Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

THEGOKU
Regular

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by THEGOKU » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm actually looking to upload a picture of my stuff how would I go about doing that?

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Finally got my hands on this Christmas décor! :D

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Notes

missing
-Dbox 7
-Kai because i dont want to buy a half finished set.
-missing DBZ movies

- bottom left are spares that I'm going to sell
- Puzzle is a random image i got made into a 1000 piece puzzle
- Tapion ocarina is playable :D

- plan on burning the orange bricks or smashing with a sledge hammer
- dont know why I've bought so many different copies. just addicted to buying

Im insaneFromEarth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Im insaneFromEarth » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:21 pm

bigray wrote:Image

Notes

missing
-Dbox 7
-Kai because i dont want to buy a half finished set.
-missing DBZ movies

- bottom left are spares that I'm going to sell
- Puzzle is a random image i got made into a 1000 piece puzzle
- Tapion ocarina is playable :D

- plan on burning the orange bricks or smashing with a sledge hammer
- dont know why I've bought so many different copies. just addicted to buying
What are the DBZ looking tin boxes?

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:06 pm

So my collection has grown since the last time this picture was taken.

Here is my collection as it stands today!

I recently moved to a new place that I'll be staying in for the foreseeable future, so I decided to go all out on this setup. I tried to make everything look as classy as possible considering the nerdy subject matter. I didn't want the room to look too over cluttered and sloppy. It took some Ikea bookcases, a bunch of picture frames, and some well thought out layout ideas, but I love waking up to this sight every morning!

Here I have a picture frame full of Dragon Ball Super posters and a couple of the cover chapters of the manga that ran with V-Jump. It hurt ripping those covers from their respective books, but I think they look good in the frame. :D

My Dragon Ball AMV awards. I take great pride in these awards, because not many Dragon Ball AMVs ever made it to Anime Conventions as finalists within the past few years before 2012. Especially not fun and emotional types of Dragon Ball AMVs! I constantly have people tell me that when they first saw a Dragon Ball AMV on the list of Drama type videos for the contest, they were confused how that would work and thought it was a joke, but by the end of the show it turned out to be their favorite video! I'll leave a link to my popular Gohan themed AMV in case anybody wants to check it out! I highly recommend it even if you're not into AMVs. But hey, I guess I'm biased, so...

Pain into Power - A Gohan Tribute

I got this canvas idea from LordCrumbs about a year ago when he posted pictures of his. I decided to get custom canvas prints of the first 6 pages of the series. Another user on the forums, jumpshot22, was kind enough to help me get the colored images I needed to make these prints. They look amazing every time I look at them. Canvas art is the way to go!

Below that is a poster frame themed with the movies. The Japanese Collectors Edition release of Battle of Gods came with postcard size images of the posters of every movie up until that point. They made for a perfect border around the edge of the frame. Since I didn't have a postcard of Resurrection F, I threw in the promotional pamphlet of the movie.

This is a movie ticket for RoF that I got from eBay.

One of my most prized possessions. The One Piece and Dragon Ball Z special Collaboration Ticket. There are only 8989 copies of this in the world and I got 4356...from eBay, of course! I got it signed by Masako Nozawa (Goku), Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo), Ryūsei Nakao (Freeza), and Yūko Minaguchi (Videl). I had the chance to meet them during Animazement 2013. That was an amazing Convention! Masako Nozawa was so surprised to see the Collaboration ticket when I showed it to her to have her autograph it. She said that even she didn't have one and to take good care of it!

I've had these 1:1 scale Dragonballs for a while now, but I couldn't think of a good way to display them. That's when I had the realization that they were about the same size as baseballs! A baseball display case would be perfect! I found a 7 baseball display case on Amazon and snagged it up! It's perfect! I may move it somewhere more front and center in the future. Next to it is the Shenlong model used to create the dragon. The model can come apart too, to resemble how it looked after Piccolo Daimao killed Shenlong. It's supposed to light up too, but the light is very weak.

Battle of Gods and Resurrection F movie items.

I only recently finished collecting the original Dragon Ball Tankobon. It feels nice to finally have them all.

Dragon Ball Super items. There are SSGSS Goku and Vegeta drinking glasses, a bento box, volume 1 of the Super manga, figures, and some V-Jumps.

Guide Books and Art Books. As well as two copies of Shonen Jump with the One Piece and Dragon Ball crossover Cross Epoch.

All 34 volumes of the Kanzenban. It annoys me that a couple of their obis are white on the bottom. And what's worse is that they're obis that advertise Dragon Ball Evolution, haha.

The US Dragon Boxes. Fortunately at the time I had disposable income to purchase these as they were coming out. So I never had to pay more than $40 for each one. Another of my most prized possessions, because I was able to get them autographed by the Japanese voice actors as well. I got Ryu Horikawa's autograph at an anime convention in Hawaii.

