Promotional Material for Future Trunks Arc!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nicolas_3d
Beyond Newbie

Re: Promotional Material for Future Trunks Arc!

Post by nicolas_3d » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:13 pm

But you must admit that merchandise sales have been laughable so far...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:15 pm

nicolas_3d wrote:But you must admit that merchandise sales have been laughable so far...
I... what...? No?

(Huh?)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

nicolas_3d
Beyond Newbie

Post by nicolas_3d » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
nicolas_3d wrote:But you must admit that merchandise sales have been laughable so far...
I... what...? No?

(Huh?)
I mean since Dragon Ball's revival around 2010...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 pm

It's actually been on a steady up-tick since 2011, and last fiscal year in particular (linked above) blew all the recent years out of the water.

I wouldn't call any of that "laughable". 2010 and before, sure. Not certainly not the last year.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 pm

"Tranks" is still alive and well, I see. :mrgreen:
Oh person who names the png images at Toei.

I'm happy to finally see more of Gokû Black's outfit.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

nicolas_3d
Beyond Newbie

Post by nicolas_3d » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It's actually been on a steady up-tick since 2011, and last fiscal year in particular (linked above) blew all the recent years out of the water.

I wouldn't call any of that "laughable". 2010 and before, sure. Not certainly not the last year.
Do you think Bandai, Toei and others did a good job in the way they handled the business? Their financial filings include quarterly and annual reports, annual information forms, management proxy circulars, prospectuses and material change reports. As required by Japanese financial legislation, these documents are filed with the Japanese Securities Administrators. For most industrial companies the financial result is negative, as the interest charged on borrowing generally exceeds income from investments (dividends). If a company records a positive financial Result over several periods, then one has to ask how much capital is invested at which interest rate, and if this capital would not bear a greater yield if it were invested in the company's growth. In case of constant, positive financial results a company also has to deal with increasing demands for special distributions to its shareholders.

In Dragon Ball's case, this can be applied to the following: Merchandising, tv rights and other intellectual properties.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:51 pm

nicolas_3d wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:It's actually been on a steady up-tick since 2011, and last fiscal year in particular (linked above) blew all the recent years out of the water.

Do you think Bandai, Toei and others did a good job in the way they handled the business? Their financial filings include quarterly and annual reports, annual information forms, management proxy circulars, prospectuses and material change reports. As required by Japanese financial legislation, these documents are filed with the Japanese Securities Administrators. For most industrial companies the financial result is negative, as the interest charged on borrowing generally exceeds income from investments (dividends). If a company records a positive financial Result over several periods, then one has to ask how much capital is invested at which interest rate, and if this capital would not bear a greater yield if it were invested in the company's growth. In case of constant, positive financial results a company also has to deal with increasing demands for special distributions to its shareholders.

In Dragon Ball's case, this can be applied to the following: Merchandising, tv rights and other intellectual properties.
I have no idea what you're going on about. At the end of the day, the Dragon Ball franchise is stronger and more profitable now than it has been in many years.