“Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D” CG Attraction

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sodhi
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Sodhi » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:31 pm

4D or 5D movies are always short, because of added effects in the theatre.10-15 min is average.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:35 pm

That was a hell of a lot like a final fantasy CGI type of movie, ok not on that certain level but still good. Definitely wouldnt mind a long film of something like that.
Also loved the choir type cha la song at the end, that was awesome!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:02 pm

- No DBS this week-

I thought I wouldn't mind much not having a DBS episode this week, but I have to admit I missed my dose this weekend and start wondering about the meaning of Sundays. :lol:

-DB 4D Movie-

I'm usually indifferent to these things and this one isn't much different.
As a DB fan, I'm glad we got something like this, because I welcome everything good that happens to this franchise, but just like Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV CGI Movie this something that doesn't tell me much.

Now that i think about it, the only exception that I would like to see in this format would be Kingdom Hearts.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: “Dragon Ball Z: The Real 4-D” CG Attraction

Post by Big Momma » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:26 pm

I didn't watch that explicitly illegal link....but if I had I would comment on how the 3D animation looks pretty good. And I'd also ask if that was a new song played near the end.

But, of course, I didn't watch it. So that's all hypothetical.

EDIT: I just hypothetically watched it again and realized that the song is actually a different version of "We Gotta Power".
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:39 pm

Does anyone know who is the hooded individual that gathers the Dragon Balls and wishes for Frieza to be brought back to life in the 4D animation?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 pm

vashter wrote:some guy upload on a camera doesn't make it pirate
Unfortunately, I think we have to go back to basics here.

The scenario you're describing as not being "pirate" is the very textbook definition of pirated material.

Just because something IS on the Internet (be it a photo, a song, a movie, or any piece of intellectual property) does not inherently mean there was ever permission for it to be there in the first place, and that trickles down to there being no inherent permission for it to be further distributed, linked, and shared. Insert the old "two wrongs don't make a right" proverb that was presumably passed down to you at some point.

This should be and is a very clear-cut case: this is a piece of film that is brand-new, contemporary, and has an admission charge. No-one has the right to make a copy of it and distribute it for free beyond the original producers themselves, and I can guarantee you they're not the ones uploading off-screen camera recordings.

We're not oblivious, however, and realize that we as fans are committing copyright infringement literally on a daily (if not hourly) basis. Hell, a good portion of our entire mission here at Kanzenshuu is to document history and citations without the explicit permission of the original rights-holders. We hope and truly believe, however, that you can see a difference between an English translation of a Q&A session versus a complete piece of film, and that you will show us all enough respect to not put us in a position where we are asked to hand over personally-identifying information about you upon rights-holder request.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:06 am

I want a full version of that rendition of "We Gotta Power" in my possession right fucking now. That sounded incredible.

Really entertaining short film. The fight scenes were very exciting. But I swear there were some shots that were ripped straight out of Man of Steel.

It's definitely inspired by Man of Steel.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:50 am

Aw I didn't get to see it before it was taken down.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:17 am

I thought the 3D animation looked really cool. It would be cool to see a animated movie like that one day.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:40 am

I found it now, it was actually very good. I could see them possibly doing a movie like that one day.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:23 am

4D?

so they're gonna show us what Frieza fighting Goku smells like?

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:25 pm

I hope they release it in DVD or something one day. That was pretty sweet.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 pm

I could see movie like that making a lot of money here in the states with the right promotion. Imagine if a studio like Pixar animated a CGI movie for Dragon Ball, it would definitely be a piece of work visually.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:55 pm

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Hate to bump this thread but there is going to be a new story for this attraction.
The last one wasn't that long so if it's the same then there won't be much to it. Do you think they'll get Toriyama invloved with it ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:32 pm

sintzu wrote:Do you think they'll get Toriyama invloved with it ?
I don't think so. They usually announce Toriyama's involvement from the initial announcement of whatever he is involved.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 09, 2017 3:10 am

Broly will be the villain of this new one.

https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-the-re ... broly-god/

Goku will have SsjB and Broly will have a new form so it looks like it will be set somewhere in Super's timeline.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 09, 2017 4:35 am

sintzu wrote:Broly will be the villain of this new one.

https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-the-re ... broly-god/

Goku will have SsjB and Broly will have a new form so it looks like it will be set somewhere in Super's timeline.
No it isn't, it's under the heading of Dragon Ball Z.

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Tue May 09, 2017 6:58 am

Akira Toriyama's making a new storyline with Broly and he's a God now!?!?!? :o

Sweet Beerus!

I always had this funny feeling that Broly was a G.O.D. even before Beerus was introduced.

Am I the only one who had this idea for awhile since the movies era? :shock:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue May 09, 2017 7:39 am

nitwit wrote:Akira Toriyama's making a new storyline with Broly and he's a God now!?!?!? :o

Sweet Beerus!

I always had this funny feeling that Broly was a G.O.D. even before Beerus was introduced.

Am I the only one who had this idea for awhile since the movies era? :shock:
No, I might have thought the same thing before your time.