Dragon Box The Movies! The inside cases that hold the discs look so nice that I had to have them out for display!

30th Anniversary book, another art book, and Jump Ryu in the back.

Here I have a few of Akira Toriyama's non-Dragon Ball works. Nekomajin, Volume 1 of the Dr. Slump Kanzenban, and the US and JPN volumes of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

Full Color Manga. I stopped buying the Japanese version of them once the US versions started coming out. For once the US equivalent feels a lot better than the original! My collection of them is still incomplete though.

The US Manga. Finally, a format of the manga I own that I can actually read!

DBZ Kai. You know you have an issue when you purchase 4 different versions of Part 1. Part 1 on the far left has the Yamamoto music. The green set on the right was signed by Chris Ayres. The new US voice of Freeza. I'm sorry, I mean "Frieza." ;)

There's no theme on this shelf. Just a bunch of stuff that didn't fit anywhere else. That's not to belittle any of the items there! There's some really cool stuff there, like:

-The Bardock and Trunks TV special DVD that has them in Dragon Box quality
-The SSJ Bardock and Plan to Eradicate the SSJ's special
-Some of the Japanese Dragon Box singles. I bought them back when there was no sign of the US getting Dragon Boxes
-The first 5 Dragon Ball Legend releases. It sucks that these go out of stock so quickly. I wasn't able to get volume 6 so now it wouldn't feel right getting any of the other ones.
-The manga version of the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour special
-The manga version of the SSJ Bardock special

And the last thing on this shelf!!!
-1984 Weekly Shonen Jump Vol.50 - This is the issue of WSJ prior to Vol.51 which was where the first chapter of Dragon Ball was released to the world! There are two pages in this issue that advertised a new series that Akira Toriyama was working on called "Dragon Ball". I haven't decided what I want to do with this yet. I'm debating whether I should rip the ads off of the issue and frame them for display...or if I should just keep it intact.

And yes, I got Vol.50 because the actual Volume with the first Dragon Ball chapter, Vol.51, sells for around $400. Drabaz don't got that kind of spending money!

A bunch of Goku figures

Villains. I guess Bardock doesn't really count as a villain, but whatever.

S.H. FiguArts figures with some enemies in the back.

The ladies

And lastly on the bottom row are my US DVDs. Just look at all the attempts at trying to collect the series in one consistent format. It was tough times back in my the day. You can see I only ever purchased one copy of the Orange Bricks. But I guess I do have that release to thank for giving Funimation enough revenue to actually give us the Dragon Boxes.

That's most of my collection. I do have a bunch of video games, wall scrolls, and more little figures that just didn't make the cut. I've been collecting since 2003. So this is 16 years in the making. I'm not rich so I had to collect things little by little. A good amount was purchased by fellow people here on the Kanzenshuu forums. So I have this great community to thank for all this! Thanks!!

My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:34 pm

I'm so annoyed this guy didnt put spoilers in his post^^^^^^^ made me so angry
I'm insaneFromEarth wrote:

What are the DBZ looking tin boxes?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean but I'm guessing you mean the 3 grey boxes. they are the original GT box sets in australia. they're not the remastered version and they have the original 'db gt rap' intro. I'm pretty sure the US had their own boxset release but it just looks different.

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:51 am

Drabaz wrote:So my collection has grown since the last time this picture was taken.

[spoiler]Image

I recently moved to a new place that I'll be staying in for the foreseeable future, so I decided to go all out on this setup. I tried to make everything look as classy as possible considering the nerdy subject matter. I didn't want the room to look too over cluttered and sloppy. It took some Ikea bookcases, a bunch of picture frames, and some well thought out layout ideas, but I love waking up to this sight every morning!

Here I have a picture frame full of Dragon Ball Super posters and a couple of the cover chapters of the manga that ran with V-Jump. It hurt ripping those covers from their respective books, but I think they look good in the frame. :D

My Dragon Ball AMV awards. I take great pride in these awards, because not many Dragon Ball AMVs ever made it to Anime Conventions as finalists within the past few years before 2012. Especially not fun and emotional types of Dragon Ball AMVs! I constantly have people tell me that when they first saw a Dragon Ball AMV on the list of Drama type videos for the contest, they were confused how that would work and thought it was a joke, but by the end of the show it turned out to be their favorite video! I'll leave a link to my popular Gohan themed AMV in case anybody wants to check it out! I highly recommend it even if you're not into AMVs. But hey, I guess I'm biased, so...

