"Choose Your Waifu" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Choose Your Waifu" Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm

I think it would be either Towa, Gine or Android 18... Those three are very attractive.
โ€ข Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed! โ€ข

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Vados all the fucking way!

- gorgeous
- talks shit like a pro
- literally an angel (which is romantic as shit)
- stronger than pretty much anyone else

She's fucking amazing :oops:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:43 pm

soppa saia people wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:What's a waifu ?
A two-dimensional female character that one feels burning passion for and would like to or already have married.
In that case Lunch (blonde).
While I still find the concept rather creepy, I think I gotta go with ChiChi.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
A two-dimensional female character that one feels burning passion for and would like to or already have married.
In that case Lunch (blonde).
While I still find the concept rather creepy, I think I gotta go with ChiChi.
Do you cheat, lie, kill or otherwise calm harm to others because you love a fictional character? No? Then you're fine.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:11 am

Saturnine wrote:Vados all the fucking way!

- gorgeous
- talks shit like a pro

Se is really amazing! Not even all other girls together could be in her level...Vados is an true angel and I love her!
Vados Sama!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:12 am

This thread is six months old, yet some people are still eager to prove their creepiness. Does it really matter that much to them?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:15 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:This thread is six months old, yet some people are still eager to prove their creepiness. Does it really matter that much to them?
For the record, I still find it creepy and just wanted to fixed my shitty post.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:This thread is six months old, yet some people are still eager to prove their creepiness. Does it really matter that much to them?
"I don't like drawings, but if I did let me make sure I change my mind about which drawing I like six months after the fact!"

Come on, folks. Let's have a little self-awareness and maturity here. The sooner we accept the truth the sooner we can get to discussing why we like something.
She/Her๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’œ ๐Ÿ’™
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:03 am

This kind of creepy don't bother me :lol:
So for the waifu I choose Chichi. Videl from the Buu arc comes in second place.
But I really like all DB women, even Uranai Baba. :shifty:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:44 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
"I don't like drawings, but if I did let me make sure I change my mind about which drawing I like six months after the fact!"

Come on, folks. Let's have a little self-awareness and maturity here. The sooner we accept the truth the sooner we can get to discussing why we like something.
You got me beat there.

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 am

Bulma's too vain and high maintenance.
18 seems too cold and distant.
Chichi's flaky and a tiger mom.
I like Videl quite a bit, but Suno seems like she would be a good wife.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Saturnine wrote:Vados all the fucking way!

- gorgeous
- talks shit like a pro

I was gonna say the same thing. Vados ftw

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 pm

I would choose the version of Bra drawn by Scarz in her take of the Bra vs. King Cold fight. :thumbup:

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Videl. Tough but with a gentle interior once you get to know her. Not shallow or vain and seems to be a good mom and supportive wife.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Lookerman

Post by Lookerman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:39 pm

ringworm128 wrote:Pigtails Videl gets too much praise.
Also
Glad to see another one who prefers short haired Viddy.

No offense to those who like the pigtails, but I'm not a big fan of them.

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:57 pm

#18. Bulma has the body type of my personal preference, but the very fact that #18 can't age is amazing.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 pm

How is having a female character you enjoy creepy?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Future Mai.
Equilibrated.
All the other ones are too damn complicated to date or live with.
Mai's the perfect wife. Not the sexiest, not the smarter, but surely the most plausible girl of all the franchise.
Marrying someone is NOT a fact of cuteness. I swear on it. Cuteness fade out the very first moment she want for you to earn double as you do, argument about "what you said i think you think I'm thinking... i hate you", and decide to call his own mother all day long. And after that, EACH single word you'll say after a day of work, 2 hours of traffic and your boy Yamcha get trashed again will be scrutinized, distorted and used against you.
Choose wisely my young friends. Choose wisely who to marry...
That beautiful angel will last one minute.

On a side note... my actual wife look too much as C18, with Lunch mood changes, clumsy as Jaco and mad as Broly.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:14 am

kinisking wrote:
How is having a female character you enjoy creepy?
That's not what a waifu is.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:51 am

Future Mai or short haired Videl from the Boo arc.

Lazuli is awesome but she seems too cold. Bulma is not really out of the question, but Mai and Videl are just better personality wise. The rest, meh. I hate Chichi after she married, so...
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.