they have come to be. I still need to eventually finish up Kai 1.0 then get all three parts of The Final Chapters, after that is when i will likely start focusing on collecting DB Super when hopefully they will have season sets out by then.

Here's the relatively small collection of the Viz DB/Z manga that i have collected up to now, and i plan to eventually get much more of them in the near future. Also got the Complete Illustrations aka Daizenshuu 1 book which is so awesome.

Here is the growing game collection as of now, and i definitely gotta say that the Japanese version of Final Bout is my treasure of this portion even if it is a so so game. How often is it that you find DB games from Japan in a used game store here in the States?
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Still got the 4th Week of December stuff to arrive plus overseas Ichiban Kuji Gogeta & Broly and all of Jan's stuff too but Broly collection so far (also have the movie booklet & newspaper not pictured)! I am pretty much gonna be done with merch after this movie... well so I tell myself lol.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:51 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:I haven't posted in a long while but my collection has changed around quite a bit.

Still got the same Dragon Boxes which were damaged while they were being stored... but everything else is in pretty good condition.

Basically only bought the 3-on-1s for the numbers being fixed, volume and chapter numbers are the right way around now also to the left of my Dragon Ball Collections from Australia and the Dragon Boxes you'll see FighterZ on Switch and some CDs! The Complete Songs for DB and DBZ plus the singles for the Dragon Ball Super openings. For stuff I didn't already own I want to support the HD UK release, so I'm getting Kai, the movies and Super all from the UK. I don't know why I have Azumanga Recycle there with my DB stuff actually, I own Yotsuba in Japanese, it should be with those volumes!

Also been getting the Full Color release from Japan (I already bought Saiyan, Freeza, and Artificial Humans and Cell arcs, they just haven't arrived, also expecting some packages from Amazon and HMV, the UK Double Features 4, 5 and 6, and Dragon Ball Super parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Blu-ray (HMV has a deal, 2 Blu-rays). I originally held off on buying the Super Blu-rays because of how bad the anime was in comparison to the manga. The first two volumes of the Chozenshuu arrived last month too! Which I'm keeping next to the Viz Daizenshuu 1 and the Golden Warrior art book.
You also own the Madman Dragon Ball Saga Sets. Nice. I did swap the covers of mine for the reversible ones without the logos so am kinda surprised to see those logos as most would rather have clean covers, I'd say.

Manga UK's Dragon Ball releases are a lot more pleasing to the eye but the Madman fatpacks are way cheaper.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:54 pm

I bought these over the course of 4 or 5 months. I've always wanted to own Dragon Ball in Japanese and due to only being 32 volumes and slightly cheaper than the Kanzenban it's the cheapest way, and it's all in color which I love.

I kinda want both the Tankobon and Kanzenban now, I already have the Kanzenban volumes 1 and 34.

I wrapped them in individual bags too to keep them in good condition.
I also finally finished building a Figure-Rise model of Vegeta I started a year ago...

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am

The Time Traveller wrote:I bought these over the course of 4 or 5 months. I've always wanted to own Dragon Ball in Japanese and due to only being 32 volumes and slightly cheaper than the Kanzenban it's the cheapest way, and it's all in color which I love.
Oh man do I envy your Full Colour collection!

This is my collection of Pop Vinyls, not counting Shenron (he's too big to fit there!), Son Goku (that one takes prime spot on my desk) or the new Yamcha (his hair has TONS of paint spatter on it). I'm hoping to expand it with more characters in the future, but at the moment I'm sticking only to one form of a character at a time, excepting Goku and possibly Saiyaman if they ever make a figure of him. I also have a Saiyan Arc Vegeta on the way who will replace Badman Vegeta. I really like the modern touch of including mini companions, Puar and Bubbles look so cute!

tronk21
Not-So-Newbie

Post by tronk21 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Here's my little collection:

The bottom shelf is non-Japanese stuff: Polish version of the manga and English translation of Daizenshuu 1.

The top shelf is all the Shonen Jumps I've got with Dragon Ball chapter in them. Next to them is DBZ: Anime Special II. On the right of the shelf you can see a Shonen Jump from 2015, which contains some Dragon Ball Super pictures in it.

The middle shelf is what I'm digging the most: Dragon Ball cassette tapes! Some tapes, the ones in sets called Koro-chan Packs, include these wonderful books.

Oh, and also I've got some other Polish stuff like some cards from bags of potato chips, some stickers, a T-shirt, some crappy chess board I bought in a kiosk, a lame DVD containing DBZ Movie 12 and 13 with the pathetic Polish dub and an issue of a Polish manga magazine dedicated to DB. I didn't take pictures of this stuff because they're not very exciting but I mention them just for the sake of completeness.

What is also worth mentioning is that I've got a Dragon Ball Z handkerchief from Belgium. A handkerchief! How about that?

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm

tronk21 wrote:Here's my little collection:

The bottom shelf is non-Japanese stuff: Polish version of the manga and English translation of Daizenshuu 1.

The top shelf is all the Shonen Jumps I've got with Dragon Ball chapter in them. Next to them is DBZ: Anime Special II. On the right of the shelf you can see a Shonen Jump from 2015, which contains some Dragon Ball Super pictures in it.

The middle shelf is what I'm digging the most: Dragon Ball cassette tapes! Some tapes, the ones in sets called Koro-chan Packs, include these wonderful books.

Oh, and also I've got some other Polish stuff like some cards from bags of potato chips, some stickers, a T-shirt, some crappy chess board I bought in a kiosk, a lame DVD containing DBZ Movie 12 and 13 with the pathetic Polish dub and an issue of a Polish manga magazine dedicated to DB. I didn't take pictures of this stuff because they're not very exciting but I mention them just for the sake of completeness.

What is also worth mentioning is that I've got a Dragon Ball Z handkerchief from Belgium. A handkerchief! How about that?

OMG those Shonen Jump issues are so freaking awesome, what i would give to get my hands on some of those bad boys. :thumbup:
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)