I got this canvas idea from LordCrumbs about a year ago when he posted pictures of his. I decided to get custom canvas prints of the first 6 pages of the series. Another user on the forums, jumpshot22, was kind enough to help me get the colored images I needed to make these prints. They look amazing every time I look at them. Canvas art is the way to go!

Below that is a poster frame themed with the movies. The Japanese Collectors Edition release of Battle of Gods came with postcard size images of the posters of every movie up until that point. They made for a perfect border around the edge of the frame. Since I didn't have a postcard of Resurrection F, I threw in the promotional pamphlet of the movie.

One of my most prized possessions. The One Piece and Dragon Ball Z special Collaboration Ticket. There are only 8989 copies of this in the world and I got 4356...from eBay, of course! I got it signed by Masako Nozawa (Goku), Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo), Ryūsei Nakao (Freeza), and Yūko Minaguchi (Videl). I had the chance to meet them during Animazement 2013. That was an amazing Convention! Masako Nozawa was so surprised to see the Collaboration ticket when I showed it to her to have her autograph it. She said that even she didn't have one and to take good care of it!

I've had these 1:1 scale Dragonballs for a while now, but I couldn't think of a good way to display them. That's when I had the realization that they were about the same size as baseballs! A baseball display case would be perfect! I found a 7 baseball display case on Amazon and snagged it up! It's perfect! I may move it somewhere more front and center in the future. Next to it is the Shenlong model used to create the dragon. The model can come apart too, to resemble how it looked after Piccolo Daimao killed Shenlong. It's supposed to light up too, but the light is very weak.

I only recently finished collecting the original Dragon Ball Tankobon. It feels nice to finally have them all.

Dragon Ball Super items. There are SSGSS Goku and Vegeta drinking glasses, a bento box, volume 1 of the Super manga, figures, and some V-Jumps.

Guide Books and Art Books. As well as two copies of Shonen Jump with the One Piece and Dragon Ball crossover Cross Epoch.

All 34 volumes of the Kanzenban. It annoys me that a couple of their obis are white on the bottom. And what's worse is that they're obis that advertise Dragon Ball Evolution, haha.

The US Dragon Boxes. Fortunately at the time I had disposable income to purchase these as they were coming out. So I never had to pay more than $40 for each one. Another of my most prized possessions, because I was able to get them autographed by the Japanese voice actors as well. I got Ryu Horikawa's autograph at an anime convention in Hawaii.

Dragon Box The Movies! The inside cases that hold the discs look so nice that I had to have them out for display!

Here I have a few of Akira Toriyama's non-Dragon Ball works. Nekomajin, Volume 1 of the Dr. Slump Kanzenban, and the US and JPN volumes of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

Full Color Manga. I stopped buying the Japanese version of them once the US versions started coming out. For once the US equivalent feels a lot better than the original! My collection of them is still incomplete though.

DBZ Kai. You know you have an issue when you purchase 4 different versions of Part 1. Part 1 on the far left has the Yamamoto music. The green set on the right was signed by Chris Ayres. The new US voice of Freeza. I'm sorry, I mean "Frieza." ;)

There's no theme on this shelf. Just a bunch of stuff that didn't fit anywhere else. That's not to belittle any of the items there! There's some really cool stuff there, like:

-Some of the Japanese Dragon Box singles. I bought them back when there was no sign of the US getting Dragon Boxes
-The first 5 Dragon Ball Legend releases. It sucks that these go out of stock so quickly. I wasn't able to get volume 6 so now it wouldn't feel right getting any of the other ones.

-1984 Weekly Shonen Jump Vol.50 - This is the issue of WSJ prior to Vol.51 which was where the first chapter of Dragon Ball was released to the world! There are two pages in this issue that advertised a new series that Akira Toriyama was working on called "Dragon Ball". I haven't decided what I want to do with this yet. I'm debating whether I should rip the ads off of the issue and frame them for display...or if I should just keep it intact.

And yes, I got Vol.50 because the actual Volume with the first Dragon Ball chapter, Vol.51, sells for around $400. Drabaz don't got that kind of spending money!

A bunch of Goku figures

The ladies

And lastly on the bottom row are my US DVDs. Just look at all the attempts at trying to collect the series in one consistent format. It was tough times back in my the day. You can see I only ever purchased one copy of the Orange Bricks. But I guess I do have that release to thank for giving Funimation enough revenue to actually give us the Dragon Boxes.

That's most of my collection. I do have a bunch of video games, wall scrolls, and more little figures that just didn't make the cut. I've been collecting since 2003. So this is 16 years in the making. I'm not rich so I had to collect things little by little. A good amount was purchased by fellow people here on the Kanzenshuu forums. So I have this great community to thank for all this! Thanks!!

[/spoiler]
OMFG, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or you are very rich or you are very poor!
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:08 am

Drabaz wrote:So my collection has grown since the last time this picture was taken.

