Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Dragon Ball Gals continues with Chichi: China Dress Version!

I also got two other figures yesterday from my local anime shop! The one in the fore is Suguha from Sword Art Online, while the one on the right is Souryuu Asuka Langley from Shin Seiki Evangelion.

The box for Chichi is huge!

She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:40 pm

FINALLY got these bad boys after many years!
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 pm

SmugStick wrote:Part of my love for Dragon Ball is represented in this Shrine I have. In the back you back see the poster my girlfriend made me when she asked me to prom, it talks about how I'm her one wish for the Dragon balls to grand. (We asked each other at the exact same time) There is a Goku, Krillin, Piccolo, Roshi, etc. Each figure has sentimental value in someway.
You're a lucky man. It's amazing that a girl made you a promposal (that probably won't happen to me you lucky guy) and it's even more amazing that she made a DB one for you. Since I'm clearly never going to have a girlfriend who appreciates DB I'm glad some people are able to have that.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

PremiumSalt wrote:Image

Eyyyy me too! They'll be coming in the mail tomorrow. Can I ask how much you got them for? :thumbup:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:36 am

Forte224 wrote:

Eyyyy me too! They'll be coming in the mail tomorrow. Can I ask how much you got them for? :thumbup:
$599.99, which was a pretty good deal considering they usually go for something like $1000! How much did you pay?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am

PremiumSalt wrote:
Forte224 wrote:

$599.99, which was a pretty good deal considering they usually go for something like $1000! How much did you pay?
Ooo nice. $670 (used, like new condition) but they come with DB Blue Brick Season 1 and four of the DBZ two pack movie blu rays...so I came out pretty good too!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Just bought 2 Puzzles. Haven't tried to do a puzzle in years but this should be fun. Will start over the weekend.

This is the first

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 1700294657

The second is on preorder and is from the baseball epsiode which I loved so had to get. :)

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Niiiice. :)

I'll never forget finding the last 3 sets in a pawn shop for $8 (Canadian) each. I am never that lucky. :lol: Though I'll never see the first four, that's for sure.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Bryesque wrote:

I'll never forget finding the last 3 sets in a pawn shop for $8 (Canadian) each. I am never that lucky. :lol: Though I'll never see the first four, that's for sure.
Daaammn dude! That's a fucking deal. What condition were they in?

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:16 am

PremiumSalt wrote:
Bryesque wrote:

Daaammn dude! That's a fucking deal. What condition were they in?
Definitely not as nice as yours, but for the price I can't complain. :lol: They have some small nicks and tears on the outer boxes (and unfortunately there were price stickers put on the box that were impossible to get off without some minor damage) but everything inside is mostly in great shape.

I'm gonna be on the hunt for a miracle deal on boxes 1-4 for the rest of my life, though nobody's that lucky. :lol:

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:19 pm

The Dragon Boxes finally came!!!!!! I'm ecstatic!! They had extras too! Now to test each disc individually to make sure they work. :crazy: :crazy:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Forte224 wrote:The Dragon Boxes finally came!!!!!! I'm ecstatic!! They had extras too! Now to test each disc individually to make sure they work. :crazy: :crazy:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Can't edit else I would've. Goodness, it just hit me how much I spent on them and I feel a little woozy now, haha. Anyone else spend a small fortune on these things or did most get them on release?

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:45 pm

I just Bought some action Figures a few days ago :

https://twitter.com/Ripper_30/status/915956062804574208
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 am

Behold, the strongest warriors in the universe!

I'm trying not to make a habit of collecting too many Funko POPs, but I couldn't resist one of my favorite Dragon Ball characters and my favorite wrestler, the legendary Iron Sheik! I traded a Jason Voorhees Glow Chase and a Weaponized Rick Chase variant for them, and I'm super stoked!
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Decided to post a picture of my old and new Collection
Of BR/DVDs and figures (other stuff I own not pictured or on order) This display is temporary though I'll move this stuff because my cats will get mad.

As you can see I have some of the original singles on DVD but back in the day I wasn't really trying to collect the whole series. Now I think I will eventually get all of Z BR too.

The Future Trunks & SSJ Goten and Trunks were crappy figures I picked up probably at K-Mart about 17 years ago. I also had a cheap SSJ Vegeta in his Buu outfit but I seemed to have lost that. Oh well I guess I am not lacking in Vegeta figures. ;)

https://twitter.com/kimalysong/status/9 ... 8809774080

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:00 am

I finally had the will to put my posters on my room's wall! The photo doesn't do justice to it, but I'm very proud of the result. I'll definitely expand it in the future.

Oh, and Super is finally getting some merchandise here in pizza land!
The first one is a sticker album by Panini. The logo in it's back it's very cool.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Second one is this seemingly bootleg collection of chibi figures (taken directly from the UDM Burst gashapon collection). Better than nothing. Nice Broli by the way.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 pm

My recently updated collection :)

https://imgur.com/a/SwsrO

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 am

this really deserves it own thread. not sure how big collections get but this is definitely up there!

the man richie, still not sure if hes american, japanese or australian! :lol:

https://youtu.be/7YYrryuqJiQ

Darksenshi

Post by Darksenshi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 am

Not sure if any of you are members of our FB group dbz collectors united but it'd be great to see all of your collections there. Please join us https://www.facebook.com/groups/DBZCollectorsUnited/

Shia Hauls

Post by Shia Hauls » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:33 am

DBZ Collection Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YYrryuqJiQ

My name is Richie. Just wanted to share some photos with you all of my collection.

If you are a fan, or a DBZ collector...be sure to follow our social media links below:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/1492072374409781
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shia.hauls/

I encourage you all to come check us out. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Last edited by Shia Hauls on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DBZ Collection Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YYrryuqJiQ

Calling all DBZ collectors...be sure to follow our social media links below:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/1492072374409781
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shia.hauls/
I encourage you all to come check us out. I promise you wont be disappointed.