[spoiler]Image

A bunch of Goku figures

The ladies

[/spoiler]
Feels like a paradise for any Dragon Ball fan! :shock:
Such a beautiful collection! Take care of everything.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:12 am

I would have to say that Drabz is rich in terms of DB material I meant holy shit. I don't even want to put up my little shelf of stuff. I thought I had collected a lot of things throughout the years but this...this is impressive. :clap:

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:31 pm

After having a relatively large collection I've sold a lot off and am just trying to keep it basic.

Probably my last Dragon Ball Manga purchase. I've owned a bit of every set from he "manga style" editions to finally completing them with the 3in1s (recently sold) this is about the most perfect release I could as for (aside form it not be 100% faithful to the original printings) also have jacko and Toriyama theater 2 and the last kazenbann (for the ending) and 1 Viz Full color! Some cool statues and little figures to boot!
Image[/img]
My favorite statue of all!
[/img]

Some other random figures
Imagettps://s22.postimg.org/5byn88zod/20160929_212837.jpg[/img][/url]

Dr. Slump (own digitally now but meaning to get more

Essental blurays!

and signed poster!

Some DVDs of the Pioneer Movies and the best of Goku DVD (Awesome walmart find!)

Rock the Dragon (So glad I got this when I did. I hope to get as much ocean autographs on this as possible) and Special DVD set!

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:17 am

Drabaz wrote:[spoiler]So my collection has grown since the last time this picture was taken.

Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image

A bunch of Goku figures

The ladies

Image[/spoiler]
Awesome stuff dude, you're ones came out great and look impressive. Great to ready you got some done :) Jumpshot was also the one who hooked me up with the colour prints too!

jumpshot22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jumpshot22 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:09 am

Drabaz wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Dude, those turned out great! Here's a couple quick pictures of the ones I had made.

I think I'm going to get more made once I get my own place and have more free wall space. Doing the first 6 pages of the manga is a great idea. I think I might do some of the cool chapter covers.
LordCrumb wrote:
Drabaz wrote:[spoiler]So my collection has grown since the last time this picture was taken.

Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image

A bunch of Goku figures

The ladies

Image[/spoiler]

Awesome stuff dude, you're ones came out great and look impressive. Great to ready you got some done :) Jumpshot was also the one who hooked me up with the colour prints too!
Always willing to help out around here :D the manga looks so damn good on canvas.

I should probably get around to taking pictures of my collection and showing it on here. I have a shipment of cels coming in soon so I might do it after they get here.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:32 am

[spoiler]

A bunch of Goku figures

The ladies

[/spoiler]

Oh my goodness, that's a sweet setup man. And everything is so neat!

maroyasha

Post by maroyasha » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:27 pm

My collection is slowly expanding. I've moved many times over the years and have lost many things from all my collections. DB was the smallest for awhile and still is. But it is slowly growing.

First 3 vizbigs. Had some of the Tankobon. It has dissapeared over the years.

Bardock: Father of Goku (English) on VHS. In between Close Encounters, and yes, Flubber.

Currently reorganising shelves, but there's Funko Freeza and Scouter Vegeta. DBZ Supersonic Warriors. A kid Gohan figure my friend got me. SH Figuarts Freeza and Scouter Vegeta in that tiny bin. If anyone is wondering, the two VHS on the left are the first 2 Transformers G1 VHS tapes.

Like I said, reorganising. But those figures are from a 4 pack I got for the holidays. Lost the Majin Vegeta base. Want to get small lights to put under their bases so they glow.

A constantly growing binder of DB Trading Cards from all different sets and releases.

The extent of my physical copies of anything DB. Planning to greatly expand.

Some of the single chapter releases of DB by Viz. Got the 1st 4 chapters and then some random ones.

My DB video game collection. Not shown is Extreme Butoden for 3DS.

A commission of SSJ Final Flash Vegeta I got done. Came out a bit feminine, but still looks awesome. Signed by AntFish, Kaiserneko and Takahata101.

Tiny Shenron plush.

SSJ Vegeta and Future Trunks Tamashii Buddies

The Battle of Z promotional poster from Gamestop.

ShadowDude112
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by ShadowDude112 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Just bought the Full Color Freeza Volume 3 at Barnes and Noble since Diamond is terrible and didn't send it to my comic shop.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:44 am

New stuff I got today from a local convention:

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Another small chunk.

I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:17 am

A bunch of Goku figures

The ladies

Image[/spoiler]
Dude this collection is so amazing I literally had a tear in my eye after viewing the last image lol

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:02 am

Seriously? You quote that post in its entirety, and *still* don't spoiler most of it, and only give a couple sentences to reply for the unspoilered megapost?

Have you no shame?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.